Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Didn't TB2 enter the inventory back in 2014 or so.. that gives us 2,5 TB2 a month (in 6 years). I thought the production capacity had been increased to 8 a month. Am I wrong ?

2014 is first flight of TB2, 2016 is the formal induction year of TB2 into service (if i recall correctly) If they increased production capacity at some point it's not easy to tell what the average rate TB2 leaves the assembly line. However, I expect it to be similar to the rate in which CATS E/O are produced - which is 4 a month atm.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,118
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Didn't TB2 enter the inventory back in 2014 or so.. that gives us 2,5 TB2 a month (in 6 years). I thought the production capacity had been increased to 8 a month. Am I wrong ?

Apart from combat-master's comment, the number might not include downed/crashed TB2 (which is in the 10-20 range, I think). If you include them the monthly production rate will be higher.

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,309
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
W--jQpWdGKswF80EHEaqlQPkF8-0nc_mkGtBARqp85u4QmKtH1K8huZUtk4hvOFZArRwVTd8_53Qlh6_1qq7a1unLPOqjL_417BECux7nVhUp9jGqzq2q2JkJMolgtc=s0

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,309
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
1dac240f59099fda24802d54bcc3b168.jpg

ULAK VTL-02 VTOL UAV

Weight: 21 kg*
Speed: 90 km/hr
Endurance: 2.5 hours*
Service Ceiling: 13,000 ft

* = Including payload

Quasar

Contributor
The Post Deleter
Reactions
34 2,569
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Gürcan Okumuş stated that they are working on increasing the range of KGK from 30 km to 50 km which wiil be used on Aksungur and Akıncı

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,922
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
They have been working on this for several years. We'll probably see either this or a similar one.. This ammunition will make UAVs much more effective..

KGK-LR-780x470.jpg

dustdevil

Committed member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
In his latest stream with Defence Turk he said they worked on KGK-ER but there is no solid project. And it seems to be competing with turbojet version Kuzgun and they are also happy with 110 km range of KGK released from F-16.

I think a TJ-90 type turbojet can give KGK-ER a range of 250 km from F-16 and 180ish km from UAV from lower altitudes so hope they develop KGK-ER too... maybe they will wait for TJ-90 type cheap engines from domestic manufacturers or Kuzgun work can be carried back to KGK-ER. It will be good for long range sniping of long range SAMs with less exposure to aircraft in contested airspace.

dustdevil

Committed member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I have no information about that..
He had a tone that not everything they research/develop becomes a product and it’s up to deciders and end users to decide.

It’s logical and normal and a bit depressing too. Even in more advanced countries defense-industry wise like USA, the best weapon is not selected for development or procurement and politics/old habits come into play.

Quasar

Contributor
The Post Deleter
Reactions
34 2,569
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
in short what he said word by word was KGK has a range of 110 km from F 16 and especially with improvements in algorithms and software we reached a range of 30 km from Akgunger and in a very short time we can reach more than 50 kilometers. So I dont think that he is talking about a jet engine added varient of KGK. he was also taking abot a KGK variant with a laser seeker.

Last edited:

dustdevil

Committed member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
in short what he said word by word was KGK has a range of 110 km from F 16 and especially with improvements in algorithms and software we reached a range of 30 km from Akgunger and in a very short time we can reach more than 50 kilometers. So I dont thik that he is talking about a jet engine added varient of KGK. he was also taking abot a KGK variant with a laser seeker.
With the glide ratio of KGK it’s normal to have 50-60 km range from UAV. I was surprised that the first test range was 30 km, I expect more at high altitudes if UAV can carry it. If he talks about more than 150km from UAV, that would mean jet engine addition IMHO.

KGK with laser seeker is ok, but another very low hanging fruit.
Sorry for depressing thoughts, not intended to cause low morale, I’m just a bit impatient....I wish they had more budget. SAGE is doing very nice.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,709
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The first test of KGK from a UAV is done at a low altitude so a 50+km range for a high altitude release is not surprising.

KGK-LR as of now is a SAGE project it is not officially requested from the Turkish Armed Forces or SSB. We don't know from which direction the wind will blow. It seems like the Kuzgun project has the priority. But you should know that warhead of Kuzgun is small and you cant destroy hard targets like tunnels or caves or reinforced aircraft shelters(though I'm sure it can fly through a hangar door :) ) with Kuzgun. Kuzgun is a high-tech asset that is developed to hunt other mobile high-tech assets by swarming them at stand-off ranges. Laser guidance for KGK is in the works and it is a contracted project. Laser KGK will be able to engage mobile targets. KGK for Mk84 is also a contracted work. Lastly, a wing kit for light torpedoes is being developed by SAGE. This is also most likely an official request which comes from the navy.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,656
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
The first test of KGK from a UAV is done at a low altitude so a 50+km range for a high altitude release is not surprising.

KGK-LR as of now is a SAGE project it is not officially requested from the Turkish Armed Forces or SSB. We don't know from which direction the wind will blow. It seems like the Kuzgun project has the priority. But you should know that warhead of Kuzgun is small and you cant destroy hard targets like tunnels or caves or reinforced aircraft shelters(though I'm sure it can fly through a hangar door :) ) with Kuzgun. Kuzgun is a high-tech asset that is developed to hunt other mobile high-tech assets by swarming them at stand-off ranges. Laser guidance for KGK is in the works and it is a contracted project. Laser KGK will be able to engage mobile targets. KGK for Mk84 is also a contracted work. Lastly, a wing kit for light torpedoes is being developed by SAGE. This is also most likely an official request which comes from the navy.
Wing kit for light torpedoes? That's what we are all waiting for! Do you know when it will be ready?

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom