Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,785
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

"Providing information about ANKA-3's internal and external weapon stations, Sütcü said, "We have 7 stations in total on the plane. Under the fuselage we have the main large internal weapon bay. Again, we have two additional stations that we can call the inside of the fuselage integrated into the wings. We have a total of 4 stations as external stations."

So, it'll have 3 internal weapon bays and 4 external ones. I wonder if those external hardpoints can be jettisoned, I really hope they are.

"Finally, Fatma Sütcü gave information about when ANKA-3 will enter the inventory, “You know, in defense industry projects recently we have been trying to put them in the inventory since the first production . After making the first test of this prototype, we plan to enter the inventory and mature in the inventory."

It'd be interesting to see how we might use this prototype. We can't use it to its full potential but it is exciting to think that we are going to have a flying wing bomber drone in our inventory.

Also, as a side note, I love the fact that a young woman is responsible for one of the most important projects in Turkish aviation history. It is a special kind of fuck you to Western propagandists that love painting us as a nation from Dark Ages.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,735
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Also, as a side note, I love the fact that a young woman is responsible for one of the most important projects in Turkish aviation history. It is a special kind of fuck you to Western propagandists that love painting us as a nation from Dark Ages.
Even then they will portray the Turks as a race from the dark ages; however, you must know that such a decision isnt based on facts but on a massive inferiority complex that lasted for hundreds of decades

People may not believe me but the Europeans till this date cant get over the fact that the Turks were the only human race who were able to steamroll through most of Europe. Not only did the Turks destroyed the White race supremacy theory, but also implemented a new religion, infrastructure, and culture into the European demography that still persists to this date. Just go and tell any European who claims that the West was never invaded but they are the ones who invade amd tell them that the Turks dominated those fools for several decades and they will go bonkers and lash at you

The best response to these people is RESULTS. In 2017, they insulted Turkey, the govt, the people and the MMU program itself when they saw that the first produced part was the AC of the plane. Now, after 5 years of slanders, all of the West is silent not knowing what to say

Strong AI

Contributor
Reactions
21 2,269
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

"Radar and air-to-air ammunition will be integrated. As you know, we will also be integrating the radar system that our local company is working on. Afterwards, we will also be able to use air-to-air ammunition."

I think only the twin-engine version will have this capability.

Thinking about ANKA-3 with two TF10k, AESA radar and GÖKHAN missile, we definitely need to navalize it and start building a proper AC ASAP.

Last edited:

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,490
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
"Radar and air-to-air ammunition will be integrated. As you know, we will also be integrating the radar system that our local company is working on. Afterwards, we will also be able to use air-to-air ammunition."

I think the twin-engine version will have this capability.

Thinking about ANKA-3 with two TF10k, AESA radar and GÖKHAN missile, we definitely need to navalize it and start building a proper AC ASAP.
With the twin-engine TF-10000, the Anka-3 will definitely have a larger internal weapon slot. I think the wing area will grow even more.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,195
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
With the twin-engine TF-10000, the Anka-3 will definitely have a larger internal weapon slot. I think the wing area will grow even more.
Imagine such a plane powered by 4 KAAN engines. We can even try to launch small satellites from such a plane.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
115 14,820
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
M
May I ask what you are going to do with 2 x TF10000 engines with afterburners on a flying wing?
I guess you know that no one in the world uses afterburner engines with flying wings? Apart from augmenting take off power (which is silly for a flying wing due to it’s high lift design) an afterburner will light up the plane to make it an easy target.
In order to fly supersonic, the Anka3 will have to have much thinner wing which will adversely affect the rigidity of the airframe.
2 x TF6000 engines would provide ample power to a future Anka-3 with twin engines.
Just investigate and study X45-A , X45-C and X47 flying wings regarding how engines of different thrust levels have been used to obtain better performance from these planes.

Unless we intend to produce a bidirectional flying wing which would be super quiet without sonic boom and low drag on wings, a flying wing of Anka-3’s ilk is not the right way to go for supersonic.

1683201394140.jpeg

demir283

Reactions
2 216
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
M

May I ask what you are going to do with 2 x TF10000 engines with afterburners on a flying wing?
I guess you know that no one in the world uses afterburner engines with flying wings? Apart from augmenting take off power (which is silly for a flying wing due to it’s high lift design) an afterburner will light up the plane to make it an easy target.
In order to fly supersonic, the Anka3 will have to have much thinner wing which will adversely affect the rigidity of the airframe.
2 x TF6000 engines would provide ample power to a future Anka-3 with twin engines.
Just investigate and study X45-A , X45-C and X47 flying wings regarding how engines of different thrust levels have been used to obtain better performance from these planes.

Unless we intend to produce a bidirectional flying wing which would be super quiet without sonic boom and low drag on wings, a flying wing of Anka-3’s ilk is not the right way to go for supersonic.

View attachment 57094

i think this is more feasibly approach that 2012
applsci-13-04712-g024.png

more info....

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,709
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
TAI is working on some really advanced shit on flight control and control surfaces which might make supersonic flying wing design a reality.

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,785
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
My understanding from the first day is that there will be 2 internally. The underbody will be external, not internal.
This is literally what the project manager had said, and what I put in the post:

"Under the fuselage we have the main large internal weapon bay. Again, we have two additional stations that we can call the inside of the fuselage integrated into the wings."

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,553
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina

B3H4VE

Reactions
4 23
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
That doesn't seem believable, yes it was a TB-2 getting shot down but it has AutoRTB of it loses signal, so seems like a cover-up for their IFF or comn failure between two branches
If configured for DCT, could it be RTB above city center ?

If they lost the signal, they might've not wanted to risk it, even if it was performing RTB. After all AFAIK they only use WVR communication with the aircraft.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,118
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan

Baykar bought land for potentially a new production facility close to their current facilities.

According to the same source, Baykar recently recieved a major order. Their current backlog occupies 5 YEARS of full production capacity. Baykar is in desperate need to increase production. Hopefully, they will also open a factory in inner Anatolia to diversify geographic risk e.g. earth quake.

Last edited:

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,977
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Some might consider this as being major news...

@Avionot obtained some valuable information regarding Kızılelma's canards and their functionality. As you all know the canards are moveable. However we haven't seen them operate. We have theorized this multiple times as far as I can remember. And it looks like we have our answer finally...

-The canards are operable. However it wasn't necessary to use them. She apparently flies "well" without their help.
-When the aircraft starts doing maneuvers as part of its testing program, then we will see them move.

Currently the aircraft's pitch is controlled via the flaperons.

Screen Shot 2023-04-26 at 16.23.04.png

BONUS: The canards are now smaller due to the previous iteration interfering with the airflow coming over the main wing to a significant extent.

Top Bottom