TR UAV/UCAV Programs | Anka - series | Kızılelma | TB - series

infrared

Reactions
4 200
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey

Baykar Makina produces 1 Bayraktar TB-2 per day.
Actually the text is not consistent within itself. It uses both "produces" and "can produce" within the same text which mean totally different things. Considering the total orders for the next years, they are probably not utilizing full capacity (1 tb2/day) currently, so I would expect "produces" to be incorrect. Turkish defense media needs a huge overhaul.

infrared

Reactions
4 200
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
He combines 2 sentences vaguely to imply Baykar is producing 1 tb2 per day.
In the end, better feeling viewers are more likely to come back.

I say there is no way Baykar will produce 360 tb2s this year. Feel free to remind me anytime in 2024 if you ever see tail number 920 (560+360).

uçuyorum

Contributor
Reactions
9 1,220
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
That's too much hassle and would mean a KC135 with the basket adapter cannot refuel F-16's or E7s in flight. Adapter works for singular missions but not at bulk.

Thing is, The underwing pods used for this role are made by Cobham. If we place this order, they would sell us a nice number of pods as well.

rreAAzs.jpeg
Just for reference

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,977
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
61 7,674
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I had the same thought but then doubted myself.
That would be odd for them to take Kızılelma 2.0 to a start-up fair, won't it?
Might just be a future what if. No need to read too much into it for now. Kızılelma will grow and grow, we will probably see a twin engine version in the future.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
10 9,054
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Might just be a future what if. No need to read too much into it for now. Kızılelma will grow and grow, we will probably see a twin engine version in the future.

i've been of the opinion for sometime now that eventually the kizilelma will evolve into a 6th gen fighter jet. it may take 20 years, but if unmanned AI driven fighter jets is the future, then once this thing moves up a few iterations then your probably there.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
61 7,674
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
i've been of the opinion for sometime now that eventually the kizilelma will evolve into a 6th gen fighter jet. it may take 20 years, but if unmanned AI driven fighter jets is the future, then once this thing moves up a few iterations then your probably there.
I don't think it's really clear what "6th gen" is. US doesn't know it, UK doesn't know. Chinese don't even use the NATO generation system. It's more of a buzzword for the moment than anything else.

If KE can become a fighter jet replacement, meaning being able to do air to air and air to ground combat duties as a replacement to a modern 4.5th gen jet fighter, and not a substitute, it'll be where it needs to be. And this will be even harder to achieve than for Kaan to achieve FOC.

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,838
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
we will probably see a twin engine version in the future.
We are definitely going to see a twin engine version because that is the final version of KE Baykar has shown before. That one will be the true 5th gen fighter drone, not the version right now.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
10 9,054
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
I don't think it's really clear what "6th gen" is. US doesn't know it, UK doesn't know. Chinese don't even use the NATO generation system. It's more of a buzzword for the moment than anything else.

If KE can become a fighter jet replacement, meaning being able to do air to air and air to ground combat duties as a replacement to a modern 4.5th gen jet fighter, and not a substitute, it'll be where it needs to be. And this will be even harder to achieve than for Kaan to achieve FOC.

no doubts, i'm simply going on what every one seems to be claiming will be a 6th gen. If you take the KE and imagine its iterations 10 to 15 years from now it probably lines up with what people think 6th gen will be today. But maybe when 6th gen comes around it will be nothing like what is speculated today.

DBdev

Committed member
Reactions
8 463
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
For me, megawatt laser weapons that somehow don't bloom are a must for 6th gen.

If you have lasers you won't need fast speeds or AI team ups or any of the other not so new crap. We have heard NGAD broke SR71's records but I suspect it was for mere seconds. Considering how fuel hungry ramjets are.

AI will not outsmart humans anytime soon.

That leaves us with my fav, laser weapons! Both for air combat and ground attacks. Yes, yes, I know... No way a jet engine can possibly power a megawatt laser, or a fighter jet can possibly carry it etc. etc. But still until laser weapons on planes become real everything else will still be only 5+ gen IMHO.

Top Bottom