DBdev

Committed member
Reactions
8 463
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I am very proud of TUSAS. Congrats to all.

But:
"If best America had was not stealthy enough even for Iran, what is the point? " Is there a constant program scientifically evaluating our planes against various air defense radars to figure out weaknesses as in the movie "broken arrow"?

Currently stealth is a very capricious tech as I understand it. One day your plane is stealthy as it can be, next day a screw is 1 mm off and you are as big as a barn door on enemy radar. But will we even be aware of that before it's too late?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran–U.S._RQ-170_incident

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,836
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

But:
"If best America had was not stealthy enough even for Iran, what is the point? " Is there a constant program scientifically evaluating our planes against various air defense radars to figure out weaknesses as in the movie "broken arrow"?

Currently stealth is a very capricious tech as I understand it. One day your plane is stealthy as it can be, next day a screw is 1 mm off and you are as big as a barn door on enemy radar. But will we even be aware of that before it's too late?

What a weird mindset to have.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,684
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

But:

They didn't shot down the drone, they hijacked the command link and applied GPS jamming to bring it to Iranian territory.

Both of those have their counters now. It isn't 2011 and we are not that cocky with our platforms, unlike the US.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
61 29,683
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

TAI UAV Systems Deputy General Manager Ömer Yıldız:

"ANKA-III is an approximately 7-ton aircraft, but its 150-kilogram version has been flying for a while. In the meantime, we will have 2 more aircraft, approximately 700-800 kilograms and over 1 ton."
Note that this is a 7-tonne UCAV.
Therefore, I hope that we can scale up when the national engine arrives in the future. The mini bomber should now be capable of replacing an F-4 2020 terminators.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
61 7,671
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Details of the first flight of the ANKA-3 Unmanned Combat Aircraft:

The first flight of ANKA-3, the third member of TAI's Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) family, lasted 1 hour and 10 minutes.

Reaching an altitude of 8 thousand feet, ANKA-3 reached a speed of 150 knots. On December 28, at 08:38 in the morning, ANKA-3 took off from the runway and performed the runway crossing test on this flight.

The flight of the ANKA-3 was accompanied by the HÜRKUŞ Basic Trainer Aircraft and the ANKA Unmanned Aerial Vehicle, developed by Turkish Aerospace Industries with indigenous capabilities.

ANKA-3, a new generation UAV system, will be able to perform many missions such as reconnaissance, surveillance and intelligence; attack with different air-ground munitions; prey scanning by engaging enemy helicopters, propeller aircraft and UAVs with air-air munitions; neutralizing enemy RF emitting radar and air defence systems; protection of friendly forces in the air and on the ground; signal and communication intelligence; electronic warfare; operation and communication relay with other friendly elements.

The ANKA-3 system will be able to carry 650 kg of ammunition in each of the two stations in the fuselage, 650 kg in each of the inner wing stations and 100 kg in each of the outer stations. This will enable the integration of a wide range of options, from the most commonly used ammunition in today's unmanned aerial vehicles to large ammunition such as SOM-J, MK-82 and Miniature Bombs (SDB).

DBdev

Committed member
Reactions
8 463
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
They didn't shot down the drone, they hijacked the command link and applied GPS jamming to bring it to Iranian territory.

Both of those have their counters now. It isn't 2011 and we are not that cocky with our platforms, unlike the US.
I know all that. Iran first located "stealthy" drone to do any of that. It wasn't good enough despite being a very top secret unannounced CIA drone...

zio

Reactions
4 456
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
What's the cruise speed of ANKA-3?

Since ANKA-3 stealth , could it be use as interceptor with BVR A2A missiles and AESA radar.
İmagine as if TN used ANKA-3 with A2A missiles. ANKA -3 is much more faster than Aksungur so when your ground radars suddenly detect UFO , you could rapidly send there.

Or ANKA-3 could cover over MPAC, Corvettes, Patrol Boats in the Aegean Sea.

Also imagine as if it had underwing AESA radar,EW pods etc. Kinda stealth EA/18growler

Kinda Hürkuş with BVR A2A missiles but stealth however ANKA-3 should be faster.(Hürkuş 550km/h- ANKA-3 : 700kmh )
Anka 3 is a pure stealth deep strike uav

Dennixtoue

Reactions
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Bulgaria
This is a great achievement for the Republic of Turkey and another important milestone. Keep up the great work. Congratulations Türkiye

Last edited:

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,684
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I know all that. Iran first located "stealthy" drone to do any of that. It wasn't good enough despite being a very top secret unannounced CIA drone...
Yes, they did it with HF/VHF/UHF radars. Which lacks the targeting resolution to down anything.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
86 10,844
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
A smooth take-off and landing. It's hard to believe it was really the first takeoff of this plane.

The difference in corporate philosophy between TAI and BAYKAR is evident in such details. At TAI, everything is perfect from the moment it first appears on the scene. But the first launch is always challenging.

On the Baykar side, on the other hand, there is an aggressive first start and an understanding that we will fix everything on the way. I'm not going to argue which is better, we need both, and I'm proud that we have both.

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,039
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It's a little late, but it's good. It can be tolerated because it is the first time, but assertive words should be avoided. There is no need to give a date. 👏🚀💪

In the future, we will be even happier if it is enlarged to carry the SOM-J and MK84 in its internal gun mount.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
61 29,683
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
A smooth take-off and landing. It's hard to believe it was really the first takeoff of this plane.
Actually, this is not his first flight. The 150 kg version was flying before. Today, we are reaping the rewards of the efforts spent on the scale version. So you don't need to be surprised that it flies so well.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,214
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

The difference in corporate philosophy between TAI and BAYKAR is evident in such details. At TAI, everything is perfect from the moment it first appears on the scene. But the first launch is always challenging.

On the Baykar side, on the other hand, there is an aggressive first start and an understanding that we will fix everything on the way. I'm not going to argue which is better, we need both, and I'm proud that we have both.
TAI comes from manned plane production tradition which values eventless introductions while Baykar comes from the tradition of the "fast fish" that should make everything at once. I find myself repeating the words somebody once said "if you are not failing you are not trying hard enough". As Turkish aviation industry is only at its early stages yet they want to avoid incidents that can tarnish their outlook but as they get past these early stages they will probably take more risk to get to results fast. In hind sight the world has experimented with thousands of aircraft designed in the history of aviation but we have only tried a couple of dozens yet. We will need to pick up in innovation speed in the future. Looking at SpaceX they keep failing until they are not, and it doesn't hurt.

Last edited:

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
86 10,844
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Did you notice the detail in the first sequence of the video? According to legends, when the phoenix senses that its death is imminent, it retreats to its nest and covers it with an unknown liquid. The sun would then burn this nest and burn the phoenix. After being burned by the sun, it would be reborn as a phoenix from the ashes. These legends are consistently similar in almost every part of the world and therefore in many religions and cultures the phoenix symbolizes rebirth or resurrection. The phoenix is a symbol of the development of the world, the development of time and the development of life.

uçuyorum

Contributor
Reactions
9 1,219
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
When landing it puts the front gear very quickly, unlike TB 3 that takes a long while and TB3 is supposed to land on Anadaolu. Interesting.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
61 29,683
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,039
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

It mentions an AI-322 engine. It may not be AI-322F, but this engine seems to be AI-322 class.

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom