Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,068
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Im really curious about the design of the Goksungur I wonder how it will look loke as there are many rumours about its shape.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,935
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
So thinking about the Karabakh war, would target drones like Simsek be sufficient to keep enemy air defence busy and to expose their positions, the way Azerbaijan did with their crop dusters?
Generally yes. AN-2s being used as bait was a risky endeavour because pilots had to get them right up near the enemy zone and then parachute out. With a cheap drone, you don't even need to endanger your pilots.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,068
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Generally yes. AN-2s being used as bait was a risky endeavour because pilots had to get them right up near the enemy zone and then parachute out. With a cheap drone, you don't even need to endanger your pilots.

A smart tactic that worked. Now we will have decoy drones that are coming out to bait air defences.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,185
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Aren't those planes unmanned?

Lupus

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
A smart tactic that worked. Now we will have decoy drones that are coming out to bait air defences.
And also those drones can be kamikaze drones so If they dont hit them in the air then they will have to face the consequences. This will add a lot of value.

comolokko

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
So thinking about the Karabakh war, would target drones like Simsek be sufficient to keep enemy air defence busy and to expose their positions, the way Azerbaijan did with their crop dusters?
detecting Simsek in the air would be very difficult for radars.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,935
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Aren't those planes unmanned?
I don't think so. Early on, there were reports that the AN-2s were modified for remote control but later reports said that they were manned, it's just that the pilots were jumping out just before the planes reached Armenian lines.

I could be wrong and they were altered bur those planes are pretty old and you'd have to do extensive modifications to achieve remote operation. Or as Kartal said, only some were changed to be unmanned.

Cenkcnk

Committed member
Reactions
1 362
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I believe USA used adm 141 tald decoys to reveal Iraqi air defence positions. This kind of decoys are very important imho

AWP

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,403
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Palestine
the whole point of suicide drones is AI drone that can identify the target and attacking using its own CATs and guidance system monitored by a user without the use of other guidance from another drone .

from what I see from Simsek it's just a MAM-T with engine or a cheap Kuzgun-tj . No CATs and no AI guidance unlike the IAI harop ( look at front )

1612457753_harop-5.jpg

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,336
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
the whole point of suicide drones is AI drone that can identify the target and attacking using its own CATs and guidance system monitored by a user without the use of other guidance from another drone .

from what I see from Simsek it's just a MAM-T with engine or a cheap Kuzgun-tj . No CATs and no AI guidance unlike the IAI harop ( look at front )

1612457753_harop-5.jpg

A CATS make it expensive. Do you now what a Harop cost? They are selling it for millions of dollar, other hand cheap Simsek drone nightmare for a airdefence system. What will you use?

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,441
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,963
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Does anyone here know what on earth happened to TAI TISU? I swear they had such a program. Perhaps they lost out to MIUS... but I'm not so sure. The designs are totally different.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom