Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,696
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Kargı is both Harpy and Harop at the same time. The front/nose section is semi-modular (not as modular as Kuzgun which will be literally plug-and-play). As I wrote in the past payload options include one of or a combination of passive RF seeker, EO system, and SATCOM. The deliveries are going on. The Kargı project has a similar level of secrecy compared to the Bora project so it won't be revealed until a meaningful amount of drones are in the inventory. Some things are revealed so it means we are close to that number.

BTW that picture is from early 2019

"29 January 2019"

Abdelaziz

Contributor
Reactions
1 821
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Lebanon
Kargı is both Harpy and Harop at the same time. The front/nose section is semi-modular (not as modular as Kuzgun which will be literally plug-and-play). As I wrote in the past payload options include one of or a combination of passive RF seeker, EO system, and SATCOM. The deliveries are going on. The Kargı project has a similar level of secrecy compared to the Bora project so it won't be revealed until a meaningful amount of drones are in the inventory. Some things are revealed so it means we are close to that number.

"29 January 2019"
Probably they changed the photo

Balamir

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Its a surface to surface missile. Sungur is more likely.
The pod seen in the image is the Cirit pod. Cirit was previously integrated into Karayel-SU. Karayel-SU was seen with the pod at IDEF 2019. The surface-to-air version of Sungur is currently in mass production, and the work on the air-to-air version may have just begun. The Cirit can also be launched from air to surface. It is used in the Atak helicopter.

Mis_TR_Like

Contributor
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
25 5,049
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus

"29 January 2019"
Fairly certain the image is new. You can see that they updated the article with the new name of Vestel Savunma, "Lentatek".

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
1605087266_karayel-tasarim.png

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,183
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I wouldn't mind if Baykar sold some shares to grow the company to make engines and other parts in an effort to make better products. Who buys the shares won't make a difference.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,732
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
I wouldn't mind if Baykar sold some shares to grow the company to make engines and other parts in an effort to make better products. Who buys the shares won't make a difference.
It bloody does make a difference
In the defence industry, you only sell shares of companies that are bankrupt to gather cash and rebuild such companies while ensuring that the home country still controls the company; i-e, more than 50% of the shares. However, if a company is successful, then selling the company's shares to a foreign entity is bloody crazy regardless of whether it is privately owned or government owned

M

Manomed

This guy never ceases to amaze me with his pro akp mind lmao 2 months ago he also said we should sell TCG anadolu

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,183
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It bloody does make a difference
In the defence industry, you only sell shares of companies that are bankrupt to gather cash and rebuild such companies while ensuring that the home country still controls the company; i-e, more than 50% of the shares. However, if a company is successful, then selling the company's shares to a foreign entity is bloody crazy regardless of whether it is privately owned or government owned
In what way will it make a difference, will you elaborate?

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,544
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Firstly we do not even know whether the "news" about UAE willing to buy Baykar shares is true, secondly we do not know whether Baykar is interested to sell.

In any case selling shares is mostly done when a company want's to expand, buying up other companies. If that is the case I would not mind also if Baykar sells for example 10 - 20% share and buy with that money for instance Ivchenko or Motor Sich.

I would even love it if one of our companies (be it TAI, Baykar or Alp aviation) partnered or bought the aircraft company Antonov (but that's a wild dream)

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom