Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Act like one how ?

What you are seeing is a method BaykarTech uses to make aircrafts, they fully encapsulate mouldings with carbon-fibre with the underpinnings aluminium/steel structure, wait for the mould to set then go back and cut out sections for access panels and necessary ports for spars to slot through. We've seen this method with TB2, Akinci and here with Kizilelma.

It's actually very clever method in which to make composite aircraft, less screws and panels involved - but a lot of accurate slicing involved.

This
View attachment 42076
Became this
View attachment 42078
I have to admit i guessed the same with Akinci model when i saw this pic for the first time which turned out to be a wrong assesment from my side but there are still more issues with the Kizilelma model which makes me believe that its more a display model rather than a working prototype.

As someone else noted before, the gaps between body and wings are just too wide, obviously no precision machining involved in there, second issue is the rear section where the engine is supposed to be, it still looks too thin, compare it to your picture of F-35, that part is obviously reinforced with metal, its not just plan composite sheet.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Next step for Kizilelma PT-1, just like Akinci PT-1 panels being cut out
1648984195883.png

1648984247760.png

1648984070723.png

1648984379479.png

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,977
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Act like one how ?

What you are seeing is a method BaykarTech uses to make aircrafts, they fully encapsulate mouldings with carbon-fibre with the underpinnings aluminium/steel structure, wait for the mould to set then go back and cut out sections for access panels and necessary ports for spars to slot through. We've seen this method with TB2, Akinci and here with Kizilelma.

It's actually very clever method in which to make composite aircraft, less screws and panels involved - but a lot of accurate slicing involved.

This PT-1
View attachment 42076
Became this
View attachment 42078

Selcuk Bayraktar even included Akinci PT-1 in his Kizilelma Twitter Post.
Wow. I never knew they were using this technique. It all makes more sense now. If that's the case, then yes "prototype" is the appropriate term.

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,977
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
I have to admit i guessed the same with Akinci model when i saw this pic for the first time which turned out to be a wrong assesment from my side but there are still more issues with the Kizilelma model which makes me believe that its more a display model rather than a working prototype.

As someone else noted before, the gaps between body and wings are just too wide, obviously no precision machining involved in there, second issue is the rear section where the engine is supposed to be, it still looks too thin, compare it to your picture of F-35, that part is obviously reinforced with metal, its not just plan composite sheet.
The canards and the general architecture of the aircraft look fine. The wings though, look clunky and disjointed. It also looks very different from the latest renders which were released by the company. They don't line up with the fuselage properly. Maybe their CFD analysis proved otherwise but this is my observation. Which leads me to believe that the real wings may not be ready yet. Or they simply didn't bother to slap them on the prototype. Gotta wait and see.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,214
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
So it starts as a mockup but evolves into a prototype making everyone happy.

Amardeep Mishra

Professional
Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
Hi everyone,

A quick question, what kind of munitions could be launched from Bayrakter? I mean those that have been either test trialed or certified. It would be nice if anyone from Turkey with accurate knowledge could answer in details. Thanks and regards.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,141
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Hi everyone,

A quick question, what kind of munitions could be launched from Bayrakter? I mean those that have been either test trialed or certified. It would be nice if anyone from Turkey with accurate knowledge could answer in details. Thanks and regards.

Wikipedia gives a good overview of munitions for each Bayraktar drone variant.

Fighter_35

Contributor
Reactions
1 739
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Hi everyone,

could you please be more specific ,which bayraktar uav you are asking for?

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
116 14,899
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Hi everyone,

TB2 or Akinci?

1648991185429.png

1648991407807.png
Armaments

• MAM: MAM-C and MAM-L precision-guided munitions.
  • L-UMTAS (Long Range Anti tank Missile System)
  • Roketsan Cirit (70 mm Missile System)
  • TUBITAK-SAGE BOZOK Laser Guided Rockets.
  • TUBITAK-SAGE TOGAN Air-to-surface launched 81 mm mortar munition.
  • TB3:TUBITAK-SAGE KUZGUN Modular joint ammunition KUZGUN-TjM Turkish: TjM :Turbojet Motorlu Turbojet engine variant with range of 245 kilometers and KUZGUN-SS Turkish: SS: Serbest Süzülen Free Soaring variant range of 110 kilometers variants in use

Last edited:

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,977
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
This is a great way to manufacture all composite bodies.
But a plane the size like MIUS which will fly at supersonic speeds and perform very fast turns.
Surely there must be substantial amount of metal carcass present there.
Any ideas?
Well Akinci is somewhat larger than Kizilelma... The only critical thing is the proposed supersonic nature of the aircraft like you pointed out.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
116 14,899
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Well Akinci is somewhat larger than Kizilelma... The only critical thing is the proposed supersonic nature of the aircraft like you pointed out.
Akinci is definitely bigger but flies at a quarter of the speed of MIUS. MIUS is slightly heavier too.
MIUS is going to be a very agile and fast plane. Remember most jet fighters do most of their flights and manoeuvres at high subsonic speeds. To withstand physical stresses the body of MIUS should contain a very robust and substantial amount of metal.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,214
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is a great way to manufacture all composite bodies.
But a plane the size like MIUS which will fly at supersonic speeds and perform very fast turns.
Surely there must be substantial amount of metal carcass present there.
Any ideas?
Aluminum, titanium, carbon composite, steel and magnesium are widely used in aviation structural parts. There are occasions where these materials may have similar performance and be used interchangeably. It will largely depend on what kind of agility will be expected from the plane. I think they should mostly use aluminum alloy in prototypes to avoid early mishaps but switch to less strong but lighter weight options once the plane's functionality is verified and qualifications are made. It should be like a revision or iteration of the design process. Like make-2 or make-3 should be the production ready prototype.

Last edited:

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,740
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Guys the development process is the same as the Akıncı development process. It is not a mock-up. It will probably be used for ground tests. Probably static load tests will be done on that prototype.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom