uçuyorum

Contributor
Reactions
9 1,190
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't believe it either, despite all the honor and respect that our country has made out of nothing. Nevertheless, we should remain realistic. The Anka 3 drone will be inferior to the American and Chinese stealth drones in all respects.
Of the top 5 in the world, we are currently no. 4 or 5, even the British would be further ahead than us if they were to develop a stealth drone tomorrow.
We are slightly above Israel and Russia, who started too late with this type of weapon.

US stealth drone
View attachment 64724

Chinese stealth drone
View attachment 64725

The extremely clean workmanship alone on both drones and the fact that the engine sits very low in the fairing is in a completely different league.

Our Anka 3 drone looks more like it was designed by an intern.
Current Anka 3 is an early prototype, it is not the final design.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,164
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't believe it either, despite all the honor and respect that our country has made out of nothing. Nevertheless, we should remain realistic. The Anka 3 drone will be inferior to the American and Chinese stealth drones in all respects.
Of the top 5 in the world, we are currently no. 4 or 5, even the British would be further ahead than us if they were to develop a stealth drone tomorrow.
We are slightly above Israel and Russia, who started too late with this type of weapon.

US stealth drone
View attachment 64724

Chinese stealth drone
View attachment 64725

The extremely clean workmanship alone on both drones and the fact that the engine sits very low in the fairing is in a completely different league.

You design a plane around an engine, when the custom made TF6000 starts flying the looks of our drones will be different and it is only a couple of years away.

IC3M@N FX

Reactions
4 232
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Current Anka 3 is an early prototype, it is not the final design.
So is the Chinese and even the US stealth drone Grumman X47B is not beyond the test phase, they are simply much more technologically advanced than we are.
This is nothing to be ashamed of - both countries are much further ahead than we are in stealth technology.

Last edited:

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,164
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
So is the Chinese and even the US stealth drone Grumman X47B is not beyond the test phase, they are simply much more technologically advanced than we are.
We don't know much about the drones in question do we, so how can we even compare them.

uçuyorum

Contributor
Reactions
9 1,190
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is nothing to be ashamed of - both countries are much further ahead than we are in stealth technology.
But more specifically from 14:40

You know its the company that built these right

Attachments

• F-35-Orta-Gövde.jpg
    F-35-Orta-Gövde.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 46

IC3M@N FX

Reactions
4 232
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
We don't know much about the drones in question do we, so how can we even compare them.
You can assume that these two drones will have more to offer than Anka 3 itself in its final design.
The US has been developing stealth technology for 40 years even their first stealth bomber F-117 Nighthawk is a program from the 70's project HAVE BLUE.
The Chinese have been spying for 30 years, it is no secret that they have deep insights into the US stealth program from Lockheed Martin Skunk Works.
They even have the complete blueprints of the F-35 including its engine, even the US confirms this unofficially.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,164
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
You can assume that these two drones will have more to offer than Anka 3 itself in its final design.
The US has been developing stealth technology for 40 years even their first stealth bomber F-117 Nighthawk is a program from the 70's project HAVE BLUE.
The Chinese have been spying for 30 years, it is no secret that they have deep insights into the US stealth program from Lockheed Martin Skunk Works.
They even have the complete blueprints of the F-35 including its engine, even the US confirms this unofficially.
Even a novice intern will know what it takes to be highly stealth so the state of things is only governed by the materials you have access to. I would say this picture will change dramatically when we have new engines. I would say a twin engine Anka4 will be a plane beyond tactical.

IC3M@N FX

Reactions
4 232
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Once again, this is not about downplaying the achievements of our own country.
Turkey has achieved a great deal in a very short space of time; in principle, we have bridged 10-20 years of development.
But if there is one thing that characterizes the Chinese, it is that they are not stupid.
They develop very quickly and come up with their own innovations. Even the Americans confirm from their own findings that the Chinese, with the Chengdu J-20 and the Shenyang FC-31, really have something that plays in the top league and cannot be compared with the Russian Stealth Fighters, which are more or less underdeveloped duds in comparison.

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,538
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Are you aware you are comparing our drones against countries that are World power nr. 1 and 2?

Something impossible just 10 years ago

Mis_TR_Like

Contributor
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
25 5,016
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus

US stealth drone
View attachment 64724

Chinese stealth drone
View attachment 64725

Exhaust nozzle (maybe also intake) design of Anka 3 and KAAN will change once fitted with domestic engines.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,838
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

US stealth drone
View attachment 64724

Chinese stealth drone
View attachment 64725

We dont need their nukes.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,838
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Not to mention Sentinel drone, whiched were hacked by Iran.

Last edited:

Ripley

Contributor
USA Correspondent
Reactions
12 1,512
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
I wonder what makes a plane nuclear capable, is there a reliabiliy rating or what.
Yeah. I mean, B61 is a tactical free fall nuclear bomb.
I found out that its dimensions are as follows

Mass
715 pounds (324 kg)
Length141.6 inches (3.60 m)
Diameter13.3 inches (34 cm)

Can’t see anything extraordinary other than the fact that it’s a small yield tactical nuclear bomb.
What else would you really need to ‘drop’ a free fall 324kg bomb over a target at a certain altitude?
Some trajectory computation software on board the plane help it hit the area with a larger accuracy, perhaps?

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,515
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Mass
715 pounds (324 kg)

Can’t see anything extraordinary other than the fact that it’s a small yield tactical nuclear bomb.
What else would you really need to ‘drop’ a free fall 324kg bomb over a target at a certain altitude?
Some trajectory computation software on board the plane help it hit the area with a larger accuracy, perhaps?
There are some hardware that need to be installed, like the systems to speak with the PAL(Permissive action link) that is on the bomb, which lets you arm and disarm the warhead, is only operated with a crypto key that comes from outside as far as i remember. Pilot only carries the bomb and releases it after given the key to arm the warhead. Human involvement is built onto the thing from the start. That's why I doubt drones will be used to carry nukes anytime soon. I'm not sure if the two man rule nuclear nations use on the use of nuclear weapons is applicable to single person jets like F-16 tho. Maybe base commander and the pilot.

Last edited:

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,164
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Mass
715 pounds (324 kg)

Our drop bombs can hit even moving targets.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,164
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
That is just one experimental build. We don't know about the Chinese one and about the final configuration of Anka3 with domestics engine. Apart from air-frame specs the onboard systems load is critically important. Sensors , comms, self defense, stealth level, maneuver efficiency all go into their state of advancement quality. Anka3 is expected to come with a modern engine in a couple years, how will others hold compared to it.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,702
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Head-to-head comparisons with the world's aviation giants are, of course, meaningless. Let's also skip the speculation of an anonymous twitter account shared on the back page.

But the thing is, when we look at the ANKA-3, what we see is TAI's past 10 years, not the next 10 years. Years of accumulation, ideas, concepts, what-ifs have come together to create a proof-of-concept. But what about the results that the Anka-3 will produce directly as a result of the accumulated knowledge created by this concept?

Every time I see the Anka-3, the only thing that comes to my mind is that we are one step closer to the technology development concepts of the other aviation giants you have shared above, and maybe even that the difference in terms of achieving mass production success is much, much less than we thought.

While the geographical characteristics of the force's theatre, technical infrastructure, dozens of military and non-military issues, and the set of doctrines influenced by these issues are the main determining factors here, the main common denominator is the ability of a true stealth aircraft to deliver high-destructive munitions to the engagement range, including the ability to operate fully autonomously in enemy territory without communicating with the home base. This is the purpose of the ANKA-X (3-4-5) program. To create a true stealth platform with a largely suppressed chemical and thermal footprint, very difficult to detect in terms of RCS and undetectable communication. Anka-3 is a pioneering project and a challenging process in this respect. There are many technologies developed from scratch. But from here on, it will be largely about scaling up.

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom