Reactions
21 12,414
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
**Garry said:
Again false statements.

The M1 Abrams there are stored, if needed be, they'll be restored at the LIMA army tank plant.**

Where is false satatement?

Watch.

The Sierra army depot wasn't just renovating or maintaining it. He used to separate the worn out vehicles and old model vehicles from use, disassemble their components, maintain them if necessary, and make spare parts.
I like it when you just pick up one of its stated capabilities and come up with numbers like "99% are used for spare parts" even though nothing from that video affirm that. Not to mention the video itself stated that " reuse of equipment no longer in production " . The Abrams doesn't have that problem. Newly built M1A2/A2T/A2K/A2C for export costumers in the Middle East, Taiwan and Australia ensures that the subsystems are still in production.

But hey, I have no problem if you keep your head stuck in the sand.

blackjack

Contributor
Russia Correspondent
Reactions
7 699
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Russia
https://rg.ru/2023/01/20/reg-ufo/v-...rskoe-podrazdelenie-s-vintovkami-lobaeva.html

In Crimea, a counter-sniper unit with Lobaev rifles is being formed, by Oleg Koryakin for Rossiskaya Gazeta. 01.21.2023

A counter-sniper unit is being created in Crimea, which will work in the NMD on the basis of the "fire brigade" principle. This was reported on the air of the TV channel "Crimea 24".

A unit is being formed on the basis of the 165 training center on the initiative of the head of the region Vasily Aksenov and with the participation of the famous gunsmith Vladislav Lobaev.

“This will allow combatant units that for some reason did not take care of acquiring high-precision modern sniper weapons or were unable to organize training, or did not have time, to receive such counter-sniper services, so to speak,” Vladislav Lobaev explained. “The unit will carry out tasks in the hottest sectors of the front, where the activity of enemy snipers is very high."

He specified that the unit will be armed with the full range of sniper rifles that his company manufactures.

Recall that Lobaev's ultra-long-range and high-precision rifles are extremely in demand in the NVO zone. They allow you to deal great damage to the enemy.

The most productive sniper with the call sign "Yaryy", who destroyed more than 100 fighters of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, uses the SVLK-14S "Dusk" rifle.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
How embarrassing is it that Admiral Kuznetsov, Russia's failed attempt at an aircraft carrier, is stuck at a pier, yet again, undergoing maintenance? In typical Soviet fashion, that thing is a complete piece of garbage. The only time in it's sad existence that it's ever been involved in combat operations, fewer than 100 sorties were flown off it's flight deck, before its entire airwing had to be based in Syria because the ship was broken. It's a floating dump. It's not uncommon for sailors onboard to have fewer than 10 minutes of clean water to use each day.

Given the realities of the Kuznetsov, the surviving Russian sailors were probably extremely excited to get off of the doomed Moskva. I know that 25% of Russians still live like cave people and go to the bathroom outside, for a lack of indoor plumbing, but their Navy ships are pathetic. Remember when 118 of their their sailors drowned on The Kursk because of the sad state of Russian naval repairs. Incompetence? Corruption? Both?

Liaoning is in better state and much more fit, China is a better shipbuilder and have much more potent Navy compared to the Russian.

Relic

Contributor
Canada Correspondent
Reactions
11 2,399
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Canada
They already planned this for a long time, that's why US send Ukraine JDAM few months ago.
The USA also admitted to allocating $100 Million to the training of Ukrainians pilots. They kept the timeline, airframe and other details purposely vague, but let's be honest here, it's already in the works. Here's the thing, if we know it's happening in some capacity, so does the Kremlin. But there isn't a damn thing that Russia can do to stop the United States from training whoever they want, on whatever they want.

The bigger issue is going to be getting F-16s to Ukraine and protecting them from Russian missile strikes. One of the strengths of the Soviet made aircraft that the Ukrainians fly is that they are rugged and capable of launching and recovering from austere locations (such as highways and rural air strips). That's how Ukraine is keeping their remaining fleet relatively safe. They're not just launching them out of their obvious Air Force facilities that Russia is monitoring closely... The F-16 is a much more sophisticated, less rugged / robust aircraft. It's more of a finesse machine, and although extremely capable, it was designed to be launched from and recover to established, proper facilities. Until Ukraine's air defense systems are robust enough that they can start routinely using some of their civilian and military airfields in Western and Southern Ukraine as launch points for fighter aircraft, flying the F-16 in any significant numbers will be tough. Ukraine will need layers of Patriot PAC 2 and 3, NASAMs, Iris-T and S300 to create an "Iron Dome" type affect, before they'll be able to accept more than a few F-16s into service. 50 of them with modern American weapons, targeting systems, RADAR, etc, could make a substantial difference in support of their ground forces, especially if they can keep the air defense threat vs would be Russian interceptors high.

Relic

Contributor
Canada Correspondent
Reactions
11 2,399
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Canada
The ongoing battle for Bakhmut is still the most intense fighting along the frontline where now also spotted new Ukrainian squads on HMMWVs equipped with Raytheon’s BGM-71 TOW missiles. The US-made anti-tank guides missile system is mounted atop a Humvee. The launcher consists of a launch tube, traversing unit, missile guidance set (MGS), night sight, battery assembly, optical sight, tripod, overpack, shroud, and carrying strap. The all-up round missile is encased in a disposable launch container. The TOW can be operated from the ground, vehicles, or helicopters. It is mounted on the Improved TOW Vehicle (ITV), the Bradley Fighting Vehicle (BFV), the High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle (HMMWV), and the COBRA helicopter. A total of 46 allied nations use the TOW, and it is co-produced in Switzerland.
Mobility really is the key to tank hunting and the HMMWV with a TOW system is one of the cheapest, most effective ways to quickly engage an harass tanks. The maximum effective range of the TOW missile is 4500m, the same maximum claimed range as a T-72 tank. The key is that a TOW missile, by nature of the targeting system, is going to be much more accurate at long range than a T-72's turret is.

The USA has roughly 125,000 HMMVs (seriously). They're currently in the process of replacing the majority of them. They've sent 1700 of them to Ukraine thus far, as high mobility vehicles. They really come in 3 variants. The most common variant features a ,50 machine gun mounted on the vehicle, fired by a gunner. In a similar fashion, the .50 Cal can be replaced with an automatic grenade launcher, which is also controlled by a gunner. The least common and most expensive variant features the TOW missiles launcher mounted on the roof, again fired by a gunner. We don't know how many of each variant the USA has sent to Ukraine, but based on the amount of TOW missiles they had announced prior to the 1090 that been announced specifically for the Bradley IFVs, I suspect that Ukraine has at least 100 HMMWVs with TOW capacity, making for nice groups of high mobility "tank hunters".

blackjack

Contributor
Russia Correspondent
Reactions
7 699
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Russia
The USA also admitted to allocating $100 Million to the training of Ukrainians pilots. They kept the timeline, airframe and other details purposely vague, but let's be honest here, it's already in the works. Here's the thing, if we know it's happening in some capacity, so does the Kremlin. But there isn't a damn thing that Russia can do to stop the United States from training whoever they want, on whatever they want.

The bigger issue is going to be getting F-16s to Ukraine and protecting them from Russian missile strikes. One of the strengths of the Soviet made aircraft that the Ukrainians fly is that they are rugged and capable of launching and recovering from austere locations (such as highways and rural air strips). That's how Ukraine is keeping their remaining fleet relatively safe. They're not just launching them out of their obvious Air Force facilities that Russia is monitoring closely... The F-16 is a much more sophisticated, less rugged / robust aircraft. It's more of a finesse machine, and although extremely capable, it was designed to be launched from and recover to established, proper facilities. Until Ukraine's air defense systems are robust enough that they can start routinely using some of their civilian and military airfields in Western and Southern Ukraine as launch points for fighter aircraft, flying the F-16 in any significant numbers will be tough. Ukraine will need layers of Patriot PAC 2 and 3, NASAMs, Iris-T and S300 to create an "Iron Dome" type affect, before they'll be able to accept more than a few F-16s into service. 50 of them with modern American weapons, targeting systems, RADAR, etc, could make a substantial difference in support of their ground forces, especially if they can keep the air defense threat vs would be Russian interceptors high.
Based on the weapons package I have seen there are no other assets that could help ukraine protect their armoured vehicles thus not protect their infantry and they are going around looking for bodies that look like they dont want to get volunteered in this war. Russia doesnt really have to do a damn thing and just let their convicts continue working the battlefield like they always had in this war. Just difference is the US and Germany fighting over the risk of telegram channels showing their destroyed equipment therefore argueing about sending their tanks.

F-16s depending on which are sent would help but Su-35s have gotten new avionics and began applying RAM and stealth material like using the same cockpit glass of the Su-57. PAC-3 is showing me 70kms I mean how many PAC-3 SAM ammunitions are being provided, would they want to spend 4.1 million dollars for one 300mm rocket being fired at them? NASAMs, Iris-T and S300 were used before and shahads and cruise missiles still struck their locations atleast NASAMs cost 1.2 million dollars but against 30k dollar drones is not much of a great idea. How many weapon package deals are we on right now? I am genuinely still amazed that users here still feel excited about the weapon package deals like after this shit gets destroyed and another weapon package deal comes up everyone will still be excited here(not trying to be funny).

Relic

Contributor
Canada Correspondent
Reactions
11 2,399
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Canada
We don't recognize them enough but man has Estonia pulled their weight in the effort to supply Ukraine with weapons. Good for them!

Reports indicate that they just donated another 10 FH 70, 155mm howitzers, 10 D30, 122mm howitzers, hundreds of RPGs, an unspecified number of Carl Gustav ATGMs (with ammunition), as well as a bunch of small arms ammunition.

The total package was $112 million. That's a lot of money for a country with a $37 Billion USD GDP.

Relic

Contributor
Canada Correspondent
Reactions
11 2,399
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Canada
Based on the weapons package I have seen there are no other assets that could help ukraine protect their armoured vehicles thus not protect their infantry and they are going around looking for bodies that look like they dont want to get volunteered in this war. Russia doesnt really have to do a damn thing and just let their convicts continue working the battlefield like they always had in this war. Just difference is the US and Germany fighting over the risk of telegram channels showing their destroyed equipment therefore argueing about sending their tanks.

F-16s depending on which are sent would help but Su-35s have gotten new avionics and began applying RAM and stealth material like using the same cockpit glass of the Su-57. PAC-3 is showing me 70kms I mean how many PAC-3 SAM ammunitions are being provided, would they want to spend 4.1 million dollars for one 300mm rocket being fired at them? NASAMs, Iris-T and S300 were used before and shahads and cruise missiles still struck their locations atleast NASAMs cost 1.2 million dollars but against 30k dollar drones is not much of a great idea. How many weapon package deals are we on right now? I am genuinely still amazed that users here still feel excited about the weapon package deals like after this shit gets destroyed and another weapon package deal comes up everyone will still be excited here(not trying to be funny).
Much of the stuff you're talking about hasn't even made it into the country yet lol. Just because a system has been announced, it doesn't mean it's actively being fielded. Ukraine has 2-3 of the now 9 promised NASAMS batteries. The rest had to be produced and the Ukrainians had to be trained how to use them. The same with Iris-T. They've been promised 5-7 of them now, but there are maybe 2 currently in Ukraine right now. 3 Patriot batteries have been promised, but the Ukrainians are at Fort Sill in Oklahoma, as we speak, learning how to operate them. They're not in the theatre yet. Ukrainian air defense isn't half as robust as it's going to be as these systems come on line in layers. It's complete disingenuous for you to suggest they've been ineffective, when they're not even in Ukraine yet for the most part, rather, Ukrainians are training on them in Europe and in the U.S.

As for F-35s, Russia is not going to send them into the middle of Ukraine in an attempt to hunt F-16s, at the risk of Ukrainian air defense detecting them and shooting them down. Russia doesn't have near enough of them to risk losing them to anything other than the direct defense of Russia. Ukraine will not be sending F-16s into Russia. They'll be using them to fly many of the same missions they're flying today with Soviet aircraft, except with more capable planes and weapons.

blackjack

Contributor
Russia Correspondent
Reactions
7 699
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Russia
Much of the stuff you're talking about hasn't even made it into the country yet lol. Just because a system has been announced, it doesn't mean it's actively being fielded. Ukraine has 2-3 of the now 9 promised NASAMS batteries. The rest had to be produced and the Ukrainians had to be trained how to use them. The same with Iris-T. They've been promised 5-7 of them now, but there are maybe 2 currently in Ukraine right now. 3 Patriot batteries have been promised, but the Ukrainians are at Fort Sill in Oklahoma, as we speak, learning how to operate them. They're not in the theatre yet. Ukrainian air defense isn't half as robust as it's going to be as these systems come on line in layers. It's complete disingenuous for you to suggest they've been ineffective, when they're not even in Ukraine yet for the most part, rather, Ukrainians are training on them in Europe and in the U.S.

As for F-35s, Russia is not going to send them into the middle of Ukraine in an attempt to hunt F-16s, at the risk of Ukrainian air defense detecting them and shooting them down. Russia doesn't have near enough of them to risk losing them to anything other than the direct defense of Russia. Ukraine will not be sending F-16s into Russia. They'll be using them to fly many of the same missions they're flying today with Soviet aircraft, except with more capable planes and weapons.
I mean what can be used to protect their tanks as in is there anything in their weapons package that is not armored vehicles like helicopters, using mobile air defenses for their army that go along with them? (because I still see them getting bombed by russian aviation) or do we have to wait for another weapons package? Getting the latest western tanks of course is better than soviet tanks but if they start an offensive operation with just this than they will get destroyed the same because they will not have other assets in that weapons package that will help them unless there were previous weapon packages that did have these assets to protect their new tanks but not used yet

To be fair I have never seen Russians doing SEAD operations against NATO air defenses so i cant comment on that(as in SEAD operations targeting them). I mean I can argue that Russia has air to ground missiles with longer ranges than the air defenses supplied in Ukraine but that does not mean shit because S-200s did shoot down Israeli F-16I which have EW capabilities and there were air defenses worser than S-200s that have shot down NATO military aircrafts a considerable amount of times despite air to ground missiles that had like 4 times the range of the SAM missiles being used. I think 110 Su-35s for now is a considerable amount. So far there is no desperation yet to send THAAD-ER, M1a2SepV4s, or F-35s to Ukraine for a weapons package since I don't know how badly the US wants to win this proxy war.

bisbis

Contributor
Reactions
2 718
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan

**US terrorist General Milley(pkk/Ypg supporter): It will be very difficult to get Russia out of Ukraine

The American commander said pushing Moscow back from Ukrainian territory was "very, very difficult". Milley put forward the thesis of 'defense on the front' for Ukraine.**

means; The poor will die, America will prosper.

Last edited:

bisbis

Contributor
Reactions
2 718
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
I will wait to see M1 Mbt tanks like this again in ukraine and greece.

images (13).jpeg
images (14).jpeg
images (14).jpeg
images (12).jpeg
images (11).jpeg
IrakKriegM1A1USA.jpg
The Americans brought these tanks to Alexandroupoli in Greece against my country. May they end up in hell.

I think, usa can give this M1 mbt to pkk/ypg terrorist organization on syria, aganist to Türkiye.

Last edited:

Dmr

Reactions
1 334
Nation of residence
Macedonia
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
The Americans brought these tanks to Alexandroupoli in Greece against my country. May they end up in hell.
What do you mean "against your country"?Those tanks are just transiting through Greece and will end up being deployed in eastern Europe.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,441
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
What do you mean "against your country"?Those tanks are just transiting through Greece and will end up being deployed in eastern Europe.
It would be absurd if tanks destined for Eastern Europe or Romania would be stationed in permanent military bases in Greece. This is an argument that can only be valid if Greece is used for transit purposes. But no they are permanently stationed there. This means that the US military intimidated Turkey.

Soldier30

Contributor
Reactions
8 685
Nation of residence
Russia
Nation of origin
Russia
Breakdowns of military equipment are not uncommon, even on a normal march, up to 10% of military equipment can break down and this is a problem for all the armies of the world. Published footage of the repair of Russian military equipment in Ukraine. In order to maintain the high combat readiness of the subunits, first of all, the weapons that are necessary for the performance of a combat mission or can be repaired in the shortest possible time are repaired.

An episode of the combat operation of the Russian T-80 tank near Bakhmut. The tank quickly changes positions as it can be hit by Ukrainian artillery in return. The video shows the destruction of a strong point and work through a thermal imager on the infantry of the Ukrainian army.

Two Polish-made 155-mm self-propelled guns Krab received by the Ukrainian army came under attack by Russian Lancet kamikaze drones. In the first drone strike, the self-propelled guns received minor damage and were abandoned by the crew. When a drone attacked another Krab self-propelled guns, it happened on the move, a fire started in the self-propelled guns and the ammunition exploded. One of the crew members did not have time to leave the car.

In the battles in Ukraine, the skills of the World of Tanks game were used. Despite the fact that computer games are scolded, the experience gained in the game World of Tanks helped Russian tankers in the battles in Ukraine.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,855
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
It would be absurd if tanks destined for Eastern Europe or Romania would be stationed in permanent military bases in Greece. This is an argument that can only be valid if Greece is used for transit purposes. But no they are permanently stationed there. This means that the US military intimidated Turkey.
Turkiye won't meet them if Turkiye do not invade Greece mainland.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom