Contributor
Canada Correspondent
Reactions
11 2,375
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Canada
Looking across the countries that are supplying weaponry to Ukraine, I suspect we'll see a good deal of the following be committed to the war effort over the next coming months.

- 44x Additional Leopard 2 MBTs: On top of the initial 88, which is two battalions worth. I think additional 44 will come mostly from a combination of Germany, Spain and Poland, with the likes of Sweden, Finland and Canada chipping in a few more each, beyond their initial commitment. Ultimately, I think 3 battalions of Leopard 2's will end up in Ukraine by late spring / early summer.

- 50x Additional CV90 IFVs: Sweden has already committed to sending 50 of them, but now I look to the other European countries that own them to match the Swedish donation, as Ukraine looks to outfit another armored battalion. Denmark, Finland, Norway, Netherlands and Estonia all own them and can afford to lose a few each. Maybe Sweden has to donate a further 10 or to round the number up to 50.

- 40x Additional Marder IFVs: Germany has already committed 40, but they have hundreds more and many of them are being replaced by the Puma IFV in the coming years. Germany can certainly spare another batch of 40, in lockstep with an additional 50 CV90s from Northern / Eastern Europe.

- 50x Warrior IFVs: Like the Germans, Britain is in the process of replacing their IFVs. They're receiving hundreds of Boxer IFVs in coming years and are producing their own Ajax domestically as well. The British army could spare 50 Warriors to make up the better half of a 90 IFV battalion worth of armor.

- 40x LAV III IFVs: Canada is upgrading hundreds of their current LAV III's to LAV 6.0 standard, but doesn't intend to upgrade all of them. The Canadian Army could easily purchase 40x new, domestically made LAV 6.0's to replace 40 LAV IIIs sent to Ukraine. The LAV IIIs can pair with the Warriors to form a 90 unit IFV component of an armored battalion.

- 50x VAB APCs: The French have thousands of these multi-role APCs they've already sent an unknown number of their APC variant to Ukraine. France is currently in the process of replacing their VABs in some capacity by VBMR and VBCI IFVs and APCs. In particular, the 120mm mortar variant and anti-armor variant of the VAB would be very useful in Ukrainian armored battalions.

- 40x AMX-10RC: 40 have already been committed and France has a couple hundred more, which are being replaced by their new EBRC Jaguar. While pressure will mount on France to send 14-28 Leclerc MBTs from their stockpile, I suspect that adding another MBT to Ukraine's arsenal will only complicate logistics even more. Given that they've already committed to sending AMX-10RCs, I suspect that they'll simply double down on that commitment.

- 100x Bradley M2s: USA has already committed 109 of them, but they're nowhere close to being done. They have over 6000 Bradleys in their inventory and their M2s are in the process of being replaced. They've already placed an order for 700 of the M4 variant. I expect another 100 Bradleys to be committed to the war effort in the near future.

- 90x Stryker APCs: Like the Bradley's the USA has already committed a number of them, 90 to be exact). That will outfit approximately 2 battalions with them. I expect another 90 or so to be sent, in order to outfit two more battalions with them. The USA have more than 4500 in their current inventory.

- 18x M109A6 Howitzers: The USA announced a package in January with 18 Paladins in it. That's an entire artillery component of an armored battalion. I suspect that we will see a further 18 Paladins in a future package, which will provide Ukraine with the guns needed for a further mechanized battalion. USA has plenty of them and are in the process of phasing in a newer, better model anyways.

-200'ishx T-72 MBTs: These are going to come from a variety of places. Morocco is going to send pretty much their entire inventory of working T-72s (approximately 150 of them), in exchange for further access to the Western arms industry and some backfilled M1A1 Abrams' from the USA. Poland recently announced a further 30 T-72s and 30 PT-91 Twardy (upgraded T-72) to be sent alongside Leopards. Meanwhile, the Czech Republic continues to modernize and repair T-72s (paid for by USA and Netherlands) and they'll continue to be sent to Ukraine on a consistent basis, as they're repaired.

- 80x T-80 MBTs : Cyprus has made it very clear that they would be happy to send Ukraine all 80 of their T-80 MBTs, in exchange for Western equipment. I do think that it will eventually happen as the West looks to continually source Soviet / Russian made MBTs that the existing units in Ukraine know how to use. Ukraine can't afford to pull its most experienced units out of combat right now to train them on the use of new tanks and IFVs. The new equipment will go to the freshly formulated battalions, while the legacy stuff resupplies to current fighting units. Eventually, a Western partner will step up to facilitate this exchange for Ukraine.

Relic

Contributor
Canada Correspondent
Reactions
11 2,375
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Canada
Russians being slaughtered by the dozens in their daytime attempts to assault Vuhledar, into the teeth of drone supported, Ukrainian artillery.

Per usual, nobody in Russia gives a shit about these people and how frequently they're wasted. Some of their families will receiver some flowers, others a shitty new Lada... Either will be more appreciated than having their miserable sons, husbands, fathers and brothers returned home.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/10mh6id
It's also being reported that Russia has a series of their mobile crematoriums working at the front again, disposing of the evidence of how many thousands of soldiers they're losing during this current offensives. If there is no evidence of their death, the Putin regime doesn't have to pay the families of fallen soldiers. They'll just be listed as "missing" and "not verified to be killed" for eternity.

Jesus, Russia is a complete shithole.

blackjack

Contributor
Russia Correspondent
Reactions
7 693
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Russia

1674846883474.png

1674846995742.png