Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,456
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
TOP 5 TYPES OF WEAPON THAT HAS THE MOST EFFECT ON BATTLEFIELD FOR THE UKRAINIAN SIDE.

1. First and foremost, it is the Ukrainian artillery, all kind of howitzers as well as variety of short range type C rocket artilleries. There is no debate about this one.
View attachment 53658 View attachment 53659 View attachment 53660 View attachment 53661

2. Thousands of ATGW supplied by the west including Javelin, NLAW as well as indigenous Stuhna-P, which destroyed several thousands Russian tanks and vehicles and stop the heavy armored penetration deep into Ukrainian territory.
View attachment 53662 View attachment 53663

3. Ukrainian short and medium range air defense systems which did a tremendous job of shooting down dozens of Russian aircrafts and intercepting hundreds of Russian missiles, Thus giving the Ukrainian force as much as it could, a chance to survive and fight back instead of being completely annihilated by Russian bombing and missile strikes.
View attachment 53664 View attachment 53665

4. Ukrainian heavy Armor which took the initial shock of the invasion and later led the offensive for liberation of the occupied territory.

View attachment 53666 View attachment 53667

5. the infamous HIMARS, long range precision strike rocket artillery which literally hammered the Russian logistics and took out the operational nerve centers behind enemy line. Thus setting condition for later offensive.
View attachment 53668 View attachment 53669
@Gary @Jacop @Relic and others. What do you guys think?

I think drones are the less sexy but most impactful piece of hardware. Even more impactful than the artillery donations of the West. Cheap and plentiful drones like this helps Ukraine identify, locate and track targets. Commander no longer have to guess where the enemy is hiding and the clarity of modern camera and sensors are just superb.

20211223_125200-1024x768.jpg

Wars are increasingly a real life version of RTS games​
Sudden-Strike-4-Review-03-Killing-Fields.jpg
Pic : Ukraine command center in Bakhmut​
022a0000-0aff-0242-9ecd-08dae92c3057_cx0_cy7_cw0_w1200_r1.jpg
Fna7m0WWIA4-HVO
FjcgYRuXgAAXlPN.png
No wonder they buy this in bulk now.​

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
65 7,492
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
I think drones are the less sexy but most impactful piece of hardware. Even more impactful than the artillery donations of the West. Cheap and plentiful drones like this helps Ukraine identify, locate and track targets. Commander no longer have to guess where the enemy is hiding and the clarity of modern camera and sensors are just superb.

20211223_125200-1024x768.jpg

Wars are increasingly a real life version of RTS games​
Sudden-Strike-4-Review-03-Killing-Fields.jpg
Pic : Ukraine command center in Bakhmut​
022a0000-0aff-0242-9ecd-08dae92c3057_cx0_cy7_cw0_w1200_r1.jpg
Fna7m0WWIA4-HVO
FjcgYRuXgAAXlPN.png
No wonder they buy this in bulk now.​
Yes. i could have put the drone with artillery as part of combination.

But i was listing stand alone types of weapon which delivered the direct lethal effects/fires.

blackjack

Contributor
Russia Correspondent
Reactions
7 704
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Russia
I am assuming that Russians are saving these kinds of weapons in a conflict with NATO.

1675624703673.png

1675624812631.png

Hopefully I dont have to elaborate why this is a nightmare weapon being combined using the data off helicopters that can identify tanks 100kms away on radar. The Klevok-D2 will be bigger nightmare if Russia develops new helicopter radars using photonic integrated circuits where production would start in 2024 to guide those missiles.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,456
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Yes. i could have put the drone with artillery as part of combination.

But i was listing stand alone types of weapon which delivered the direct lethal effects/fires.

Yup, without drones overhead Ukraine's HIMARS won't be as effective. Russian artillery being more primitive also helps Ukraine achieve a shorter sensor to shooter kill chain. In a PzH2000 or HIMARS you got the coordinate, enter the coordinate to the digital fire computer and fire. Not quite sure with Russians but this looks primitive

+ it helps a lot that Ukraine L52 guns outrange and out accurate the Russians, so we will have to wait how this combination of sophisticated Western MBT + artillery and more drones perform next summer once Ukraine launch the awaited summer offensive.

blackjack

Contributor
Russia Correspondent
Reactions
7 704
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Russia
+ it helps a lot that Ukraine L52 guns outrange and out accurate the Russians, so we will have to wait how this combination of sophisticated Western MBT + artillery and more drones perform next summer once Ukraine launch the awaited summer offensive.
M777s outrange most of the soviet artillery used but that did not stop shorter range krasnopol shells from targetting them, from the specs the pzh 2000 and L52 cant outrange the koalition howitzer nor can HIMARS outrange the Tornado-S and it hasn't helped them stop Wagner either. Only giving some friendly reminders.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,456
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
M777s outrange most of the soviet artillery used but that did not stop shorter range krasnopol shells from targetting them, from the specs the pzh 2000 and L52 cant outrange the koalition howitzer nor can HIMARS outrange the Tornado-S and it hasn't helped them stop Wagner either. Only giving some friendly reminders.
Ukraine's artillery outrange all known Russian artillery including the experimental Koalitsiya. With the war dragging on, Russia will rely more on more on Hyacinth and Akatsiya

Yes, the Rheinmetall RH155 L52 like it or not still holds the absolute world record on range with 76 km reported in 2019. Koalitsiya claims of having 80km is just that...claims

Rheinmetall sets three new distance records for indirect fire in South Africa​

At a test fire event on 6 November at the Alkantpan Test Range in South Africa, Rheinmetall demonstrated its extensive expertise in the world of indirect fire. In the presence of international partners and customers, the Düsseldorf, Germany-based defence contractor proved how new technologies can be used to boost the performance of systems that are already in extensive use around the world – those which meet the NATO standards set out in the Joint Ballistics Memorandum of Understanding (JBMoU) as well as non-JBMoU systems. During the event, three new maximum effective range records were set using various guns. A G6 howitzer with a 52-calibre gun achieved the longest range ever attained with a conventional 155mm artillery round: 76 kilometres, while the 52-calibre gun of PzH2000 self-propelled howitzer lobbed a shell 67 kilometres. Finally, a field howitzer with a 39-calibre gun attained a range of 54 kilometres.​

As for the HIMARS, nothing to say more as how only 8 of those put an end to so called Novorissiya.

blackjack

Contributor
Russia Correspondent
Reactions
7 704
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Russia
Ukraine's artillery outrange all known Russian artillery including the experimental Koalitsiya. With the war dragging on, Russia will rely more on more on Hyacinth and Akatsiya

Yes, the Rheinmetall RH155 L52 like it or not still holds the absolute world record on range with 76 km reported in 2019. Koalitsiya claims of having 80km is just that...claims
The tornadoes were few in numbers before but than they production increased to God knows how many when they announced 3 work shifts for 24 hours of production. Rather if the same thing is being done for koalition is yet to be seen but we cant just assume it isnt.

So spec wise the koalition is better and the koalition will be even better with ramjet rounds that have a 170km range (I can give a source if you like on that?

As for the HIMARS, nothing to say more as how only 8 of those put an end to so called Novorissiya.

Oh really? tell me who is being pushed back?

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
65 7,492
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Yup, without drones overhead Ukraine's HIMARS won't be as effective. Russian artillery being more primitive also helps Ukraine achieve a shorter sensor to shooter kill chain. In a PzH2000 or HIMARS you got the coordinate, enter the coordinate to the digital fire computer and fire. Not quite sure with Russians but this looks primitive

You know what i think? i think, every artillery platoon like that one above {not a battery} must have the following systems organic to its formation.

1. Avenger/Sungur type defense systems.
1675626332948.png
1675626362306.png

2. And a Bramor C4EYE / RQ 20 Puma type UAVs for ISR and target acquisitions.
1675626044546.png
1675626308312.png

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,456
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Oh really? tell me who is being pushed back?

1673816067477-png.52665

So spec wise the koalition is better and the koalition will be even better with ramjet rounds that have a 170km range (I can give a source if you like on that?
no, and most important of all....Koalitsiya doesn't exist in the Ukraine battlefield. Hence Russian servicemen will be have to be happy with thier old MSTA, Hyacinth and Akatsiya.

Meanwhile Ukraine will have access on the very best the market could offer.

blackjack

Contributor
Russia Correspondent
Reactions
7 704
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Russia
Care to explain what happened in Soledar and Bakhmut, Gary?
no, and most important of all....Koalitsiya doesn't exist in the Ukraine battlefield. Hence Russian servicemen will be have to be happy with thier old MSTA, Hyacinth and Akatsiya.

Meanwhile Ukraine will have access on the very best the market could offer.
How do you know this and you are so sure of it? The Armatas and tornadoes entered the battlefield later when there were earlier claims that they were too small in numbers before. What makes you think the same is not being done to koalition or do they always announce in public stuff they produce? Wouldn't say best if I don't see what makes it better.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,456
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Care to explain what happened in Soledar and Bakhmut, Gary?

Bakhmut still stands and Soledar happens to be a very small settlement not even worth of mention. If this is Russia's answer for losing all gains in the North and South, it seems like pretty good deal.

When the Japanese were obliterated in Midway at the same time they happened to have seize the islands near Alaska. Technically its a win for the Japanese, but Pyrrhic.

If anything Bakhmut gives you an idea why Russia will never be able to capture settlements as large as Kyiv or Kharkiv.

How do you know this and you are so sure of it? The Armatas and tornadoes entered the battlefield later when there were earlier claims that they were too small in numbers before. What makes you think the same is not being done to koalition or do they always announce in public stuff they produce? Wouldn't say best if I don't see what makes it better.
Its near a year now and there's only one sighting of the Armata.

But you can believe everything you want, I mean this is not the first time that your Russian wonder weapons failed its tasks, I'm already in this thread long before the war starts remember ?

blackjack

Contributor
Russia Correspondent
Reactions
7 704
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Russia
Bakhmut still stands and Soledar happens to be a very small settlement not even worth of mention. If this is Russia's answer for losing all gains in the North and South, it seems like pretty good deal.

When the Japanese were obliterated in Midway at the same time they happened to have seize the islands near Alaska. Technically its a win for the Japanese, but Pyrrhic.

If anything Bakhmut gives you an idea why Russia will never be able to capture settlements as large as Kyiv or Kharkiv.
in case you dont know Soledar like Bakhmut is a city. and the current situation in Bakhmut is that they are getting encircled. They moved even closer to Seversk and Ugledar. Kyiv and khariv will depend how many units there will be left if you remember this?

1675627383811.png

Its near a year now and there's only one sighting of the Armata.

But you can believe everything you want, I mean this is not the first time that your Russian wonder weapons failed its tasks, I'm already in this thread long before the war starts remember ?
western wonder weapons have always failed in smaller conflicts like the leopards in Syria or the abrams around yemen and there have been more videos of the armatas than just a sighting.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,456
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
in case you dont know Soledar like Bakhmut is a city.
yes a city, a small city, which is actually a town. We call it semi urban settlements.

and the current situation in Bakhmut is that they are getting encircled. They moved even closer to Seversk and Ugledar. Kyiv and khariv will depend how many units there will be left if you remember this?
6 months, is the time needed to advance, and even then Bakhmut happens to be far from getting encircled and this for a sleepy town. with less than 500K pop pre war.

You talk Kyiv Kharkiv intentionally blind with the fact that most Ukraine best operational unit are in Bealrus and Russian borders anticipating another attack.

western wonder weapons have always failed in smaller conflicts like the leopards in Syria or the abrams around yemen and there have been more videos of the armatas than just a sighting.

None of which took a beating at the level the T-80/90 has in Ukraine.

blackjack

Contributor
Russia Correspondent
Reactions
7 704
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Russia
yes a city, a small city, which is actually a town. We call it semi urban settlements.
So you admit its a city, thanks.

6 months, is the time needed to advance, and even then Bakhmut happens to be far from getting encircled and this for a sleepy town. with less than 500K pop pre war.

You talk Kyiv Kharkiv intentionally blind with the fact that most Ukraine best operational unit are in Bealrus and Russian borders anticipating another attack.
Are you pretending not to see all those red and blue boxes I posted of which and where the units are at? Why has there been soo much footage on the web of AFU pointing guns at civilians to be meat sponges? if all those blue squares are gone more blue squares are needed and than those blue squares will be filled with people that didnt even want to fight in this war.

None of which took a beating at the level the T-80/90 has in Ukraine.
According to Russian reports about 10 T-90s. And the west not providing their tanks earlier in the war but a year later sure says alot to me, or even begging south Americans now from the looks of it.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,456
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
So you admit its a city, thanks.
Yes the same way I admit Vatican is a city

maxresdefault.jpg

Are you pretending not to see all those red and blue boxes I posted of which and where the units are at? Why has there been soo much footage on the web of AFU pointing guns at civilians to be meat sponges? if all those blue squares are gone more blue squares are needed and than those blue squares will be filled with people that didnt even want to fight in this war.

Units get rotated, losses will affect unit composition, intentional concealment of units is the norm in a dynamic front and all you and your russian comrade can do is talk positions in a map.

This is what I notice from russian supporters online, while Russia failed most of this objective they kept talking about attacking here and there on a map as if their foe would play into their own hands.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom