Committed member
Ukraine Moderator
Reactions
4 566
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Ukraine
To any more informed analysts among us, what are the key goals for this attack by Ukraine? Is it just to relieve pressure and draw in Russian units, a prelude to negotiations to strengthen their hand, or are there big strategic targets in the area that they want to target and destroy? How far do we think they will try to advance?

I'm wondering whether they will seek to hold the territory, or at some point quickly withdraw back beyond their border to avoid losses?

Also, any information as to whether the Russian volunteer regiments are involved in this incursion?
I think it's a bit of several:
1. Incur more losses onto RU than UA is taking
2. Show that Ukraine is still capable of taking the initiative, which is essential to Ukraine continuing to receive support from the West. This goes for both politicians and voters.
3. Boost the morale of Ukrainians, both military and civilian
4. Provide Ukrainians with a stronger position for future negotiations, as well as make it difficult for Trump (if he wins) to force unfavorable conditions onto Ukraine

As far as I know Ukraine is only using experienced units for this attack. Freedom of Russia Legion and others are not involved, and have not posted anything about being involved.

Last edited:

Soldier30

Contributor
Reactions
8 736
Nation of residence
Russia
Nation of origin
Russia
Footage has been published of a Russian kamikaze drone "Lancet-52" striking a Ukrainian armored vehicle "Kozak-2" in the Sudzhansky district of the Kursk region of Russia. The armored vehicle "Kozak 2M.1" was introduced in 2016 and can have small arms or a 40-mm automatic grenade launcher UAG-40. There were two drone attacks in total, the first strike on the car on the road, after the car went off the road, the second strike destroyed the armored vehicle "Kozak-2".

carlitob

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
what's really obvious from this is that Russia doesn't have, or hasn't organised, any kind of mobile reserve.

Surely any large and decently organised military would keep a quick reaction mobile / armoured force ready for any cross border raids or incursions.

This is a hugely importantly region, with a nuclear plant within touching distance. Is this just another example of shocking Russian organisation, or a sign they are down to the bare bones of their armoured vehicle availability?

You cant even use the excuse that the Russians were just caught off-guard, as the Wagner mutiny and raids by the anti Russian volunteer forces gave ample warning that this kind of thing was possible, and needed to be guarded against.

I would love to hear what my Russian friends think of this, unfortunately they have been silent now for a number of weeks :-(

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom