Interesting times are on their way. Trump is about to win the election. He has promised that he'll end the war in Ukraine. Most people assume that means he's going to immediately cut off Ukraine's support and make a deal with Vladimir Putin. If what people suspect is true, he'll pretty much trade the Donbas and what Russia controls now, coupled with a Ukarainian withdrawal from occupied Russia, in exchange for the end of the war and a promise to Putin that Ukraine will not be admitted into NATO.
Without the United States' leadership in military hardware for Ukraine, the war effort will fall short barring Europe making an extremely unlikely decision to go all in, in support of Ukraine's war effort.
Just keeping it real. I'm obviously a Ukraine supporter but I've always tried to keep it honest regarding the levels of military and macro economic support that Ukraine is getting and how much it needs to continue it's war effort. Barring a significant change of heart from Trump, the $50 Billion usd loan from the G7 might be the last military / economic support that America participates in. An even bigger blow is if the Trump Government bans Ukraine from buying American made weapons with that loan.
Joe Biden now has 2 months to send the final $4 Billion usd in remaining Presidential Drawdown Authority military supplies to Ukraine. I'll be curious to see if that's even an option. That would represent a staggering rate of package deliveries that I don't see taking place, which means that at least some of that money most likely remains on the table.
Again, very interesting times. Unless Europe steps up enormously (which doesn't look likely) I can see a reasonable end to the war by no later than next summer, with Ukraine continuing to exist, with some Western defense guarantees, but with Russia annexing approximately the 20% of Ukraine they've taken and Ukraine withdrawing all of their troops from Russian territory.