Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Panjshir is a natural fortress and in the past NA held out against Russians and then the Taliban. However they do require external support. During the 1980s Russian invasion this was provided from Pakistan's Chitral district which looks on to Badakshan and Tajikstan including the Walkhan corridor.

During 1990s things swung when Russian kept NA supplied from a conduit south from Tajikistan. If all neighbouring countries this time all agree to a consisten policy Panjshir will not be able to hold out for long.

M

Maximilian Veers

There is a lot of unverified news going around about Kunduz governor and the deputy governor. Lets wait and see

Aron

Reactions
Nation of residence
Japan
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Panjshir is a natural fortress and in the past NA held out against Russians and then the Taliban. However they do require external support. During the 1980s Russian invasion this was provided from Pakistan's Chitral district which looks on to Badakshan and Tajikstan including the Walkhan corridor.

During 1990s things swung when Russian kept NA supplied from a conduit south from Tajikistan. If all neighbouring countries this time all agree to a consisten policy Panjshir will not be able to hold out for long.
Now this sounds peaceful. I think no one wants to delay peaceful end in the region. Taliban needs to finish it quickly.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
I doubt that they could give meaningdull resistance, now it is just enclave in comparation with 90ties. Really sad and unnecessary to prolong war now when it is practically finished and i doubt that this time talibans will be mercifull if they make quick victory they will set rather harsh example on defetead militants or resistance fighters.

Last edited:

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Now this sounds peaceful. I think no one wants to delay peaceful end in the region. Taliban needs to finish it quickly.
Hmm or maybe the taliban leave the people of the region alone? I dont know just an idea.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Interesting discussion with Dr Moeed Pirzada about events in Afghanistan from Pakistani perspective.

Aron

Reactions
Nation of residence
Japan
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Hmm or maybe the taliban leave the people of the region alone? I dont know just an idea.
I think you didn't listen to Trump. According to Trump Taliban are country boys.

Maybe USA can take out her soldiers from every country. Everyone would be happy.

It didn't bring much good to the world either. Only costs Blood.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think you didn't listen to Trump. According to Trump Taliban are country boys.

Maybe USA can take out her soldiers from every country. Everyone would be happy.

It didn't bring much good to the world either. Only costs Blood.
How is that reply related to my post in any way?

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
For long term sustainibility and image perception talibams will have to found proper media network, that will be hard task as social media giants forbid and restrict their presence untill then they will suffer from disinformation campaigns from east and west together, below is one example of it.

Last edited:

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
12 4,821
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Ok guys, any news about Taliban recent attack?
I keep reading contradicting news
Some says Taliban is gaining ground while others are saying that they are losing the war
Which is true and which isnt?

M

Maximilian Veers

Ok guys, any news about Taliban recent attack?
I keep reading contradicting news
Some says Taliban is gaining ground while others are saying that they are losing the war
Which is true and which isnt?

use salt when reading any twitter news. None of us have a clue what's going on. Best to sit and wait and hope for the best(which ever side your on).

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
How is that reply related to my post in any way?
There has been a serious change in the way some in the west now describe the Taliban. This is most apparent in interview of British Chief of Staff Gen. Nick Carter. This is not ramblings of anybody but the army that fought the Taliban face to face in Hellmand which the British nicknamed 'Hell Man'.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
There has been a serious change in the way some in the west now describe the Taliban. This is most apparent in interview of British Chief of Staff Gen. Nick Carter. This is not ramblings of anybody but the army that fought the Taliban face to face in Hellmand which the British nicknamed 'Hell Man'.

Babe i swear i changed, give me one more chance. :ROFLMAO:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom