Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
22 12,852
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

just my opinion : Turkey need to stay out of this, By the sheer amount of negative media publicity against Taliban, IEA will eventually be portrayed as a pariah state on the same level of demonization as NK, Venezuela, Iran. I might argue that it will be even worse.

other than this countries listed:

-Pakistan
-China
-Iran

I don't see any countries willing or planning to recognize IEA. Turkey had been under flak for supporting Syrian rebels in the past few years and seeing Istanbul making deals or even recognizing Taliban will only make it worse for Turkey standing especially in NATO. Not only that, Turkey had been stretch in a series of geopolitical contest in which---for Turkey size (Economic and military wise)--- I think a bit too much.

If it's lithium or other minerals you're looking for, I think the Chinese would just kill the competition outright.

Turkey accepting the Taliban will no doubt be a great boost to the Taliban, but not so much for Turkey.

I think the risks outweighs the benefits of such. But again it's up to Erdogan.

Jackdaws

Experienced member
Reactions
1 1,583
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India

just my opinion : Turkey need to stay out of this, By the sheer amount of negative media publicity against Taliban, IEA will eventually be portrayed as a pariah state on the same level of demonization as NK, Venezuela, Iran. I might argue that it will be even worse.

other than this countries listed:

-Pakistan
-China
-Iran

I don't see any countries willing or planning to recognize IEA. Turkey had been under flak for supporting Syrian rebels in the past few years and seeing Istanbul making deals or even recognizing Taliban will only make it worse for Turkey standing especially in NATO. Not only that, Turkey had been stretch in a series of geopolitical contest in which---for Turkey size (Economic and military wise)--- I think a bit too much.

If it's lithium or other minerals you're looking for, I think the Chinese would just kill the competition outright.

Turkey accepting the Taliban will no doubt be a great boost to the Taliban, but not so much for Turkey.

I think the risks outweighs the benefits of such. But again it's up to Erdogan.
Even Iran isn't so stupid. Can count on NK, China and Pak adding Taliban Afghanistan to their axis though.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Even Iran isn't so stupid. Can count on NK, China and Pak adding Taliban Afghanistan to their axis though.
By end of year Iran, Uzbekistan, Pakistan, Turkey, Qatar, Russia, China will have recognised IEA. India can still continue saluting Ashraf Ghani as the President and trhe famous ANA Special Forces.

Jackdaws

Experienced member
Reactions
1 1,583
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
By end of year Iran, Uzbekistan, Pakistan, Turkey, Qatar, Russia, China will have recognised IEA. India can still continue saluting Ashraf Ghani as the President and trhe famous ANA Special Forces.

This thread is not about India; please don't derail the thread. Any insecurities you have about India, please address them in the Indian sub-forum.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
This thread is not about India; please don't derail the thread. Any insecurities you have about India, please address them in the Indian sub-forum.
Neither is it about Pakistan and you bracketing and using association of 'axis' or referancing 'stupid' so you need to address your own complex. Why is it you people are so senstive when boot is place on your foot but think it's okay to rub others?

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
22 12,852
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
personally I think Iran will recognize the Taliban.

all of the countries mentioned: Pakistan, China and Iran as well as Russia (maybe) done it because they have to.
  1. for Iran, a friendly Kabul admin will stop the prospect of having to create another front in the East. Remember Taliban is Sunni, while Iran is Shiite.
  2. for Pakistan, a friendly admin in Kabul meant that they could re-focus their effort East against your country.
  3. for China, being friendly with Kabul meant that it could (pretend) to be relaxed about the security in the Xinjiang province.
which now begs the question, what security interest are there for Turkey to actually recognize Taliban.??

Jackdaws

Experienced member
Reactions
1 1,583
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
personally I think Iran will recognize the Taliban.

all of the countries mentioned: Pakistan, China and Iran as well as Russia (maybe) done it because they have to.
  1. for Iran, a friendly Kabul admin will stop the prospect of having to create another front in the East. Remember Taliban is Sunni, while Iran is Shiite.
  2. for Pakistan, a friendly admin in Kabul meant that they could re-focus their effort East against your country.
  3. for China, being friendly with Kabul meant that it could (pretend) to be relaxed about the security in the Xinjiang province.
which now begs the question, what security interest are there for Turkey to actually recognize Taliban.??
China is extremely shrewd. It will extract its pound of flesh at some point. But China also wants to show itself as a global superpower alternative to the US. From what I understand there is blowback even within their own nation against the Taliban. China is adept at walking a tightrope. I don't doubt they will recognize the Taliban but they will keep them at arms length.

Will read up on Iran.

Pak has had some theory of strategic depth that a friendly Afghanistan Taliban gives it for them to concentrate on India. So yes, it helps them with that theory. Whether it is worth the blowback in their own country is their own headache to deal with.

Jackdaws

Experienced member
Reactions
1 1,583
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
Neither is it about Pakistan and you bracketing and using association of 'axis' or referancing 'stupid' so you need to address your own complex. Why is it you people are so senstive when boot is place on your foot but think it's okay to rub others?
I express my profund regrets if you were offended - @AlphaMike specifically mentioned China & Pak in context of Afghanistan. NK is an ally of the two. Axis merely refers to an alliance.

As stated, there is an India specific forum that you can visit and air your feelings in.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
22 12,852
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
China is extremely shrewd. It will extract its pound of flesh at some point. But China also wants to show itself as a global superpower alternative to the US. From what I understand there is blowback even within their own nation against the Taliban. China is adept at walking a tightrope. I don't doubt they will recognize the Taliban but they will keep them at arms length.

Will read up on Iran.

Pak has had some theory of strategic depth that a friendly Afghanistan Taliban gives it for them to concentrate on India. So yes, it helps them with that theory. Whether it is worth the blowback in their own country is their own headache to deal with.

China did this because it have no other choice to, China's public are deeply itched by the fact that the CCP are gearing up to recognize the people with the same ideology that they use to justify persecuting Uyghurs. But they HAVE TO, all in the name of security.

My guess is that the country that will recognize the Taliban will only be confined to this particular country (China, Pakistan, Iran, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan) bordering them. Another possible addition will/could be Venezuela.

as for the other groupings USA, EU, ASEAN, OZ, NZ, UK, etc. I don't see them going that way. Maybe some behind the doors cooperation with Taliban against ISKP. But that's it.

In fact seeing the narratives in Western media about the Taliban, I would pity the country that willingly recognize IEA knowing well the repercussions of negative media portrayal in the future.

Jackdaws

Experienced member
Reactions
1 1,583
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
China did this because it have no other choice to, China's public are deeply itched by the fact that the CCP are gearing up to recognize the people with the same ideology that they use to justify persecuting Uyghurs. But they HAVE TO, all in the name of security.

My guess is that the country that will recognize the Taliban will only be confined to this particular country (China, Pakistan, Iran, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan) bordering them. Another possible addition will/could be Venezuela.

as for the other groupings USA, EU, ASEAN, OZ, NZ, UK, etc. I don't see them going that way. Maybe some behind the doors cooperation with Taliban against ISKP. But that's it.

In fact seeing the narratives in Western media about the Taliban, I would pity the country that willingly recognize IEA knowing well the repercussions of negative media portrayal in the future.
And does Turkey have anything to gain or lose by recognizing IEA?

Some countries might find a halfway route - like they don't formally recognize Taiwan but do maintain semi formal diplomatic ties.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
As stated, there is an India specific forum that you can visit and air your feelings in.
There is also a Pakistan specfic thread. And if your comment was premised on another members post, please note mine also followed the same logic - it was premised on what you said. Although you took exception to my comment and went off tangent with "India thread" or "insecurities" la la. Matter closed.

Jackdaws

Experienced member
Reactions
1 1,583
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
There is also a Pakistan specfic thread. And if your comment was premised on another members post, please note mine also followed the same logic - it was premised on what you said. Although you took exception to my comment and went off tangent with "India thread" or "insecurities" la la. Matter closed.
Except India wasn't mentioned by anyone in either post. It's unfortunate that you wish to hyphenate a non existent relationship. Good thing the matter is closed. No point derailing this thread which is about Afghanistan and the brutal Taliban regime.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom