Jackdaws

Experienced member
Reactions
1 1,582
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
I don't think Pakistan took any alms, something which you seem to be obsessed about but given that India is the biggest recipient of alms in the world this is understandable.

Alms Almighty power - https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...t-of-us-economic-aid/articleshow/48093123.cms

There are two aspects to this allegation. First was Pakistan actively involved in supporting or giving refuge to the Haqqani network. This is not proven and if indeed there was proof including the address of the Haqqani leadership in Quetta who was to stop the mightest power in history from taking them out over period of 20 years? Certainly not Pakistan as we saw with the OBL raid.

Then there is the bigger question. Even if there was some support or active refuge provided by Pakistan was that sufficient to make material differance to the outcome of the war in Afghanistan?

If the answer is no then why all the drama? If it is true that Pakistani 'backstabbing' [you use script apt for a Bollywood movie] made 'material differance' then are they suggesting Pakistan vicariously defeated the might of USA, NATO and the West?

Poppycock !

Thanks for the article. Clearly states Pakistan receives more alms from the Americans. Read it again.

Your Bollywood obsession aside, this charge of double dealing is asserted by the Americans.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Thanks for the article. Clearly states Pakistan receives more alms from the Americans. Read it again
I did. It clearly states India is No.1 at recieving alms from USA.

India bigget begger.png

Of course if you want to go by per capita then Israel comes way at the top followed by Egypt, South Korea etc. Pakistan does not come at the top by either measure, yet your very quick to point fingers.

double dealing is asserted by the Americans.
Assertion is not fact. Since when have Ameericans become gold standard in stating the truth?

Jackdaws

Experienced member
Reactions
1 1,582
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India

View attachment 32580
Of course if you want to go by per capita then Israel comes way at the top followed by Egypt, South Korea etc. Pakistan does not come at the top by either measure, yet your very quick to point fingers.

Assertion is not fact. Since when have Ameericans become gold standard in stating the truth?

View attachment 32580

Pakistan received alms from everyone - IMF, ADB, Saudi Arabia, China, USA, India. While the Pakistani love for Americans is understandable giving their servility to the Americans since the 1950s thru the Afghan War, one can't dismiss the other sources.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,426
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
not to mention the many international player that will eventually fight, not cooperate for influence in Afghanistan such as:

1. Pakistan
2. Iran
3. China
4. Russia

Until very recently I've always thought that any future conflict will be from ISKP v Taliban.

I add another possibility of Iran v Taliban. Or even Pakistan, in the form of proxy warfare. With Iran covertly arming or creating a hezb like militia consisted of the Hazara.

Anyway for Iran it's into another front that could exhaust it's resources.

. Historically Iran never really expand eastward, but westward towards modern day Iraq and Anatolia. But things could change as now the Iran finding itself again with another Sunni govts in its borders. They WILL want a buffer state, like the post Baath Iraq, and that will eventually clashes with Pakistan's own interests in Afghanistan.

Hence that's why there will be no such thing as regional cooperation in Afghanistan like some members here boasted not so long time ago. Each and every Afghanistan neighbors are now scrambling to save their own interests first. and those interests are often not seldom clashes with each others.

I told you earlier ...there will be no such thing

er.PNG

translation :

Gen. Mohammad Nabi Mobin, a Taliban member: "The President of Iran is interfering in the affairs of Afghanistan with a white eye." This member #طالبان Further to the lack of a mosque for #اهل_سنت He also pointed to the absence of a Sunni figure in senior Iranian government officials, saying, "We will not interfere, let them not interfere.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom