Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,465
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
It is just due to CSTO.. If there was to occur spillover but IEA has no interest in that so it is irrelevant all that exercises or talk.. They don't seek any involved in this country
Taliban might not be interested in power outside of Afghan proper, but Taliban is not the only militants around, not anymore.

the departure of US troops will severely diminish Kabul control on it's countryside, no matter who is in charge. Making an ideal place for terrorists and armed groups to flourish.

Titanium100

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Denmark
the departure of US troops will severely diminish Kabul control on it's countryside

IEA is a reality nobody can undo them militarily at this point. They represent the afghan people hence the future is with them at the forefront. They are just tireless and relentless

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,465
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
IEA is a reality nobody can undo them militarily at this point. They represent the afghan people hence the future is with them at the forefront
As I've said, whoever controls Kabul will likely struggle to hold all of the country, either the current govt or the Taliban.

weak central control usually resulted in a good breeding ground for terrorism and militancy in general. we have TTP, ISIS-K in Afghanistan.

Hence why Russia and China is feeling very uneasy.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Pakistan certainly has to adopt a more offensive posture, I say this because as it the amount crap hurled at us so great with every type of allegation being made Pakistan might as well do something. What differance will it make to our detractors. The other thing that annoys me is every country from North America to European to even Australia has or had troops inside Afghanistan. Yet everybody points fingers at us for 'intervening'. This is akin to a bad living women being rode by the entire town but you look at her crooked and she is screaming that her modesty has been intruded. Just never could get my head around this. If anybody on earth has right to interven it is Pakisatan. It is our neighbour and we have the most Afghan refugees. In fact we might get again another wave of refugees.

However I am not suggesting ground invasion - although if the refugee wave begins then FC should move forward into Afghanistan and set up refugee camps on the other side of fence. Provide security and get the interntional community to provide aid etc.

One thing for sure that should be unleashed straight away. PAF should now begin CAP inside Afghanistan. Knock out any anti-Pakistan groups that includes TTP and BLA. Use the Turkish example in Syria and Iraq. Take the war to the enemy. In addition provide undeclared air support to Taliban - pawn that service with deal that they agree for FC to sep up refugee camps within Afghanistan.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
I agree. Pakistan has to adopt a more covert aggresive role. PAF should be used to take out any groups that threaten Russian, Western or Chinese interests.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,465
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I agree. Pakistan has to adopt a more covert aggresive role. PAF should be used to take out any groups that threaten Russian, Western or Chinese interests.
yes, and then the war dragged you into it. on the contrary, it will embolden certain groups to bring the fight to Pakistan.

just remember that NATO/Allied airstrikes can't defeat the Taliban or any insurgency in general.

if NATO airpower can't nobody can.

Titanium100

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Denmark
As I've said, whoever controls Kabul will likely struggle to hold all of the country, either the current govt or the Taliban.

weak central control usually resulted in a good breeding ground for terrorism and militancy in general. we have TTP, ISIS-K in Afghanistan.

Honestly who cares what they feel when pakistan herself is uneasy plus thee ISIS-K, TLP and PLA pakistan will 100% go after them because this is her border and backyard. Pakistan won't even allow someone else influence over herself here it is Pakistan state interests

Titanium100

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Denmark
yes, and then the war dragged you into it. on the contrary, it will embolden certain groups to bring the fight to Pakistan.

just remember that NATO/Allied airstrikes can't defeat the Taliban or any insurgency in general.

You playing some mind games there by first saying ISIS-K TLP and not switching to Taliban? They are reality in Afghanistan and represent the afghan people there is no way in hell Pakistan will collide with IEA aka the Afghan people in any way or shape that is off the limit and suicidal. But small elements like PLA, TLP and ISIS-K and other government entities and elements within the government are legit fair game and as a matter fact these are the once annoying Pakistan state interests

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,465
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Honestly who cares what they feel when pakistan herself is uneasy plus thee ISIS-K, TLP and PLA pakistan will 100% go after them because this is her border and backyard. Pakistan won't even allow someone else influence over herself here it is Pakistan state interests
Yup as I've clearly state here before, that the only one feeling happy about this in the region is Pakistan, while the other players largerly keep caution and wait (A.K.A they're afraid of the ongoing development)

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
First, it's not like crap is not going fling into Pakistan. It will anyway. In fact it is already building up. Secondly I am not saying become fully party to the conflict. No. I mean taking out specfic threats to Pakistan. We know TTP and BLA are in Afghanistan and nobody, despite requests has done anything about it including Americans.

Pakistan also needs to seriously invest in drones. These will be needed more then ever now. That border area is so diffucult to patrol. Drones are perfect eye in the sky.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,465
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
You playing some mind games there by first saying ISIS-K TLP and not switching to Taliban? They are reality in Afghanistan and represent the afghan people there is no way in hell Pakistan will collide with IEA aka the Afghan people in any way or shape that is off the limit and suicidal. But small elements like PLA, TLP and ISIS-K and other government entities and elements within the government are legit fair game
which part of my sentence you don't understand ??

let's say Taliban take control of Kabul in 6 months time, the Afghan govt surrender and hand over power to the Taliban. and then what's next???

Taliban will likely face the same problem their predecessor faces, mainly weak central govt control and oversight over the vast rural Afghanistan. Weak central govt control=breeding ground for terrorism/militants.

and the the militants here is the ISIS-K, TTP or BLA whatever.

For China in particular this is bad news, because they know China is very much hated among those groups and it's interests could be attacked sooner or later.

Titanium100

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Denmark
Yup as I've clearly state here before, that the only one feeling happy about this in the region is Pakistan, while the other players largerly keep caution and wait (A.K.A they're afraid of the ongoing development)
Pakistan is not in the business to please others but herself.. Right now there are elements like PLA, Afghan gov't entities and TLP remain the sole target. I assume the afghan gov't is financing the PLA which are in return targetting PK interest. Pakistan will settle her own region and take control of it. Everyone has been assured here we won't see double crossing.... Anyone who does it doesn't matter who and if they infest themselves as being against Pakistan state interest they will meet Pakistani fists

Titanium100

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Denmark
which part of my sentence you don't understand ??

let's say Taliban take control of Kabul in 6 months time, the Afghan govt surrender and hand over power to the Taliban. and then what's next???

Taliban will likely face the same problem their predecessor faces, mainly weak central govt control and oversight over the vast rural Afghanistan. Weak central govt control=breeding ground for terrorism/militants.

and the the militants here is the ISIS-K, TTP or BLA whatever.

For China in particular this is bad news, because they know China is very much hated among those groups and it's interests could be attacked sooner or later.

The later two are small and elusive while the first one will not be a chellenge as they are a tiny minority.. They will have no power to oppose Taliban once they come to kabul.. Pakistan could build miltiary bases in Afghanistan which could be the main target but with Taliban going into Kabul it is all over

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
By the way there has been general up tick in terrorist incidents in Pakistan over the last month. Lot of these are traced to Afghanistan and Indian sponsored groups. Although we also had Chinese engineers killed in Kohistan who were helping with a huge dam on the Indus River in area called Kohistan in the north.

This particular incident I suspect was work of trans-national Islamic jihadis and their love for the ummah as opposed to being nationalists. The fact is Islamism will never fit within nation states. Their drive and agenda is TRANS-NATIONAL. They warriors without borders.

Kohistan is hotbed of Islamists and only about 200 miles from Chinese Turkestan [Uighurs]. So my feeling is this was done as revenge for their Uighur brothers. This even highlights the existential threat to Pakistan of the Ughur issue. If not capped it could spread and cause huge issues between Pakistan and China. The consequences would be devastating for Pakistan. Who would stop Chinese air attacks into Pak territory/ USAF, NATO, Turkey or maybe India?

Titanium100

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Denmark
First, it's not like crap is not going fling into Pakistan. It will anyway. In fact it is already building up. Secondly I am not saying become fully party to the conflict. No. I mean taking out specfic threats to Pakistan. We know TTP and BLA are in Afghanistan and nobody, despite requests has done anything about it including Americans.

Pakistan also needs to seriously invest in drones. These will be needed more then ever now. That border area is so diffucult to patrol. Drones are perfect eye in the sky.

Hnadling this is alot easier than people assume.. Give support to IEA let them secure the country and that is the end of it.. Just knowing PK will come in ANA will surrender.. It will be the last chapter.

I am all up for Pakistan exercising power and asserting herself here as the new power bloc on the world stage.. Afghanistan could be used as the place where Pakistan announces herself.. A demonstration is needed and the corrupt ANA serve as the right platform...

A demonstration platform is needed

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,465
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Counter insurgency are a very difficult ordeal and expensive one. focusing too much on Afghanistan and you lose sight of your Eastern borders.

talking about drones, NATO is probably the top user of drones in history, yet it achieves little.

Happy? Pakistan is not in the business to please others but herself.. Right now there are elements like PLA, Afghan gov't entities and TLP remain the sole target. I assume the afghan gov't is financing the PLA which are in return targetting PK interest. Pakistan will settle her own region and take control of it. Everyone has been assured here we won't see double crossing.... Anyone who does it doesn't matter who and if they infest themselves as being against Pakistan state interest they will meet Pakistani fists
ummm, the only one I see getting excited are Pakistani in general. While official statements coming from China r Russia are either restraint, or anger about the US pullout.

the BLA mainly targets China's project in the Baloch region, we know how Pakistan and China are very much allies. While ISIS-K and the TTP whilst small are in no means to be taken lightly, they're brutal , they don't respect international norms, and they're pretty much hated China as much as they hate NATO, So it could drag China into the quagmire of Afghanistan sooner or later.
This particular incident I suspect was work of trans-national Islamic jihadis and their love for the ummah as opposed to being nationalists. The fact is Islamism will never fit within nation states. Their drive and agenda is TRANS-NATIONAL. They warriors without borders.

Kohistan is hotbed of Islamists and only about 200 miles from Chinese Turkestan [Uighurs]. So my feeling is this was done as revenge for their Uighur brothers. This even highlights the existential threat to Pakistan of the Ughur issue. If not capped it could spread and cause huge issues between Pakistan and China. The consequences would be devastating for Pakistan. Who would stop Chinese air attacks into Pak territory/ USAF, NATO, Turkey or maybe India?

exactly, hence why many regional powers are worried, because this time there won't be any USA/NATO troops around to do firefighiting anymore

The Islamist will stay, and so does their attacks. add that to China's treatment of Uyghurs and you have right in China's border a willing and determined enemy.

as I've said many times, this US retreat is part of a geopolitical master stroke by Biden admin from the lens of the return of great power competition.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Any illusions with regards to the Chinese engineers killed and how pissed of the Chinese are need to read this from the editor government owned state media Hu Xijin. I know this does strictly fit the thread but I believe it helps to provide the extremely tightrope Pakistan has to take. This was a veiled threat and exasperation.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom