Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Respectfully there was no problem until your Islamist fellow countrymen started the fire.

I to will disengage, lets hope both Afghanistan and Pakistan come out of this with minimal trouble and leave it at that.
You must understand that I would be hung by my feet first by Taliban for my views. My support for Taliban is just cold, hard realpoltiks. Just like Washington and London do not choose the regimes they support for the liberal democratic credentials I believe Pakistan should pursue national interest. I am for Pakistan recognizing Israel as I have zero empathy for Palestinins etc. Opposing Israel is like a hanging a huge Albatross around Pakistan's newck. Not needed.

Jackdaws

Experienced member
Reactions
1 1,582
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
Ahh yes. Out comes the victory of victories that shall be talked about in 1000 years as the greatest military victory since the Spartans. Let me draw this in soccer terms for you. This akin to -

Turkey playing England in the home game at Wembley. Half way through the match Turks gain 1-0 on England. The spectators are all English and Germans egging on the England team. Past half German team jumps in and joins the English team and by match end the England/German combo have won 1-2 against Turkey.

This then is touted as the greatest victory in soccer history!
Don't shoot the messenger. It's tweeted by the Afghan Vice President. I find soccer decidedly plebeian, so I stopped reading at the word "soccer". Please give a tennis analogy if you wish to stick to sport.

Blank1

Reactions

E65OPfNWEAMedDH (1).jpg

guest_07

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Malaysia
Nation of origin
Malaysia
Assalamu'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh.
Alhamdulillah.

The Taliban is close
to an absolute victory in Afghanistan.

May Allah bless their struggle.
And also all Muslims.
In this world and the hereafter.
Insha Allah.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
So, a liberal democracy full of tree hugging green activists is about to be replaced by far right Islamic thugs. Toba. Toba. Toba.

Titanium100

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Denmark
like Turkish analysts have always said NATO troops using Turkish flags and patches to get around Afghanistan.

I have heard this many times not even from Turks but from others who said the same thing.. These flags and patches have saved many lives from IED, rocket attacks, ambushes, and death

Last edited:

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
It's tweeted by the Afghan Vice President.
He is singing to the crowd. And you know which crowd that is. The crowd that lives in that 'soccer match' I described. I used soccer as example because it is popular in UK and Turkey. That image is flying around in cyberspace more than the one which captures the defeat of the 20 million strong German military where Admiral Doenitz signs the instrument of surrender handing over the entire Reich to the allies.

1627040015313.png

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Turkish flags
Turkey has enormous soft power in this part of the word and this runs across the spectrum - from religious to secular. The former for the Ottoman legacy and the latter for Ataturk.

*this applies to Taliban as well. I heard their spokeman speaking of Turkey in very positive language and only finding the Turkish connection with NATO is difficult.

Jackdaws

Experienced member
Reactions
1 1,582
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
He is singing to the crowd. And you know which crowd that is. The crowd that lives in that 'soccer match' I described. I used soccer as example because it is popular in UK and Turkey. That image is flying around in cyberspace more than the one which captures the defeat of the 20 million strong German military where Admiral Doenitz signs the instrument of surrender handing over the entire Reich to the allies.

View attachment 26441
If the Afghan VP has an ax to grind with Germany, am sure he might consider tweeting this pic. No point blaming the Brits or Americans for it.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom