Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
About 2015 Pakistan Army began building the fence from the north near China/Tajikistan at elevation of over 15,000 ft south along every type of terrain you can think covering 1,600 miles with about 200 miles with Iran. In 2021 85% is complete. Thank god for this. In the image below you can see the fence on left with Pak flag.

1627061336050.png

1627061421766.png

1627061461213.png

1627061489035.png

1627061527867.png

1627061598865.png

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,927
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
So is it safe to say that the Taliban has basically won at this point? I'm not saying this as taking their side necessarily but from an objective viewpoint, the Kabul government are, pardon my French, completely screwed.

Industrial revolution which we missed. Ottomans were largely agricultural. If an industrial revolution is going to happen you got have a capitalist revolution in the empire. Biggest problem we had was that the Greeks and Armenians owned all the wealth due to trade which allowed them to educate their population by sending them overseas. Greeks and Armenians did not have to worry about fighting wars as us Turks had to fight all the wars that the empire was in. Every Muslim man was conscripted to fight has been like this for centuries regardless of which Islamic Empire it was.

Japan was able to industrialise because it had a united society. The Japanese had no other ethnic groups to worry about while the Ottomans were plagued with it.

Japanese got rid of their traditional classes which made modernisation easier while the Ottomans still had clashes with the traditional class. Ottomans clashes between the Modern class and the Tradition class would last until the empire collapsed.

Ottoman Pasha and ruler of Egypt Muhammed Ali of Egypt brutally massacred the Mamluks the traditional rulers of Egypt. Pretty bloody to be honest.

Modern vs Traditional always ends up bloody.

Funniest thing is that one of the Ottoman ministers at one point actually said that making non-Muslims exempt from military service was a mistake, mainly because it meant that their numbers could freely increase while Turks were dying and because it meant they had no stake in survival of the state. Being given the option to serve on the front actually could've helped with making them more patriotic towards the empire. And this was centuries before the cracks started to show IIRC.

Agriculture was also a big one, it was under-developed in the Ottoman Empire, which meant that there was little population growth since there wasn't enough to support, say, 60-80 million unlike modern Turkey. And of course, the disinterest in education, which wasn't as bad as some people portray but it also was contained to mostly the upper classes and didn't invest nearly enough in the vital sciences as needed.

One of the reasons why scientific progress went so quickly in Western states (and in the modern world) was because the opportunities for exercising your brain for even the lowest peasants were widespread. In any given population, there are potential geniuses, but you need to invest in order to make sure that the geniuses can enlist their full potential. Also why progress moved so quickly as more people gained access to schools and universities.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
So is it safe to say that the Taliban has basically won at this point? I'm not saying this as taking their side necessarily but from an objective viewpoint, the Kabul government are, pardon my French, completely screwed.
Allow me to intervene, I would say at this stage it is premature to say they are 'screwed'. Much depends on the landscape of the external forces and how they align themselves. If no external support is provided then Kabuli regime is living on borrowed time.

EDITED: CORRECTION.

All too often when people discuss they begin with a proposition as a given. For instance it is accepted as fact that Kabul regime is legitimate and Taliban are the illigitimate. The objective fact is Kabul regime was imposed by a external power that came from the other side of the globe. It's military power removed Taliban and imposed the order you see today.

I quote a Pakistani general 'Kabul regime must be only government that wants foreign occupation to sustain it's rule'. As long as we understand Kabul is a foreign military imposition then we can guess how long it will survive.

Last edited:

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Agriculture was also a big one
Agricultural growth and productivity was in my opinion one of the variables and pre-cursor to industral development. It provided the surplus. It was the backbone that supported a population. More surplus mean't more men could be freed from the fields and take up other pursuits including science etc. When that surplus reached critical mass it would trigger the right conditions for industralization.

My opinon is geography had lot to do with this. The temperate zone has plenty of reliable, consisten rain and with rich black soil can produce enormous agriculture surplus with just the right administration and techniques. The North European Plain was always loaded with this potential. This is visible to any person on a plane flight. Europe appears as green lush fields.

Historically the temperate European region which hosted the industrial revolution and birthed such industrial giants as Germany, France, Britain had historically been on the fags side of history. from dawn of civilization in West Asia in what is now Syria/Iraq to Egypt to Indus Valley to Yellow River to rise of Greece to Rome and Mediteranean powers like Carthage North Europe was peripheral to history. If anything it was the German Vandals who were considered as savages by Romans brought the destruction of Rome.

Only just after Middle Ages does axis of history shift to Northern Europe. My opinion is agriculture in the traditional lands of classic history hit glass ceiling because their environments were too dry to support anymore agriculture production. It would take modern engineering and irrigation to tap extra productivity.

Now you may question my hypothesis by asking how come it did not happen in the North China plain which has significant agricultural potential. That would be a valid question but there are reaasons for that which I will leave.

guest_07

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Malaysia
Nation of origin
Malaysia
Assalamu'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh to Muslim
& Good day to Other

Dr. Saib Ghani tells the soldiers that
if everyone is martyred in the next three months,
I swear I will give them a plot of land
and name it a street.

The question is.
In the last period, 65,000 soldiers lost their lives.
How many scores and how many streets are named?
Why aren't Afghans given a home and dignity in life?

guest_07

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Malaysia
Nation of origin
Malaysia
Assalamu'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh to Muslim
& Good day to Other

The Taliban say that
the propaganda channels of the enemy of labor
have claimed that
the Mujahideen have started killing and arresting
the surrendered people in Guinea Spin Boldak.

There is no truth and we call on
all humanitarian agencies and the media
to travel to the district to whitewash them,
to prove where they were killed.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Yes, of course. If this is true Pakistan Punjabi's must be carrying balls the size of titans. The sense of these people who peddle this below par or they only tout to the low IQ audience.

As Imran Khan has said timeless times. If the strongest military machine on earth could not placate the Taliban we are supposed to believe a few 'Panjzabis' are doing this.

The converse of this is. Afghan Taliban are fighting Indian Brahmins, American military machine along with dozen other armies.

This comes straight out of Indian Disinfo campaign -

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Kabuli NSA Mohib yesterday met the Panjzabi ex PM Nawaz Sharif. No problem with that Panjabi but they have issue with the current PM Imran Khan who is ethnic Pakhtun.

NSA Mohib with ex PM Nawaz on right.

1627150083141.png

Blank1

Reactions

In the Spin Buldak district of Kandahar province, Pakistan has passed by crossing the limit Afghanistan and formed a security strip.

Translation : Camera Guy :-
Look at it these are Pakistani guys Police, FC - Frontier Corps and Pakistan army is standing inside Afghanistan far away from the border, the barbed wire is far behind them.
Taliban's are over there and they didn't even bother to tell them to leave.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom