Live Conflict War in Afghanistan

LegioXLupus

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
For losers who think USA accomplished everything

Yes, take a disgruntled war vets word for it, who has no idea what the strategy was or most probably what he was fighting for. Only losers calling this a victory are Islamist fanboys, leftists and Pakistanis. And I understand the victory bar is very low in some parts of the world.

Will you cheer on the Pakistani Taliban when the violence spills over or are they only good Tallibs until they cross the border.

There appears to be a premise accepted as a given that Taliban are bad and rest are saints. As I said before non of the players in Afghanistan are saints and there is is not much to differantiate them then each observors prejudices or affliations.

Pakistan faces challanges in Afghanistan similiar to how Turkey faces in Syria or Iraq. How to prevent groups in those countries like Kurds or PKK gaining ground to cause trouble within Turkey. Or to prevent external players using Syria or Iraqi terrirory to facilitate problems within Turkey specifically the kurdish issue. In order to degrade that threat Turkey has danced with Islamists and groups that in my view are despicable.

PKK by comparison are left leaning, with progressive views on femal emancipation compared to the some of the savage Arab Sunni groups who are just neutered versions of Taliban and draw their same sickly inspiration from Saudi salafism. But I understand why Turkey uses these Islamist Sunni groups to deflect, contain the Kurdish threat. After all what exactly the confict between Sunni Arabs and the Alawites is not ethnic but simple sectarianism.

We are in no delusion, all parties are brutal. Your comparison is off by miles however won't derail the thread responding.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Yes, that is the plan and depending on the circumstances the process can be sped up or slowed down.
It's great idea. Don't think I have a problem with it. From my POV it would be darn sight better then the Russian cloud over this region. I went to erstwhile USSR in 1989. I have since visited Kazakstan, Uzbekistan. I hope sometime to go to Tajikistan as well. The population is heavily Russified. Even their names have 'ov' or 'of' at the end. Amir is Amirof, Daud is Daudov etc

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
I said before and will say again. The solution lies with Tashkent and Islamabad with other parties reinforcing the policy adopted. Much more later.

Blank1

Reactions
Yes, take a disgruntled war vets word for it, who has no idea what the strategy was or most probably what he was fighting for. Only losers calling this a victory are Islamist fanboys, leftists and Pakistanis. And I understand the victory bar is very low in some parts of the world.

Will you cheer on the Pakistani Taliban when the violence spills over or are they only good Tallibs until they cross the border.

Too much love coming for Pakistan, Pakistan never supported IEA but still every one blame every thing on Pakistan. Losers are only those who are kicked out and achieved nothing other then killing million of muslim's.

IEA wanted foreign forces to get out from Afghanistan and they are leaving, IEA considers it a victory.

Pakistani Taliban / TTP is a terrorist organization and is treated as such by your "Islamist fanboys, leftists and Pakistanis" and are send to hell in mass.

You are pissed b/z IEA want you to get out so it is understandable, But efforts are made to settle the issue politically facilitated by Pakistan. I personally would love that Turkey and IEA solves their issues politically.

Titanium100

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Denmark
I agree. But so is ummah. The issue is to what degree. IMHO Central Asians are in the Russian orbit. Baskhirs, Chuvash, Tatars and other republics are actually chained to the Russian federation. A Pan-Turkic reality would require Russia being abrogated and all lands south of Volga, Black Sea littoral and Central, Chinese Turkestan and that shard in Afghanistan unifying under some NATO or EU like structure.

These small provincial states you mentioned like tatars and the others are not from Central Asia but rather south-east russia but we were exclusively talking about Central Asia here. I have been thru out the 6 turkic nations in CA including Tajikistan even tho it is not a turkic nation but quite surprisingly the CA states are more patriotic than Pakistan will ever be and more identify with their identity. Just because someone speaks some languages doesn't mean much.. Pakistan is still a english speaking country that doesn't change anything.. When it comes to core patriotism the Turkic states are on another level compared to Pakistan becaue in Pakistan you find alot of state antis but it is rare in CA and their patriotism is so strong it is not spoken about or for show-off it stands strictly linked to their identity unapologetically.. Without a doubt these people are more patriotic than Pk you failed to pick up on this..

Example the Ukrainians call the Russians turks because they say that they were the real Kievan rus and that Russia never existed except the turks ruled them for centuries which is true but still the Russians are Russians despite being under turkic rule for centuries themselves.. You can't un-russian a russian. The same goes to a turkic you can't un-turk them even coming with such analogy they will laugh at you and probably take it as an insult.

The Turkic council has been here for almost 30 years and has been growing. It is identity based alliance which will just keep flourishing. In the world of geo-politics you can have different alliances and multiple treaties everything is not black and white. Example the GULF countries have one military now called the ''Peninsula shield'' soon the Turkic council nations will have similar in the coming next decade or half... Pakistan has been allies with China for the last 70 years assuming them to just be some sort of chinese would be a fallacy and incorrect

Last edited:

Titanium100

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Denmark
🤣 🤣 i didn't know ISI and Pakistan are this strong that they can defeat an entire coalition of technologically advances militaries and capture an entire country in the process and just by spectating 🤣🤣.

These people will claim everything and they are the once behind the attacks on Pakistan's stragetic assets inside PK and behind the BLA insurgents. It is time for Pakistan to see the real elephant in the room and take the gloves out:ROFLMAO:

Titanium100

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Denmark
So rude of them they didn't even say thank you to US for leaving behind all this equipment in the hands of incompetents. But losers will say Pakistan did it.

That is so true.. They have so many humves and Armored vehicles now they captured around 1100.. They even captured helicopters

Titanium100

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Denmark
Taliban winter unit.. Looks like all year long is a fighting season
2020-04-07-21.28.20-1024x575.jpg

2020-04-07-21.28.24-1-1024x575.jpg

2020-04-07-21.27.33-1-1024x575.jpg

2020-04-07-21.28.11-1-1024x575.jpg

Last edited:

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Here is a very interesting map annotated by me showing districts under Taliban control. The source is the respected American Long War Journal. What is of interest is Taliban have taken many Turkic districts bordering Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and even Tajikistan. Surprisingly this was achieved without much heavy fighting. The local tribes just changed sides. Changing sides appears to be common as opposed to pitch, bloody battles. This tells us that Taliban claim of being open to all Afghans is not just empty talk. There appears to be weak correlation between ethnic group and Taliban control. The Taliban heartland is in the region around Kandahar. Red is Taliban control.

Afg Talib.png

Stuka

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Has somebody posted this ?
I think this might be important going forward.

"Taliban spokesman speaking to TRT Arabi: Turkey is our brother, we want to establish good relations"

1626897287168.png

Mujahid said, "We want good relations with Turkey, Turkey is our brother, we have many points in common based on faith. We want Turkey to leave the past and return to the present and the future. After that, we can ask for dialogue."

Zabihullah Mujahid, spokesman for the Taliban, said that they wanted support from Muslim countries for a political solution and ending the war in Afghanistan, and that they wanted to maintain good relations with Turkey.

Mujahid spoke to TRT Arabi on the withdrawal of foreign forces from Afghanistan, the operation of Kabul Airport and the peace negotiations between Afghans in Doha.

The spokesperson of the Taliban, arguing that the solution to the problem in Afghanistan is in an inclusive Islamic government, stated that they want to work with other countries to restore peace and security and start the rebuilding process.
Mujahid, who especially wanted support from Muslim countries for a political solution and ending the war in Afghanistan, stated that they wanted to have good relations with Turkey as well.

Brace Yourself

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

Gen. Milley says Taliban appear to have ‘strategic momentum’​

By ROBERT BURNS

Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Mark Milley speaks at a press briefing at the Pentagon, Wednesday, July 21, 2021 in Washington. (AP Photo/Kevin Wolf)
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Taliban appear to have “strategic momentum” in the fight for control of Afghanistan as they put increasing pressure on key cities, setting the stage for a decisive period in coming weeks as American forces complete their withdrawal, the top U.S. military officer said Wednesday.
“This is going to be a test now of the will and leadership of the Afghan people — the Afghan security forces and the government of Afghanistan,” Gen. Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told a Pentagon press conference.
The Pentagon says the U.S. withdrawal is 95% finished and will be completed by Aug. 31. And while the Biden administration has vowed to continue financial assistance and logistical support for Afghan forces after August, Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin said the focus of U.S. military efforts there will be countering terrorist threats, not the Taliban.

Full article:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom