Indonesia Casual Discussion Warkop Indonesia

Jagdflieger

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
Germany
Shinzo Abe got assassinated, a warning for everyone to not take security matters lightly
i think it doesn't really matter, if someone is willing to die or get arrested - there isn't a guarantee for "high profile" targets - unless they stay in their office and carry protection gear.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,848
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

morningstar

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,386
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Turn out shooter even manage to got even closer for that second shot. I bet his bodyguards didn't even had guns.
They might be still didn't knew what was going on at the first shot. Not gonna blame them, this kind of thing was also happened to Park Chung Hee in 1974. First shot happened, all still sat down in the chair like nothing happened until people started screaming and you know.

RadenSudirman

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
i think it doesn't really matter, if someone is willing to die or get arrested - there isn't a guarantee for "high profile" targets - unless they stay in their office and carry protection gear.
Well we can learn that security should screen really thoroughly and not "meremehkan"/ underestimate any possible threat. Abe's assassin literally got behind him, and shoot him point-blank, while Abe's security did nothing to prevent it, probably didn't even suspect that the guy is trying to assassinate him at all.

Our President is similar to Japanese politician; often appears in the open with little to no distance from the public, which put him at high risk at any time, some terrorist can easily attack him while blending with the crowd. Recent case of attack was against Wiranto our former minister, fortunately it was only a stabbing attack and not gun or bomb attack.

We tend to assume nothing will happen, but of course the risk is always there, as our old man said: "crime is not only due to evil intention, but also due to opportunity, beware! beware!"

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,531
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Our President is similar to Japanese politician; often appears in the open with little to no distance from the public, which put him at high risk at any time,
Sometimes iam holding my breath when i saw Pakdhe Blusukan from the TV. I imagine the worst possible that could be happened, the bodyguards need to be prepared becoming meatshield for VIP. Remember Macron when his hand grabbed by some protestor and got some cheekslap, he was lucky the protestor didnt have any intenttion to kill him.

RadenSudirman

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Remember Macron when his hand grabbed by some protestor and got some cheekslap, he was lucky the protestor didnt have any intenttion to kill him.
Honestly Macron had it worst lmao. I think he's a good person, just not very lucky and very bully-able. I mean he was repeatedly assaulted by random citizens, insulted, and often got into embarrassing situations. Yes, he sometimes said stupid things, but quality-wise he isn't that bad. At least he's lucky that he only got thrown with a tomato and not grenade.

Maybe French people are just like that lmao, the revolutionary spirit is there, gotta attack monarchs whenever possible.

Btw can we trust Lembaga Keris "leaks"? I mean the source is simpang siur and we cannot confirm just yet, it remains just a rumor. Honestly, I doubt it because Wowo reputation is at stake here, we got Tier 1 government official and Presidential dandidate who openly made a program and deal with another country. It will be embarrassing if his program is for some reason modified by some faceless bureaucrats or vetoed one-sided-ly that it is no longer in line with his plan.

That dude put his credibility at stake here, I doubt that he will let other parties intervene with his plan.

Jagdflieger

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
Germany
Honestly Macron had it worst lmao. I think he's a good person, just not very lucky and very bully-able. I mean he was repeatedly assaulted by random citizens, insulted, and often got into embarrassing situations. Yes, he sometimes said stupid things, but quality-wise he isn't that bad. At least he's lucky that he only got thrown with a tomato and not grenade.

Maybe French people are just like that lmao, the revolutionary spirit is there, gotta attack monarchs whenever possible.

Btw can we trust Lembaga Keris "leaks"? I mean the source is simpang siur and we cannot confirm just yet, it remains just a rumor. Honestly, I doubt it because Wowo reputation is at stake here, we got Tier 1 government official and Presidential dandidate who openly made a program and deal with another country. It will be embarrassing if his program is for some reason modified by some faceless bureaucrats or vetoed one-sided-ly that it is no longer in line with his plan.

That dude put his credibility at stake here, I doubt that he will let other parties intervene with his plan.
Reminds me of the former German chancellor Kohl - can't remember the actual issue (I think it was some paint bag) - but he charged right into the crowed trying to get hold of the person - upon which his security detail was in total chaos.

RadenSudirman

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Mainland Chinese and their tankies sympathizers celebrate Abe's death. Abe was the strongest proponent of Japan's rearmament and militarization, and that irritates China a lot as they have always been politically anti-Japan. Now that Abe was assassinated, they are glad that their political enemy is gone.

Though the comment section suggests that other Chinese disagree with it, even anti-CCP itself as the party always overemphasizes revanche against national humiliation including against Japan. I think they already see the truth behind the indoctrination by CCP.

Last edited:

Jagdflieger

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
Germany
Mainland Chinese and their tankies sympathizers celebrate Abe's death. Abe was the strongest proponent of Japan's rearmament and militarization, and that irritates China a lot as they have always been politically anti-Japan. Now that Abe was assassinated, they are glad that their political enemy is gone.

Though the comment section suggests that other Chinese disagree with it, even anti-CCP itself as the party always overemphasizes revanche against national humiliation including against Japan. I think they already see the truth behind the indoctrination by CCP.
In general the Chinese population is in awe that this could happen at all - (meaning shot/killed by a Japanese citizen)
They certainly don't feel positive in general in regards to Japan - understandably taking Japanese war crimes and horrors from 1885 - 1945 into account.
Abe - is also one of Japans prime ministers who refused to apologize to China for it's wrong doings and praying at the Yasukuni shrine didn't add to his reputation in China, Korea and even the US either.
But certainly the general population in China doesn't "celebrate" Abe's death

Jagdflieger

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
Germany

Zinan 二

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

RadenSudirman

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Tetep 36 +6 kok, Mirage kalo jadi pake dana interim fighter budget
I think for now we can assume that to be the case. But it is still largely unclear what exact program or what exact budget is used for the "Mirage acquisition" if it's real at all.

chibiyabi

Contributor
Reactions
3 411
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Togo
They might be still didn't knew what was going on at the first shot. Not gonna blame them, this kind of thing was also happened to Park Chung Hee in 1974. First shot happened, all still sat down in the chair like nothing happened until people started screaming and you know.

WTF, when you not aware non permitted person 3-4 meter behinds the VVIP that you must protects, when shit happens 100 % your responsibility. even there are no shoots, you must manage non permitted person stay away.
Park case totaly different with the Abe case, he shot by his inner circle, head of intel. since then VVIP protections totaly change, no active weapons permitted arround the VVIP, if you remember prabowos case in 98 when he complain why he was fired by BJ Habibie, Paspampres force him to gave his gun before met the presiden,.

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom