Air-Force What is the probability of ordering Eurofighter aircraft with Meteor for TurAF?

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,859
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
EqzIR2QXcAA84Bh.jpg

CFT are also in development for the EF-2000 which would give it a nice boost in range.

Typhoon-CFT-Al-Ain.jpg

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,276
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Normally, I'm not a big fan of the Typhoon but seeing it with CFTs and the illustration with Turkish insignia made me lean towards the idea of aquiring a few as a stop-gap alternative.
EqwLVj0W8AAzvwL

Integrating Turkish ordnance would be a precondition if I were in charge.
Imagine it with SOM-J, Akdogan, Gökdogan, Cirit, UMTAS, HGK, LGK etc.

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
Normally, I'm not a big fan of the Typhoon but seeing it with CFTs and the illustration with Turkish insignia made me lean towards the idea of aquiring a few as a stop-gap alternative.
EqwLVj0W8AAzvwL

Integrating Turkish ordnance would be a precondition if I were in charge.
Imagine it with SOM-J, Akdogan, Gökdogan, Cirit, UMTAS, HGK, LGK etc.
Real question is will they let u integrate them? :unsure:

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,735
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Real question is will they let u integrate them? :unsure:
If you are buying 40-60 planes they will! But will take time.
It was easy with Gokdogan/amraam , Bozdogan /Aim9x, Jdam/ HGK etc etc . They were more or less direct swap of US tech to Turkish tech.
European stuff may not be that easy to integrate in to.

Last edited:

BordoEnes

Committed member
Reactions
2 866
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
I wouldnt mind to buy around 2 squadrons worths of Eurofighters if the price is right. If not then there is no point considering more F-16's or even Hurjet is far better option considering our situation. Either way having dedicated air-to-air fighters jets is neccesary at some point and the Eurofighter could fill that role. I doubt we will get the latest T-4 and it will most likely be second-hand from the UK. If its T-1 then we should not even bother, litteraly throw to whole jet in the trashcan. They should pay us to have them.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,735
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I wouldnt mind to buy around 2 squadrons worths of Eurofighters if the price is right. If not then there is no point considering more F-16's or even Hurjet is far better option considering our situation. Either way having dedicated air-to-air fighters jets is neccesary at some point and the Eurofighter could fill that role. I doubt we will get the latest T-4 and it will most likely be second-hand from the UK. If its T-1 then we should not even bother, litteraly throw to whole jet in the trashcan. They should pay us to have them.
I agree. Tranche 1 is too old in tooth now. Would be too difficult and long to upgrade.
A group of 38 T4‘s is on order by German Airforce. Delivery time starts in 5 years. We do not have time to wait that long really. But at the same time used old tech planes are not really that great ; unless they can be at least upgraded to tranche 3 status, both structurally and technologically.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,735
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Thinking about upgrading old planes; I would rather see us upgrading Block 30 f16’s than buying old Typhoons.
We will be quite experienced in modernising and making old f16’s into OZGUR version Especially once we have the Aesa radars in place as well. Instead of wasting resources on old Typhoons which will be difficult to modernise and expensive to upkeep; I would rather spend our money and resources on modernising the total f16 fleet in to OZGUR version.
If we really need new planes , then focus on the production of Hurjet light attack version in quantity. Better still use a more powerful engine for this plane (like the Koreans offer on their KAI T50 with f414 engine , in place of f404) to increase its performance.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,170
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I would rather find alternative engines for the Hürjet than find stop gap foreign planes.
Hürjet in its manned and unmanned varieties can be made capable enough for most of the jobs.
Hürjet is pretty close to materialization, there is no need to look elsewhere.

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,958
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
As interim solution for F-4's the most likely foreign canidate imo, but i guess the inability to maintain it properly and therefore low combat readiness from the German Air Force side somehow polluted the Typhoons image.

Hürjet will turn maybe into a nice lightweight fighter and take some of the F-16s burden but never can compete with the Typhoon nor replace the F-4 equally, fact.

D

dBSPL

As interim solution for F-4's the most likely foreign canidate imo, but i guess the inability to maintain it properly and therefore low combat readiness from the German Air Force side somehow polluted the Typhoons image.

Hürjet will turn maybe into a nice lightweight fighter and take some of the F-16s burden but never can compete with the Typhoon nor replace the F-4 equally, fact.

While Turkey taking steps towards new strategic partnerships in various fields in recent years, Britain, leaving the EU and stands out as one of the noteworthy countries of this process. While the recently signed Free Trade Agreement and the partnership model for some of the domestic-national defense industry products were on the table, London one of the addresses that pointed out for our country's aerospace studies again. Industry and Technology Minister Mustafa Varank said, "With the UK, we can develop facilities and technologies that will strengthen our space and aviation industry and provide independent access to space."

Last edited by a moderator:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom