TR Aftermath of the earthquakes in Turkey's South-east

Bmx98

Reactions
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Turkiye needs to put better construction standards for the buildings. The current building standards are egregious, brand new buildings being shattered by an earthquake less than 7.5 . Turkiye is a very seizmic active area it needs to have building standards similar to Japan.
Condolences for the loss of the people to Turkiye may they be granted the title of shaheed.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,075
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Casualties are increasing, latest announced 284 dead and 2322 injured.

Ahmad

Reactions
2 247
Nation of residence
Pakistan
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Our condolences to the people of Turkey. We the people of Pakistan 🇵🇰 stand with our brother country 🇹🇷 in this difficult time. May Allah grant highest place in heaven to those who lost lives in this catastrophic event and speedy recovery to those who are injured.

No Name

Reactions
5 310
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Afghanistan

I don't understand why Turkey doesn't use Seismic Invisibility Cloaks to protect its important infostructure such as its airport runways. I hope they actually took the time to build those Nuclear power plants with earthquake measures.

Turkey needs to do four things going forward :

• One ban buildings that have more than three or four levels.
  • Two, the government needs to reclaim all Gecekondus and destroy them.
  • Three Implementing stricter laws on construction companies will increase transparency and cut down on the number of construction companies.
  • Four move away from urban-centric cities and adopt a suburban city design.
Thoughts and prayers to the people of Southeast Turkey.

Last edited:

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,516
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey
First of all RIP to all lost souls.
It's sad after all these years we stil didn't learn how to deal with the earthquake and still losing many people to it.

Mehmed Ali

Contributor
Reactions
1 905
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
I don't understand why Turkey doesn't use Seismic Invisibility Cloaks to protect its important infostructure such as its airport runways. I hope they actually took the time to build those Nuclear power plants with earthquake messes.

Turkey needs to do four things going forward :

• One ban buildings that have more than three or four levels.
  • Two, the government needs to reclaim all Gecekondus and destroy them.
  • Three Implementing stricter laws on construction companies will increase transparency and cut down on the number of construction companies.
  • Four move away from urban-centric cities and adopt a suburban city design.
Thoughts and prayers to the people of Southeast Turkey.
Who are you? I don't see anything on this forum from you apart from asking endless questions or giving " strategic " assessment. Br careful though, KGB might kidnap you, they are out there looking for the talent.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mehmed Ali

Contributor
Reactions
1 905
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Sadly I agree that most of what I stated wouldn't be done even if it is what needs to be done.

For me, Ataturk is a mixed bag on the one hand, he was a hero that had some great ideas and policies. On the other hand, he single-handedly forced the republican model of government, which poisoned Turkish society on every institutional level. Ataturk should have become sultan and caliph that way, he could have reformed Turkey and Islam in a direction that was more positive and less corrupt.

They know how to deal with earthquakes they just choose not to do so read YesilVatan's reply.
What the fuck are you talking about? You Mr Hazara? People are dead here and you talking about your political and historical views.
This guy needs to get banned.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,075
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We are living in a democracy guys, come to your senses.
Tell your ideas to your family members and friends and you will probably even find opposition in your close circles too.

Last edited:

I_Love_F16

Contributor
France Correspondent
Reactions
10 1,504
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
Very sad for all the injured people and those who lost their lives. We could have saved many by building earthquake-resistant structures. It is a step that should be taken and enforced as soon as possible !

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom