11 2,741
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

Russian army shot down 2 new air defense systems in Donetsk

- Nasam HSS radar
- S-300 battery

The solution found by the Russians works. Drones produced with fiber optic cables cannot be blocked by Ukrainian electronic warfare and air defense systems. 9th HSS was hit within 1 month

In this attack, 3 S-300 HSS equipment belonging to the Ukrainian army were destroyed.

Russian Osint group claims to be lost armor Patriot, but the image quality is very poor

Some friends did not believe that wired kamikaze UAVs were a truly balance-changing solution. However, even the Patriot missile defense system now has the possibility of being hit.

So, I'm eagerly waiting for your solution suggestion, folks.
Instead of underestimating the threat, it is now time to think about serious solutions.

@Kartal1 @Anmdt @Afif @TR_123456 @UkroTurk @Zafer @Kaan Azman @Sanchez
Nothing about those videos suggest they used drones with fibre cable as spotters or in any other way. Where is the proof of that? And wired "kamikaze" drones sounds like an oxymoron, good luck getting those anywhere without those fragile cables getting snagged on something along the way like a branch or a power lines etc.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,294
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Nothing about those videos suggest they used drones with fibre cable as spotters or in any other way. Where is the proof of that? And wired "kamikaze" drones sounds like an oxymoron, good luck getting those anywhere without those fragile cables getting snagged on something along the way like a branch or a power lines etc.
I don't think this will be a problem in open terrain. I also doubt that high voltage lines will be a problem in a country where war has ravaged for so many years. But you're probably right about forests and cities.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,294
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The idea of ventilating the radars of APCs or reconnaissance vehicles with wired UAVs for reconnaissance purposes, which I discovered, can also be used in UAVs for kamikaze purposes. This makes it possible for kamikaze UAVs to be mobilized by disabling both high voltage lines and the obstacle created by forests.

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
We'll wait and see now. But Ukraine does not have the luxury of waiting, that's for sure.
Take a look at the first video again,hoe can a bomb from such a small drone cause such a destruction,look at the blast,the outline of the blast?
Looked alot like a white phosphorus bomb,can you explain?

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,294
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Take a look at the first video again,hoe can a bomb from such a small drone cause such a destruction,look at the blast,the outline of the blast?
Looked alot like a white phosphorus bomb,can you explain?
It was said that one of the S-300s that was hit exploded along with its ammunition.
Of course, I don't know if this is possible.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,509
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yeah, we already know the adequate solution. Which is SP radar guided AAA guns equiped with programmable ammunition. Like Kurkut, Skynex, etc.

But the issue seems to be the number disparity. The drones are coming in hundreds of thousands, while these systems are being procured at several dozens. Hence nowhere near sufficient to provide AD coverage across the battlefield for all types of formations from intantry, armor to artillery in the back.

To fight such war against drones you need the kind of mass that armies had in 1970s/1980s. For exmaple, Turkish army only bought 13 Kurkut systems. When they should have bought at least 50. The same goes for other armies grappling with the problem.
Coyote C-UAS promises very low cost and higher numbers being produced. SHORAD is now probably the most cutting edge portion of the air defence umbrella.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,294
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Russian army shot down 2 new air defense systems in Donetsk

- Nasam HSS radar
- S-300 battery

The solution found by the Russians works. Drones produced with fiber optic cables cannot be blocked by Ukrainian electronic warfare and air defense systems. 9th HSS was hit within 1 month

In this attack, 3 S-300 HSS equipment belonging to the Ukrainian army were destroyed.

Russian Osint group claims to be lost armor Patriot, but the image quality is very poor

Some friends did not believe that wired kamikaze UAVs were a truly balance-changing solution. However, even the Patriot missile defense system now has the possibility of being hit.

So, I'm eagerly waiting for your solution suggestion, folks.
Instead of underestimating the threat, it is now time to think about serious solutions.

@Kartal1 @Anmdt @Afif @TR_123456 @UkroTurk @Zafer @Kaan Azman @Sanchez

Correction: Ruskies shot Patriot with İskender BF. I think the Patriots were on the move.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,487
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yeah, we already know the adequate solution. Which is SP radar guided AAA guns equiped with programmable ammunition. Like Kurkut, Skynex, etc.

But the issue seems to be the number disparity. The drones are coming in hundreds of thousands, while these systems are being procured at several dozens. Hence nowhere near sufficient to provide AD coverage across the battlefield for all types of formations from intantry, armor to artillery in the back.

To fight such war against drones you need the kind of mass that armies had in 1970s/1980s. For exmaple, Turkish army only bought 13 Kurkut systems. When they should have bought at least 50. The same goes for other armies grappling with the problem.
For a mass employment I am thinking of something in the setting of this system below. Due to the small size of the turret there is a possibility to integrate 2 of them on one vehicle so they can cover different sectors I think it will be a good solution.

Aselsan ACAR radar, Aselsan ATAS acoustic sensor, Aselsan Gergedan EW system, 2xAselsan Sahin 40mm ATOM programmable munition compatible turrets.

If you think about it the PARS 4 Special Operations Vehicle has a similar configuration with the only difference being the lack of a radar and it being configured to be a personnel carrier. In order to make it cheaper they may integrate the package into a PARS 3 IZCI 6x6 and I think it will be good.

pars-iv-6x6-special-operations-vehicle-album-v0-u4clrbqy6j1a1.jpg

A system on par with the Coyote C-UAS concept would be an effective solution too. I am just a bit worried about the swarms that we will start to see in the future and the tactics that may be developed like a multi-directional attack for example.

Brave Janissary

Reactions
5 635
GITeUktX0AABEdP.jpg

Does i class carry a 4 side aesa fcr radar panel ? Will we see same radar on Siper tests with X band horizontal search radar and iff?

What kind of radar is that and possible range ? 100 km or something ?

Last edited by a moderator:

zio

Reactions
4 456
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We should make our domestic T link and domestic IFF modeT,otherwise we shotdown our planes,sink our ships as we did before,but I can not see any effort to make it,or its devolped on secret.

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,789
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
We should make our domestic T link and domestic IFF modeT,otherwise we shotdown our planes,sink our ships as we did before,but I can not see any effort to make it,or its devolped on secret.
Both were already done many years ago ( 4+ years ago )
In 2018, the Turkish Defense Industries Presidency (SSB) and ASELSAN signed a contract to develop, mass-produce, and integrate own IFF and Link.
Project name KEMENT under which all this was done.
First installment of product in april 2020 on F-16 block 30 followed by ships Yavuz-class frigates, Kilic II-class quick attack craft, and Tuzla-class patrol boats etc..

we are in 2024 now, well :)

Last edited:

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,687
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
View attachment 66428

Does i class carry a 4 side aesa fcr radar panel ? Will we see same radar on Siper tests with X band horizontal search radar and iff?

What kind of radar is that and possible range ? 100 km or something ?
It is AESA datalink for Hisar/Siper missiles it is extremely hard to jam those datalinks.

zio

Reactions
4 456
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Both were already done many years ago ( 4+ years ago )
In 2018, the Turkish Defense Industries Presidency (SSB) and ASELSAN signed a contract to develop, mass-produce, and integrate own IFF and Link.
Project name KEMENT under which all this was done.
First installment of product in april 2020 on F-16 block 30 followed by ships Yavuz-class frigates, Kilic II-class quick attack craft, and Tuzla-class patrol boats etc..

we are in 2024 now, well :)
No we use nato mod 5s iff,and replacing mod4 on some platforms,no news about domestik mod T so far,kement produced by meteksan for link between missile and platform and no use of kement until now

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,487
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Guys, somebody should tell TSK to get its shit together and start procuring anti-drone systems en masse right now!

We have confirmed FPV attacks against bases in Syria from yesterday and today. We are not in these times where we are talking about possibilities anymore. The rats are already targeting us with the nightmare of weapon everybody is talking about. TSK must react NOW!

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom