SaR

Committed member
Reactions
3 599
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Atilgan, Zipkin hopefully would be able to integrate Sungur. They are getting older but very capable platforms.

I think right decision on cancelling Hisar A in favor of Sungur and Hisar O.

What will happen to the ACV-30 Hisar A platforms I wonder. It could be redesigned with Sungur+.

Goktug NASAMS hopefully for medium AA along with Hisar O, RF. Military would like it a lot for logistical ease. Maybe they can continue ACV-30 Hisar with Goktug.

Hexciter

Experienced member
Reactions
4 11,447
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Is the Siper missile a boosterized Hisar-O+ RF?
3E561EDC-4FBD-4D2A-A924-11CC61ED6115.jpeg

EA87CDFD-FA5A-48FD-8DBE-8C5E5EE2E9F9.jpeg

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,723
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
İsmail Demir:
The target was destroyed in the first RF (Radio Frequency) Seeker Headed Test Missile of the HİSAR O+ System.
You can’t get a better hit than that!
The missile, from the pictures I presume, did not have an explosive head, But destroyed the target drone by hit to kill.
It would be great if a range figure was also released though!

dustdevil

Committed member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Is the Siper missile boosterized Hisar-O+ RF?
View attachment 40030
View attachment 40029
Looks like, and very logical if it’s better than old Hisar O+ airframe for the purpose. I did not like the reduced diameter front section of the standard Hisar missile. It looked like ESSM but ESSM evolved from Sparrow to use a bigger rocket motor and that caused the diameter difference between rocket engine and sensor parts. ESSM block 2 already has an enlarged front section to accommodate a bigger sensor. So going near full diameter for Hisar O+ RF could be a good idea for longer range and sensor capacity.

Although the missile in previous Hisar RF footage also looked like to have enlarged front part. Not sure but itself might have evolved to boostered Siper but we did not know about it.
059CFBE8-5574-4D24-836C-F4FDB79EE6F2.jpeg
28DB5B42-7CC1-4D0A-ADFF-DACF5F9C7C36.png

Last edited:

Hexciter

Experienced member
Reactions
4 11,447
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Saffet Uyanık:
The new Hisar-RF and SİPER Blok-1 missiles are apparently the same missiles. It looks like it will have a similar structure to the Barak-8 concept. The one without booster of the same missile will be used for medium altitude and the one with booster will be used for high altitude.

Last edited:

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
In a single Hisar battery, two infrared seeker missiles (Hisar-A+ and Hisar-O+) and one active Rf-seeker missile (Hisar-Rf) will be able to engage enemy targets. Imaging Infrared missiles perform better under heavy jamming conditions, while active RF missiles can accurately find their targets from longer ranges in bad weather conditions. The combination of these two technologies in the same battery will cause devastating results for the enemy.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Meanwhile, the test fire of the Hisar-Rf missile was made without a warhead and laser or radar proximity fuse and destroyed high speed target drone by hit to kill. It is a very important detail in terms of seeing the precision of the developed air defence missile technology.

Screenshot_20220219-141702_Twitter.jpg

SaR

Committed member
Reactions
3 599
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Saffet Uyanık:
The new Hisar-RF and SİPER Blok-1 missiles are apparently the same missiles. It looks like it will have a similar structure to the Barak-8 concept. The one without booster of the same missile will be used for medium altitude and the one with booster will be used for high altitude.

Siper Block 1 is smaller than Hisar RF.

But also, The Siper is yet to be revealed next year. Will be the biggest AA missile yet.

What is the goal with Block 1? Could be missile for Barak like concept.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,685
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Siper Block 1 is an interim solution with little effort. Just add a booster to increase the range of Hisar-RF and you are good to go. The real Siper missile will be similar to Barak-8, and with a booster, it will be similar to Barak-8ER.

Abdelaziz

Contributor
Reactions
1 821
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Lebanon
Siper Block 1 is an interim solution with little effort. Just add a booster to increase the range of Hisar-RF and you are good to go. The real Siper missile will be similar to Barak-8, and with a booster, it will be similar to Barak-8ER.
No its not that easy .. to increase the range you need to improve the datalink .. the FCR .. the searching radar and many others

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Siper Block 1 is smaller than Hisar RF.

But also, The Siper is yet to be revealed next year. Will be the biggest AA missile yet.

What is the goal with Block 1? Could be missile for Barak like concept.

In fact test fired Siper and Hisar-Rf is the same missiles. The Siper Block-1(According to some source, It is Block-0) missile has emerged as a quick solution developed for (i suppose) testing the point of technology reached in the field of the Radar/Data-link/seeker communication infrastructure at longer ranges. I don't suppose Blk-0 missile will enter the inventory but I think the real Siper Blk-1 missile will have a larger diameter and be revealed soon and can reach the ~70-100km without booster. I think that the version with the booster will see 150km ranges.

In terms of ranges, concept, idea, the technology (dual pulse, 360 degree VL, seeker head) that Turkey has reached/is going to reach in Siper missiles is similar to Israel's Barak family but The 150 km version of the Siper will have a double seeker head (Rf+IIR), unlike Barak-Er. I'm sharing Israeli concept here to give you an idea about Turkish concept.

Barak MRAD(single pulse motor): up to 35km (Hisar-Rf-dual pulse rocket motor 35+km)
Barak LRAD: up to 70km (Siper Blk-1)
Barak ER Rf: up to 150km (Siper Blk2- Rf+IIR)

images

Hexciter

Experienced member
Reactions
4 11,447
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
In fact test fired Siper and Hisar-Rf is the same missiles. The Siper Block-1(According to some source, It is Block-0) missile has emerged as a quick solution developed for (i suppose) testing the point of technology reached in the field of the Radar/Data-link/seeker communication infrastructure at longer ranges. I don't suppose Blk-0 missile will enter the inventory but I think the real Siper Blk-1 missile will have a larger diameter and be revealed soon and can reach the ~70-100km without booster. I think that the version with the booster will see 150km ranges.

In terms of ranges, concept, idea, the technology (dual pulse, 360 degree VL, seeker head) that Turkey has reached/is going to reach in Siper missiles is similar to Israel's Barak family but The 150 km version of the Siper will have a double seeker head (Rf+IIR), unlike Barak-Er. I'm sharing Israeli concept here to give you an idea about Turkish concept.

Barak MRAD(single pulse motor): up to 35km (Hisar-Rf-dual pulse rocket motor 35+km)
Barak LRAD: up to 70km (Siper Blk-1)
Barak ER Rf: up to 150km (Siper Blk2- Rf+IIR)

images
I prefer a larger booster (with no need of folding wings) as in the Standard missile
01522C43-681B-44EC-B3B1-39F14C7F475D.jpeg

Balamir

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Good news. The test was done recently. The missile looks partly like Siper Block-1. For a more accurate analysis, it is necessary to see a clearer photo of the missile.

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom