DBdev

Committed member
Reactions
8 444
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
As far my technical knowledge goes, AWACS can't provide fire ontrol.
You need to provide specific credible source that explain in detail how E7-T provides weapon quality track.

I don't see how this refutes my point of about the essentiality of High Altitude Long Range air defence system.

Countries still continue to invest heavily in BM. and Iran will do so for the foreseeable future. Hence the threat remains.
E7-ts can do that with latest American AA missiles. Google it. I have read these on the internet but not going to waste an hour to produce them for you. Sorry.

Russia with 3 million people working in defense sector can't produce ballistic missiles fast enough. That makes even 10 thousand ballistic missiles pretty useless in a long war with likely embargos. But yes they will have role to play in the beginning. To destroy enemy fighter jets in their hangars, take out fixed radars, air defenses, factories etc. Most of them will be intercepted and both sides will eventually ran out of expensive ballistic missile interceptors and ballistic missiles themselves.

Ukraine war is my main point of reference. Because it includes a super power vs a mid-tier power that can replenish it's weapons.
Closest modern demonstration of what will happen in a worse case scenario conflict of USA vs Turkey.

Quasar

Contributor
The Post Deleter
Reactions
34 2,558
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
-AWACS can feed data to the guidance station (Air land Sea)

-not just RadNet but HERIKKS and now HAKIM should always be in considiration when we talk about Turkish Air defence

-even old HERIKKS was useing Link-16, JREAP-C, Link-11B, Link-1 I am just stating them to open room for a speculation on potential data transfer between HAKIM and ADVENT

- distributed architecture of Turkish SAM systems

- Our Radar rode map should be also considered

Last edited:

Siper>MMU

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,194
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
"E-7T guided the AMRAAM" story is wrong. E-7T enabled F-16 to acquire target sooner via L16. F-16 tracked the target with its own radar and guided the AMRAAM with the radars X band datalink. Our AMRAAMs doesn't have L16 capability.

BaburKhan

Committed member
Reactions
5 624
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Germany
Another Idea of using Akinci in Air Defence Role, with it's Murad AESA Radar the Drone can search for Tergets like Cruise Missiles, UAV/UCAV, Helicopters and low flying Aircraft. It will be able to use BVR and WVR Missiles and have Datalink Connection to AWACS. In this Role Akinci will Supplement hround based Air Defence.

neosinan

Committed member
Reactions
7 976
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
-AWACS can feed data to the guidance station (Air land Sea)

-not just RadNet but HERIKKS and now HAKIM should always be in considiration when we talk about Turkish Air defence

-even old HERIKKS was useing Link-16, JREAP-C, Link-11B, Link-1 I am just stating them to open room for a speculation on potential data transfer between HAKIM and ADVENT

- distributed architecture of Turkish SAM systems

- Our Radar rode map should be also considered

I am not sure everybody is speaking the same thing here, I just want everybody to be in the same page here, Correct me here If I am wrong. Radar information from our Awacs can be utilized in varies levels

- Just for situational awareness
- can be used in semi active radar homing
- target level lock till SAM hits its target

My understanding was, It was only used for situational awareness not To be used in initial part of semi active radar homing. But As far as I understand other were wondering if it can used even in the final stage of the journey. Since our SAM can used in semi active mode, They can use their own radars or IIR sensors for final aproach and They dont need such high level of accuracy. And thus we can use our Awacs in the first half of the jouney till its own sensors can have lock on the target.

Quasar

Contributor
The Post Deleter
Reactions
34 2,558
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I am not sure everybody is speaking the same thing here, I just want everybody to be in the same page here, Correct me here If I am wrong. Radar information from our Awacs can be utilized in varies levels

- Just for situational awareness
- can be used in semi active radar homing
- target level lock till SAM hits its target

My understanding was, It was only used for situational awareness not To be used in initial part of semi active radar homing. But As far as I understand other were wondering if it can used even in the final stage of the journey. Since our SAM can used in semi active mode, They can use their own radars or IIR sensors for final aproach and They dont need such high level of accuracy. And thus we can use our Awacs in the first half of the jouney till its own sensors can have lock on the target.
Brother in F 16 net there is an old thread on AWACS you may want to check... kind of old one but still quite informative. unfortunatly Nowadays we start to use the term ''force multiplier'' so often. AWACS is the real embodiemt of the term :devilish:

Last edited:

Quasar

Contributor
The Post Deleter
Reactions
34 2,558
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Multiple Target Engagement Scenario for Hisar with mixed IIR and RF seeker missiles

3 cruise missiles + 3 UAVs + 3 aircrafts with diffrent speeds and altitudes

1701366776242.png

Last edited:

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,530
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Hisar and Siper serial production agreement finally signed!
Aselsan's total share is about 580 million euros.

Within the scope of Air Defense Systems, the Presidency of the Presidency of Defense Industries and ASELSAN signed a contract and contract amendment amounting to EUR 428,538,878.16 and TL 4,884,244,675.07!

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,389
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
This must be a new agreement on HISAR O+ for additional order. Otherwise it gets very confusing. This is from July 2021.

ASELSAN-Roketsan Business Partnership Starts Mass Production for HİSAR O+​

1702650782678.png

The Presidency of Defense Industries (SSB) announced on 12 July that the HİSAR O+ Mass Production Contract was signed with the ASELSAN-Roketsan Business Partnership. Deliveries under the contract are planned to be made by 2024.

In the statement made by ASELSAN to the Public Disclosure Platform (KAP), it was stated that the company’s share in the contract was 103 million 625 thousand 308.95 euros and 481 million 738 thousand 647.44 liras.

Last edited:

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,692
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
IMHO this looks like 4 Siper batteries. 582/4 Aselsan's workshare per battery stands at 145,5 million euros if we add 36 missiles per battery total cost per battery might be around 200 million euros for the Turkish Armed forces use.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,692
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

ASELSAN-Roketsan Business Partnership Starts Mass Production for HİSAR O+​

16 Eylül 2021

View attachment 63898

The Presidency of Defense Industries (SSB) announced on 12 July that the HİSAR O+ Mass Production Contract was signed with the ASELSAN-Roketsan Business Partnership. Deliveries under the contract are planned to be made by 2024.

In the statement made by ASELSAN to the Public Disclosure Platform (KAP), it was stated that the company’s share in the contract was 103 million 625 thousand 308.95 euros and 481 million 738 thousand 647.44 liras.

This must be a new agreement on HISAR O+ for additional order. Otherwise, it gets confusing
This is an amendment to the existing Hisar serial production contract for the inclusion of Siper batteries.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,692
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

It seems like first serial production delivery will be made in Q1 2026. Delivery for the first optional system will be made in Q1 2027.

The ranges are given as 100km for the product 1 and 150km for the product 2. Altitudes are given as 20km (65k feet) and 30km (98k feet).
The tracking range of the system is given as 290+km (should not be confused with the detection range)

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,692
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Additional Hisar-A+ and Hisar-O+ deliveries will be made to Land Forces between 2025-2028. Land Forces are currently getting deliveries of Hisar-A+ and O+ systems and deliveries will continue in 2024. This is for additional deliveries.
Hisar-A+ and O+ deliveries will be made to Air Forces in 2026 and 2027.

The Navy will use a modified Hisar-RF missile named Sapan (VLS enabled/modified Hisar-RF) for its needs.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom