Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,568
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yes It will depend on who sees who first.

But no, a high quality MBT and CV90 mark V uses sensors with similar capability. So it won't be 99/100.

Obviously, over all a MBT will have the upper hand. However, equipped with utlra-modern camouflage with your engine turned off if you wait in a pre-planned position, you can actually hide yourself from adversary's thermal sight. In that case with an IFV you could get the chance to strike first at an upcoming tank.

The scenario is still unfavorable for IFV but nevertheless practically possible.
That drone's command link is a huge "homing beacon" I might add.
Any MBT with relevant equipment could triangulate the location of that drone's "remote" and yeet an APFSDS deathstick right back at them. The hardware that allows such response is cheap and small in size.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,568
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
ALSO: the scenario in the video in general is UTTERLY STUPID as well.

IFV's guarding the peninsula to make sure an MBT-only force don't make landfall and establish a beachhead? Are we living in the upside-down dimension?
No sane commander would attempt to commence such an op with ONLY MBT's, they would also employ IFV's and ample fire support from both naval and air assets.
As for the defenders, they would be the ones who'd mainly use MBT's and infantry launched ATGM's to counter such an operation.
Swedes above all should've known that, since for years, they made and used a tank to do just that:
EihwtbQWsAIiC8V.jpg

This puppy was tailor made to be deployed in such a scenario. Hide in the bushes and trenches, do surprise attacks on the pouring Soviet armor, Blunt the Commie armored offensive.

Shows what the Swedes know about how to fight a war. They shouldn't ever be allowed into NATO. They'd only be a liability.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,005
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
ALSO: the scenario in the video in general is UTTERLY STUPID as well.

IFV's guarding the peninsula to make sure an MBT-only force don't make landfall and establish a beachhead? Are we living in the upside-down dimension?
No sane commander would attempt to commence such an op with ONLY MBT's, they would also employ IFV's and ample fire support from both naval and air assets.
As for the defenders, they would be the ones who'd mainly use MBT's and infantry launched ATGM's to counter such an operation.
Swedes above all should've known that, since for years, they made and used a tank to do just that:
EihwtbQWsAIiC8V.jpg

This puppy was tailor made to be deployed in such a scenario. Hide in the bushes and trenches, do surprise attacks on the pouring Soviet armor, Blunt the Commie armored offensive.

Shows what the Swedes know about how to fight a war. They shouldn't ever be allowed into NATO. They'd only be a liability.

That thing is so impractical what is it a tank destroyer, ifv or a mbt itself?

Cant decide really. Swedes were neutral so they knew fck all how to fight the Russians.

Then again the Swedes actually sent money and aid to the Vietcong. A historical fact which is overlooked by the Americans.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,568
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
That thing is so impractical what is it a tank destroyer, ifv or a mbt itself?
"The armoured brigades of the Swedish Army, which operated the Strv 103, were designated anfallsbrigader (assault brigades) and tasked with launching counter-offensives on enemy beachheads and airborne landings."

In short, its designed to do what that IFV does in the video.

Windchime

Professional
South Korea Moderator
Reactions
22 1,276
Nation of residence
Poland
Nation of origin
South Korea
Not happy with this. These aren't called subsystems but literally hoses and pipes. I want fully otonomous Altay with 360+topdown Akkor, 1500hp with dedicated atgm launchers
I mean, important vehicle electonics like the FCS are already Turkish so there ain't much problem with adding some trivial components to the list, if there are benefits

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
30 4,736
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
By Turkish parts, do you know which exactly they are?
He(Ismail Demir) referred to the Korean transmission and said we're nationalizing some parts that are German origin. And "They(Koreans) will also benefit from it".

I think he meant that the parts that were developed for BATU transmission will be repurposed to replace some German parts in the Korean transmission. And Koreans intend to use these parts instead of German's. The last statement might be his forecast or might actually be formal request from Koreans, that wasn't very clear, at least for me.

Windchime

Professional
South Korea Moderator
Reactions
22 1,276
Nation of residence
Poland
Nation of origin
South Korea
He(Ismail Demir) referred to the Korean transmission and said we're nationalizing some parts that are German origin. And "They(Koreans) will also benefit from it".

I think he meant that the parts that were developed for BATU transmission will be repurposed to replace some German parts in the Korean transmission. And Koreans intend to use these parts instead of German's. The last statement might be his forecast or might actually be formal request from Koreans, that wasn't very clear, at least for me.
Hmmm... that's a bit puzzling. Like I've posted a few times before, Koreans (S&T to be exact) have already replaced German components within the EST transmission, and this new version of the transmission also happens to be the current version of the transmission under trials for the Altay in a Korean powerpack, to my understanding. If what Ismail Demir is saying is true, I'm pretty sure there will be more info available soon so I'll wait for relevant news on the matter. For now I don't think it means much, unless more things are made public.

If there is such a request etc. then probably one of those which were previously German.

View attachment 55874
According to Rodeo its about the transmission so there's that. Also most of the parts newly nationalized for Altay are already Korean on K2, which is the reason that got me wondering what those "parts" are.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,509
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It's election time, bureaucrats talk.

If such a transfer exists, we'll probably learn of it from Korean sources, like we did with the transmission sale few months back.

Kedikesenfare

Reactions
1 797
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
It's election time, bureaucrats talk.

If such a transfer exists, we'll probably learn of it from Korean sources, like we did with the transmission sale few months back.
Maybe it's just a few rather secondary (sub)systems that the Koreans source from us as part of an offset agreement?

You're right, though. If this news is true the facts will surface one day anyways.

Top Bottom