TR Attack & Utility Helicopter Programs

begturan

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I love how Tolga Ozbek talks, he is my favorite.. his dad was from Military too. I wish he gets more chances to interview those officials..
Yeap that man speaks so highly and respectfull. I think he is best among defence youtuber channels. Government should give him some special tasks to introduce Turkish defence industry.

Defence minister had started to introduce defence industry to the public since two years first they started with TV channels but they were terrible, zero information, later on they discover defence web sites and youtube channels so they start working with them but sometimes they select wrong guys, i think Mete Yarar one of them. He has no information about defence industry but just try to save the situation with bullshit with charismatic behaviors.

Also he never let experts to speak and allways cut people speech that is so unrespectfull, even if they minister doesnt matter he being rude.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,383
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
General Manager Bülent Işık: "We have completed the prototype work of the 30mm electrically driven automatic cannon* developed for the ATAK II (T929), we have started the first product production. It can fire 1, 5, 10, 15, 20 and 50 rounds. It can fire 625 rounds per minute. "

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,907
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
GOKBEY of the gendarmerie

FlOmPeQXEAYq61Q.jpeg

FlOmQa7XEAAofrh.jpeg

FlOmQdOWYAI3r6t.jpeg

FlOmQdbXEAIFqOp.jpeg

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
27 4,537
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Highlights from Temel Kotil's Interview(was a short interview);

- First GOKBEY will be delivered in a few months(Q1 2023)
- Talks are ongoing with 4 countries w.r.t ATAK helicopter export.
- ATAK helicopter has two-way data link with ANKA drones and can use the targeting system of the UCAV when firing a missile.
- (Speaking about TFX) "We struggled a lot with the design of the aircraft but the manufacturing was very fast. That success is partially due to our previous work for AIRBUS and BOEING. We got our hands dirty.."
- We have hired 1600 engineers and 1200 technicians in 2022. At the end of 2023, we will have 16.000 employees. Half of them will be engineers and the other half will be technicians.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,383
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
Highlights from Temel Kotil's Interview(was a short interview);

- First GOKBEY will be delivered in a few months(Q1 2023)
- Talks are ongoing with 4 countries w.r.t ATAK helicopter export.
- ATAK helicopter has two-way data link with ANKA drones and can use the targeting system of the UCAV when firing a missile.
- (Speaking about TFX) "We struggled a lot with the design of the aircraft but the manufacturing was very fast. That success is partially due to our previous work for AIRBUS and BOEING. We got our hands dirty.."
- We have hired 1600 engineers and 1200 technicians in 2022. At the end of 2023, we will have 16.000 employees. Half of them will be engineers and the other half will be technicians.
I wonder if he is referring to the T129 ATAK, or the ATAK 2?

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,085
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Can anybody guesstimate when will ATAK ii be ready for export market?

because it seems BAFs plan for MI 28NE procurement has stalled and very unlikely to go through under the current circumstances. and Apache is just too costly.
It seems we are effectively out of options for 10 ton attack helicopter.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,383
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
T-129,the ATAK is not ready yet.
Still possible to negotiate even if they have not started production yet. It requires trust from the buyer but possible. If it's the T-129 then Morocco could be one of the buyers. We were close to a deal many times but the engine issues stalled the final agreement.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,383
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco

because it seems BAFs plan for MI 28NE procurement has stalled and very unlikely to go through under the current circumstances. and Apache is just too costly.
If I'm not mistaken the production will start by early 2025. We will see the first deliveries to the Turkish armed forces followed by the export market. Maybe by 2027? I don't know the production capability that TAI will have regarding the production of ATAK 2.

Enderun

Reactions
4 850
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
🇹🇷
@TUSAS_TR
general manager
@Temel_Kotil
:

'
@gendarme
Physically everything of the (3) helicopter to be delivered to Turkey is finished, only testing will be done. We will finish the tests in 1-2 months and deliver them in the first quarter of 2023.'

(Photos:
@gendarme
J-6001 K/N to be delivered to the first GÖKBEY)

Baris

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Well, we can offer ATAK 2 just like how we offered Hürjet to Malaysia.

Osman

Committed member
Reactions
2 462
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
If I'm not mistaken the production will start by early 2025. We will see the first deliveries to the Turkish armed forces followed by the export market. Maybe by 2027? I don't know the production capability that TAI will have regarding the production of ATAK 2.
They are planning to produce 24 atak 2s each year. I am sure it is quite easy to make it 36, especially with a Turkish engine. Ukranian engine is the biggest problem of atak 2 in these circumstances.

Osman

Committed member
Reactions
2 462
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
There are also plans for integration of ts 1400 (indigeneous engine of gökbey) to atak.

I think brother countries should wait a few years, because it will be worth it

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom