Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,757
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Do we think TEI is going to convert the TF6000 core to a 3000+shp turboshaft engine? I remember Mr.Aksit talking about pre-studies being done for the TS-3000 and how the plan then was to even develop an engine with greater power. This way we would have the perfect engine for the T-929 and T-925.

He had also mentioned last year that they started working on the TF6000 two years ago, so around Q3/4 2020. The above statement was made in 2021, so from the timetable it would fit. Who knows maybe at IDEF23 we will see some surpises. :)
TF6000 will yield a turbo shaft that will power a plane like an Osprey, that will output 6-7000HP per engine. (please see ~7000lbf RR3007 engine from which 6000lbf T406 engine is produced)
The proposed TS3000 turbo shaft, delivering 3000HP could be a derivative of the Blackhawk engine, T700-TEI-701D. There is a version of this engine that delivers 3000HP already in the States. We just have to design one that is similar in output and doesn’t conflict with the US version from legal point of view.

Last edited:

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,079
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Not that looks matter, but I think it looks good.
The pictures and videos are still very low resolution and distorted, so let's wait for something in HD for our final judgements.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,608
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It looks ugly because the images so far are distorted as all hell.
They squished a 16:9 image into square format and then bent it 45 degrees or something, it looks like a bad picture of a paper document.
So I did some photoshop-fu. Here's an image capture from the engine start video:
ATAK 2 HELİKOPTERİ MOTOR ÇALIŞTIRDI! İŞTE İLK SIZAN GÖRÜNTÜLER!!! 0-13 screenshot.png

And here's the same image, with its "spine straightened out" to the best of my abilities
{F7631B96-13E8-4C0C-B9E7-6DC10328F1C6}.png

I'd say it looks fine. Kinda looks like a futurized Apache.

Attachments

• atak 2 en boy oranı düzelmiş(1).png
    atak 2 en boy oranı düzelmiş(1).png
    554.9 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

Angry Turk !!!

Reactions
3 1,005
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
They squished a 16:9 image into square format and then bent it 45 degrees or something, it looks like a bad picture of a paper document.
So I did some photoshop-fu. Here's an image capture from the engine start video:
View attachment 56607
And here's the same image, with its "spine straightened out" to the best of my abilities
View attachment 56608
I'd say it looks fine. On par with the mock-up and kinda looks like a futurized Apache.
Don't you think that the front looks quite different than the Mock-up?

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,864
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
View attachment 56607
View attachment 56608
And here's the most recent mock-up for comparison. The entire FLIR ball section looks tacked-on.
maxresdefault.jpg

I'd say it looks fine. On par with the mock-up and kinda looks like a futurized Apache.

This mock-up is of the old design which was supposed to be outfitted with two General Electric T700-701D at the time. Once TAI made the switch to ukrainian engines with more power ~3000shp the design changed.

Don't know why they continued to show this mock-up off even though it has nothing to do with the current design anymore, sadly.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom