Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
You don't need IMF estimations, OK then what is your numbers, tell us so we have some numbers to look at. You better start making some sense now.

I can see that you can't bear with anything good about Turkiye, so pathetic.
The 15000$ per capita is your estimation not IMF's

1671902565055.png

And no you are wrong about me, its damn annoying how the government keeps destroying the economy and people like you try to sugar coat numbers hence i have to counter your BS.
Other than that i enjoy the TF-X thread right now.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,215
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
And no you are wrong about me, its damn annoying how the government keeps destroying the economy and people like you try to sugar coat numbers hence i have to counter your BS.

My bullshit? I know about statistics and economy, I can talk.
Just like the opposition parties in Türkiye your claims are miserable, and out of touch with reality. I will not waste my time with you.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
My bullshit? I know about statistics and economy, I can talk.
Just like the opposition parties in Türkiye your claims are miserable, and out of touch with reality. I will not waste my time with you.
So, IMF says the GPD per capita is at 10k but you ''estimate'' its actually at 15k because you looked at Romanian numbers?
Bro never change, seriously. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,215
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
So, IMF says the GPD per capita is at 10k but you ''estimate'' its actually at 15k because you looked at Romanian numbers?
Bro never change, seriously. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
There is a certain correlation between nominal and PPP GDP numbers and Turkiye's numbers was PPP = 2.6 times the nominal for many years, however now it is 4 times as much which is because of exchange rate fluctuations. Starting next year once Turkiye becomes a natural gas hub there will be a possibility that Turkiye will sell gas on TL basis which will allow TL to start soaring and GDP will rise above $20k. This is my estimate so don't take this as a financial advise.

Last edited:

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
There is a certain relation between nominal and PPP GDP numbers and Turkiye's numbers was PPP = 2.6 times the nominal for many years, however now it is 4 as much which is because of exchange rate fluctuations. Starting next year once Turkiye becomes a natural gas hub there will be a possibility that Turkiye will sell gas on TL basis which which will allow TL to start soaring and GDP will rise above $20k. This is my estimate so don't take this as a financial advise.
Dont worry i was not planning on taking it as a financial advise. 😊

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
In your numbers, have you calculate the black economy in Turkiye, to estimate the real GDP?
You know the answer, and i know what your point is.
What you miss is that Turkey is not the only country with informal economy, im sure the one in Romania is much bigger comperatively.

So it makes no sense to make estimations with things that can not be measured.

Chocopie

Contributor
South Korea Correspondent
Reactions
33 1,953
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
South Korea
From 2002 -2017 Turkey had a stellar rise in nominal GDP, thought as West Asian Tiger state.

Vibrant economy, young generation of well-educated workforce, stabile fiscal policy. As a upper-middle income country it had $12,615 GDP per capita at its peak in 2013. Only concerns were that it had to escape the middle-income trap.

Don‘t want to get into inner politics but from what I‘ve heard, many talented, top-educated Turks leaving or not returning to the homeland. It‘s a great loss for Turkiye, all these people will settle in the West or US.

Last edited:

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,215
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
From 2002 -2017 Turkiye had a stellar rise in nominal GDP, thought as West Asian Tiger state.

Vibrant economy, young generation of well-educated workforce, stabile fiscal policy. As a upper-middle income country it had $12,615 GDP per capita at its peak in 2013. Only concerns were that it had to escape the middle-income trap.

Don‘t want to get into inner politics but from what I‘ve heard, many talented, top-educated Turks leaving or not returning to the homeland. It‘s a great loss for Turkiye, all these people will settle in the West or US.
On the contrary situation abroad is bad and people with high skills can find good opportunities at home rather than abroad. Many people who would look for opportunities abroad prefer to stay home where they belong. People who seek opportunities abroad have a tough lesson to learn and they will probably end up wanting to come back because the Turkish economy is on the rise now and there are lots of opportunities.

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,063
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
From 2002 -2017 Turkiye had a stellar rise in nominal GDP, thought as West Asian Tiger state.

that s not a bad thing

Chinese Taiwanese Korean and Turkiye went to West or US, and back with skill and know-how

These people created TSMS and Baykar

The Japanese didnt want to go overseas from 1990s,their economy and technology became worse and worse

Last edited:

Chocopie

Contributor
Reactions
33 1,953
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
South Korea
that s not a bad thing

Chinese Taiwanese Korean and Turkiye went to West or US, and back with skill and know-how

These people created TSMS and Baykar

The Japanese didnt want to go oversea from 1990s,their economy and technology became worse and worse
Meant all the top talented people who emigrate or don’t return because of difficult economic factors at home. Top Western educated people coming back home is a positive thing for any economy.

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,534
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey
On the contrary situation abroad is bad and people with high skills can find good opportunities at home rather than abroad. Many people who would look for opportunities abroad prefer to stay home where they belong. People who seek opportunities abroad have a tough lesson to learn and they will probably end up wanting to come back because the Turkish economy is on the rise now and there are lots of opportunities.
You know, economy is one of the factor that people want to go abroad. It's been two years since I left Turkey, not thinking going back. I have friends who dearly miss their families and friends and they want to to go back. Other than that I don't know anybody wanting to go back among my friends in my circle which are not only residing in Czech republic but in UK, Netherlands, Germany, Sweden nearly all of them scientist or engineers.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,215
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
You know, economy is one of the factor that people want to go abroad. It's been two years since I left Turkiye, not thinking going back. I have friends who dearly miss their families and friends and they want to to go back. Other than that I don't know anybody wanting to go back among my friends in my circle which are not only residing in Czech republic but in UK, Netherlands, Germany, Sweden nearly all of them scientist or engineers.
There must be a reason why they don't go back but you are not telling.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,215
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Like what? Are you implying they are criminal, feto member, terrorist sympathizers etc. No pal they are ordinary people.
But what do they like about where they are at? Good paying jobs that allow them to have a better life and save money or good life and job experience with satisfaction or what?

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
117 14,910
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
But what do they like about where they are at? Good paying jobs that allow them to have a better life and save money or good life and job experience with satisfaction or what?
All of the above.
I know of 2 guys who went to US who were KOC University graduates. They were offered starting salaries ranging from 8000TL to 18000TL in Turkey for jobs in IT. Their starting salaries in US were 3000 to 3500dollars. Now they are on 7000 to 10000dollars a month after 2 years. One of them has been accepted to Apple another one to Qualcom.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Like what? Are you implying they are criminal, feto member, terrorist sympathizers etc. No pal they are ordinary people.
The mentality at display again, im always amazed at the conclusion these people come to, must be the result of narrow mindedness.

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,534
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Safety, not to be killed in the middle of a traffic because you don't give way to be somebody, more relaxed life, better purchasing power, better environment to raise a kid, the governments who might no hostile your way of life. People which not put their nose to your daily life. Less mobbing at work,

Chocopie

Contributor
Reactions
33 1,953
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
South Korea
You know, economy is one of the factor that people want to go abroad. It's been two years since I left Turkiye, not thinking going back. I have friends who dearly miss their families and friends and they want to to go back. Other than that I don't know anybody wanting to go back among my friends in my circle which are not only residing in Czech republic but in UK, Netherlands, Germany, Sweden nearly all of them scientist or engineers.
It‘s often not solely about economic but also societal & political factors. No one leaves the homeland light-heartedly. But I didn‘t want to get in a political discussion, therefore I don‘t know enough about the inner workings of Turkish society.

Top Bottom