Environment Forestation, Desertification, Fires etc News & Update

Philips

Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Netherlands

We continue to rush to the aid of our citizens due to the flood disaster in Sinop and Kastamonu.

Helicopters of the TAF evacuated a total of 353 of our citizens, who were stranded in the region, to safe places thanks to the non-stop search and rescue operations they carried out in the region.

Philips

Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Netherlands
Minister Çavuşoğlu: “Our nation has been our greatest strength in overcoming these disasters”

I admire the Turkish government rapid and comprehensive involvement in the recent disasters. I've never seen such broad involvement from the various ministeries and government agencies in other countries. The political involvement and rescue efforts to the recent floods in Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium, pale in comparison to the Turkish rescue efforts.

Stuka

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Apparently a Beriev BE-200 Firefighting Plane Crashed in Kahramanmaras.

> 6 Russians and 2 Turkish Personnel inside the Plane.

1628945414075.png

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,956
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Not the news I wanted.

Allah Rahmet Eylesin. Really sad.

No chance that personnel survived that crash. Look at the wreckage .

Tonyukuk

Reactions
1 973
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Kazakhstan
Minister Çavuşoğlu: “Our nation has been our greatest strength in overcoming these disasters”

I admire the Turkish government rapid and comprehensive involvement in the recent disasters. I've never seen such broad involvement from the various ministeries and government agencies in other countries. The political involvement and rescue efforts to the recent floods in Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium, pale in comparison to the Turkish rescue efforts.
You have got to be kidding right?

AKP has done an abysmal job this whole time. Absolutely terrible preparations, lack of planes for fires, they authorized buildings in an area which no sane government would, and the list goes on and on. You're just making cheap propaganda for the government. If you love AKP so much come and live here instead of living comfortably in the Netherlands.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,725
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
You have got to be kidding right?

AKP has done an abysmal job this whole time. Absolutely terrible preparations, lack of planes for fires, they authorized buildings in an area which no sane government would, and the list goes on and on. You're just making cheap propaganda for the government. If you love AKP so much come and live here instead of living comfortably in the Netherlands.
While I didnt like the government response to the fires, I would like to be fair and say that no government on Earth was prepared for the fqery that happened worldwide tbh. You do realise that it was the hotest July in the world history right?
The AKP did lease a Russian firefighting plane b4 the forest fires began by a week or so based on the thought that the intensity would be similar to the recent years; yet the current fires, was worse than the last 10 years combined

In USA, which has an extended history with massive brutal forest fires, until nkw cant stop the raging fires that engulfed more than the land area of New York, Los Angeles, and California combined and yet still raging

In greece with their massive firefighting fleet of 30+ planes, yet couldnt extinguish their forest fires which were only less than half of what Turkey experienced. In fact, it was so bad that the ravaged Turkey had to actually send fire fighting planes and yet the fires are still ongoing while Turkey extinguished nearly all. Yet the media didnt talk about it and it was soon forgotten as a NORMAL thing which again is a fqing joke and just indicate how bad the west ajd the UAE control the media and what ppl hear and see

In Spain, Italy, Tunisia, and Algeria all were screwed up as well and the forest fires over there are still ongoing. Economies twice as that of Turkey and yet still failed as well

No government on Earth was prepared for what happened. It is just that the opposition found this as an opportunity to somehow dictate it as "failure" to respond to the fires and used their connections with foreign opposing forces in order to utilise their twitter bots and spread the word rapidly. What happened was a Fiasco and it made me hate the opposition even more but the ignorant masses as always gulped it like. This is egypt all over again but on a pretty larger scale tbh

However, all in all, AKP is still at fault for not properly maintaining their fire fighting fleets and buying even surplus of them. I mean no matter how small they are compared to European countries, they are still the 17th largest economy out there for God Sake so they must have money to pay for some planes rather than a residential building or two

Tonyukuk

Reactions
1 973
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Kazakhstan
While I didnt like the government response to the fires, I would like to be fair and say that no government on Earth was prepared for the fqery that happened worldwide tbh. You do realise that it was the hotest July in the world history right?
The AKP did lease a Russian firefighting plane b4 the forest fires began by a week or so based on the thought that the intensity would be similar to the recent years; yet the current fires, was worse than the last 10 years combined

In USA, which has an extended history with massive brutal forest fires, until nkw cant stop the raging fires that engulfed more than the land area of New York, Los Angeles, and California combined and yet still raging

In greece with their massive firefighting fleet of 30+ planes, yet couldnt extinguish their forest fires which were only less than half of what Turkey experienced. In fact, it was so bad that the ravaged Turkey had to actually send fire fighting planes and yet the fires are still ongoing while Turkey extinguished nearly all. Yet the media didnt talk about it and it was soon forgotten as a NORMAL thing which again is a fqing joke and just indicate how bad the west ajd the UAE control the media and what ppl hear and see

In Spain, Italy, Tunisia, and Algeria all were screwed up as well and the forest fires over there are still ongoing. Economies twice as that of Turkey and yet still failed as well

No government on Earth was prepared for what happened. It is just that the opposition found this as an opportunity to somehow dictate it as "failure" to respond to the fires and used their connections with foreign opposing forces in order to utilise their twitter bots and spread the word rapidly. What happened was a Fiasco and it made me hate the opposition even more but the ignorant masses as always gulped it like. This is egypt all over again but on a pretty larger scale tbh

However, all in all, AKP is still at fault for not properly maintaining their fire fighting fleets and buying even surplus of them. I mean no matter how small they are compared to European countries, they are still the 17th largest economy out there for God Sake so they must have money to pay for some planes rather than a residential building or two

While it's true that many countries were hit by fires, we literally had 3 firefighting planes. THREE. Who has been running the country for the past 20 years? Only they are responsible for this mess. That sort of f*ck up alone would cause the resignation of a leader who is honourable. But no, after countless times of being "tricked", after countless mistakes, Erdogan still doesn't want to resign. Do you know why? Because him, his family and his government have committed an endless list of crimes against the Turkish state and people.

It's funny how everyone here who isn't even Turkish or doesn't live in Turkey loves Erdogan and tries to support him against people who are actually here. Enough is enough. Look at the state we are in. The refugee count here is possibly 3x-4x the population of Albania, it's not just Syrians and Afghans, there's loads of Iranians, Iraqis, etc.

What you see with the management of fires and floods is just the tip of the iceberg my friend... We have a leader who sold his people for a couple of billion bucks.

He knows what he has gotten himself into, and if he ever loses power he is losing EVERYTHING. If he doesn't flee the country he will be put in prison for life. The floods, fires, and refugee crisis are just accelerating his demise, the opposition would be stupid not to call him out on these events and furthermore, the people of this nation will continue to suffer potentially for another decade or two if the opposition doesn't raise their voice at this time where AKP has massive chinks in their armour.

Also, stop comparing this with Egypt, it is a nonsensical comparison. Are you seriously trying to compare the opposition to Sisi? Buddy, your Erdogan is literally in bed with the USA, he sold the security of Turkish people to please Biden. Would Putin leave his borders open for refugees, allow millions including Taliban terrorists to enter, and block their entry into Europe for a few billion dollars? No, because he might be dictatorial like Erdogan, but he sure isn't a western puppet.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,704
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

Meteorological maps showing developments in Turkey.

Looks pretty bad.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom