Hasanrize

Committed member
Reactions
1 509
Nation of residence
Finland
Nation of origin
Turkey
No worries! Will be as transparent as humanly possible. And Radonsider will hopefully do a follow up report to wrap it all up. (will try to get more pictures this time).
I do not understand this; what does TUSAŞ aim to allow people in but not allow to take a picture? Last time someone from this forum (maybe it was you, I don't remember) went there, and TUSAŞ did not answer any questions.

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,963
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
I do not understand this; what does TUSAŞ aim to allow people in but not allow to take a picture? Last time someone from this forum (maybe it was you, I don't remember) went there, and TUSAŞ did not answer any questions.
Well here is the thing... People tend to analyze pictures. And that's not something TAI currently wants. I'll ask a couple of questions regarding their policies regardless, but don't expect a fundamentally different answer.

EDIT: Yep that was me. And come on man I answered some questions at least 😂

Last edited:

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,963
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
I wonder if I would be able to see TAI TİSU?
This will likely be my third visit. And every time I asked anything regarding TISU all I received was confused faces, and denials. Last time I went there, is was said that there were a couple of studies being performed. So I doubt it. I don't think that will be available for us to see.

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,541
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
This will likely be my third visit. And every time I asked anything regarding TISU all I received was confused faces, and denials. Last time I went there, is was said that there were a couple of studies being performed. So I doubt it. I don't think that will be available for us to see.
😞

Seoraksan

Reactions
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
South Korea

It is an industry-wide practice. The company may allow the public to watch its current activities, but could also prohibit them from taking any photo as a security measure. TAI has no obligation to answer any question that could lead to confidential information.

Having said that, I suspect TAI is keeping its lips tight because Hurjet prototypes are far from ready. The company would have run a massive PR campaign just like it did with Hurjet's fuel systems test facility if the company had nearly finished building prototypes and been ready to showcase the aircraft.

Last edited:

Siper>MMU

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,194
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Tusaş has been inviting universities defence industry clubs for technical visits. Sadly they only chosen 10 people from our school :/ I guess you guys are also going with your schools ?

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,541
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Tusaş has been inviting universities defence industry clubs for technical visits. Sadly they only chosen 10 people from our school :/ I guess you guys are also going with your schools ?
Nope, got a personal allowance

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,742
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Dear members please stay on topic in your posts. Also remember that this is a serious thread of the forum. Not a chat site!

zio

Reactions
4 456
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
TAI does not know every thing,look back hürkuş project,,they produced rapidly 15 of them but TAF did not accept it,and now we are trying to sell niger,chad,and managing to build Hürkuş 2 version ,there are many failed projects on military history,so I donot blame TAI but I wish projects go faster and secure because our contry needs urgently

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,963
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
TAI does not know every thing,look back hürkuş project,,they produced rapidly 15 of them but TAF did not accept it,and now we are trying to sell niger,chad,and managing to build Hürkuş 2 version ,there are many failed projects on military history,so I donot blame TAI but I wish projects go faster and secure because our contry needs urgently
Well we don't know much about the Hürkuş ordeal either. TAI is managing so many programs at the same time. The fact that HAL has only produced a handful of parts for the AMCA proves my point (correct me if I'm wrong but they're waiting for state approval as far as I know). There are two Hürjet prototypes on the final assembly line right now, doing all of this within a couple of months is impressive on its own right. It should also be mentioned that TAI, doesn't have experience designing supersonic aircraft. It's even more impressive in this regard. I'm also not mentioning the MMU, which will be transported to the final assembly line in the not too distant future. So TAI is relatively fast when you consider everything. Being too fast on the other hand, is NOT AT ALL ideal. We are going to hand these products over to our test pilots and to the Air Force later on. You can't take ANY shortcuts!

Fighter_35

Contributor
Reactions
1 739
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Hurkus has proved that TUSAŞ has a design capability. The problem is with this design it is not for trainees but for more experienced pilots at the moment. Hurkus is designed to be more agile and more aerodynamic than it's competitors. However, this also brought some disadvantages for new pilots.
Due this, air force wants a more suitable platform for training and hence TUSAŞ is improving hurkus with a new wing design for trainers.

Additionally, do not forget that Turkish army has high standards and expectations. Tb2 acceptance took 4 years!!

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom