Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
56 7,373
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I guess it's not a new tv channel but a web platform with publications on four languages, English, French, Swahili and Hausa. As TRT Arabic already exists, that would mean 4 of the biggest languages of the continent will be getting service. good work.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
77 10,602
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Afrika, as it is.....

TRT is launching a new digital platform TRTAfrika

Important step for our softpower in africa
Not only in the diplomatic and cultural spheres, but I think more importantly, for the first time in a long time, an unusual process of integration has begun in security policy and related industries. I'm not just talking about Libya, Somalia, Mali, Ethiopia and many other countries, but there is a broadening base of common interests. Particularly noteworthy is the rapprochement with Nigeria. From naval platforms to ground systems and even UAV production support, there is an unprecedented initiative. TR has traditionally been a key member of NATO and has a strong military tradition of training and equipping the armed forces and security forces of many countries, but the scale and scope now being achieved is at the forefront of TR's independently initiated African expansion.

baklava

Reactions
Nation of residence
Barbados
Nation of origin
Turkey
Not only in the diplomatic and cultural spheres, but I think more importantly, for the first time in a long time, an unusual process of integration has begun in security policy and related industries. I'm not just talking about Libya, Somalia, Mali, Ethiopia and many other countries, but there is a broadening base of common interests. Particularly noteworthy is the rapprochement with Nigeria. From naval platforms to ground systems and even UAV production support, there is an unprecedented initiative. TR has traditionally been a key member of NATO and has a strong military tradition of training and equipping the armed forces and security forces of many countries, but the scale and scope now being achieved is at the forefront of TR's independently initiated African expansion.
True! Also Türkiye is trading it's african partners with respect and on mutual interests instead of playing the new time colonialism cards.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
77 10,602
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Soon we will need a thread like 'Gulf-Iraq-Turkiye-Europe, international logistics and energy corridor | Developments and News'. There is a will between Iraq and Turkiye to revitalize this shared vision. This consensus has been reinforced by the recent visit of the highest level delegation from Iraq. We will see important steps following days.

One of the main asymmetric threats to this vision was the existence of the PKK.

Fsk_xlNWwAkUtZ-

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,085
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
I always had a feeling, Middle East is going to have a brighter future in the next decade.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
56 7,373
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
If Finland recognizes TRNC, Erdoğan can stay indefinitely as the god emperor.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,085
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
I will wait, probably just a misdrawing.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
77 10,602
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Soon we will need a thread like 'Gulf-Iraq-Turkiye-Europe, international logistics and energy corridor | Developments and News'. There is a will between Iraq and Turkiye to revitalize this shared vision. This consensus has been reinforced by the recent visit of the highest level delegation from Iraq. We will see important steps following days.

One of the main asymmetric threats to this vision was the existence of the PKK.

Fsk_xlNWwAkUtZ-
  • Direct connection with Gulf countries
  • Direct connection with Central Asian Turkic states.
This corner of world, where the logistics, rail and energy networks connects Europe with Asia and the Ocean through Asia Minor, with no external powers like the US, Russia (or some other regional factors which fueling instability in the region), could change the face of both the Middle East and Central Asia. Above is a map of an Arab-Turkish vision of prosperity with Iraq at its center, but there is a second, equally valuable vision with the Caspian at its center. To bring the Central Asian states to the open seas!

trans hazar.PNG

These two issues, together with perhaps a third vision of a Libya/Misrata-Africa logistics corridor, could shape the future of Europe. TR is an inseparable part of Europe's independent interests.
image3_d600.png

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,085
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
No offense, but this guy is an idiot.

Last edited:

Rooxbar

Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
41 1,432
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
No offense, but this guy is just an idiot.
He says some stuff purely for effect, but anyone who has read his books "Accidental Superpower" and "A Crucible of Nations" can get a sense of his erudition on geopolitics, which is nothing to scoff at. Not liking someone's analysis doesn't make them an idiot.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,085
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Not liking someone's analysis doesn't make them an idiot.
No, and i guess my choice of word was wrong.
The more accurate description would be, from time to time he 'purposefully' like to be 'delusional'
Specially given those ridiculous claims and absurd assertions that he makes (this trend grew significantly in recent time when it comes to the matter of PRC, suddenly he just travels to an alternate universe in his analysis) in a subject that he claims to be an expert on.

Other than that he sounds less radical but lacks depth and quality in his analysis. Rather, he puts too much emphasis on quantitative data.

And clearly he has a favorable view of Turks. ( And that is not my issue )

Anyway, let's agree to disagree. Obviously your assessment of his geopolitical analysis is different than mine.

Here's a fun fact.
According to him, 'even though Pakistan has a massive corrupt system, but it looks like Sweden when compared to Bangladesh.'🤣

Last edited:

Rooxbar

Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
41 1,432
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't agree with him probs on 70% of his analysis, but he definitely is a well-read, intelligent person. Intelligent well-read people can have horribly ignorant views when they get out of their comfort zones; one of my heroes and one of the most well-known public intellectuals in Turkey, Celal Şengör, is probably one of the most intelligent people I know (well even if you disagree on that, it'd be very hard to dispute his prodigious gargantuan memory) but at the same time as being very intelligent, insightful and having the best memory of anybody I know (I know a lot of intelligent people from many different countries), a lot of his views are sometimes just empirically wrong, completely dogmatically held biases and just outright falsehoods and he even doesn't entertain the possibility of those views or ideas being wrong, because he's just so sure of himself. Now I make that example to show how people having crazy, wrong or biased opinions doesn't have much bearing on their intelligence or erudition. Zeihan has many ignorant, crazy and manifestly erroneous ideas and opinions but he's a very intelligent and insightful person from whom I've learned many things, and these two things (many wrong opinions/being insightful and intelligent) are not mutually exclusive. Actually a lot of times they go hand in hand.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,822
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't agree with him probs on 70% of his analysis, but he definitely is a well-read, intelligent person. Intelligent well-read people can have horribly ignorant views when they get out of their comfort zones; one of my heroes and one of the most well-known public intellectuals in Turkey, Celal Şengör, is probably one of the most intelligent people I know (well even if you disagree on that, it'd be very hard to dispute his prodigious gargantuan memory) but at the same time as being very intelligent, insightful and having the best memory of anybody I know (I know a lot of intelligent people from many different countries), a lot of his views are sometimes just empirically wrong, completely dogmatically held biases and just outright falsehoods and he even doesn't entertain the possibility of those views or ideas being wrong, because he's just so sure of himself. Now I make that example to show how people having crazy, wrong or biased opinions doesn't have much bearing on their intelligence or erudition. Zeihan has many ignorant, crazy and manifestly erroneous ideas and opinions but he's a very intelligent and insightful person from whom I've learned many things, and these two things (many wrong opinions/being insightful and intelligent) are not mutually exclusive. Actually a lot of times they go hand in hand.

Taking history from Celal Sengor is like taking doctor lessons from Kadir Misiroglu.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,839
Nation of residence
United Kingdom

This guy gives generally good geopolitical information because i suspect he's well read and repeats what others already concluded a long time ago. But he's also insanely ignorant. As an example I remember reading one his twitter posts where he claimed that no woman can walk around Turkey without a hijab on. I mean how ignorant or intentionally hostile do you have to be make such an outlandish claim.

Then comparing us to the farengi is absolute bullshit. up until very recently the americans, engish, french and germans were of magnitudes larger trade partners then Turkiye ever was.

He never wants to mention the hostility and prejudice Turks face from the US and EU and does that typical white man thing where if you don't do what want, what they demand as if you are some slave whose been plucked from africa, they prejudice you with backhanded insults and statements of contempt.

Peter your nato boys sided with Russia against Turkiye in Syria, your boys are literally arming marxist terrorists to harm our nation, to murder our people, men women and children.

Also peter zion Turks were arming Ukraine from day one, your boys threatened us not to sell Ukraine drones. Without those drones during the first few weeks of this war, maybe today Ukraine is Russia.

And eastern europeans be just of weary of the anglo-american order as you are of the Russian order. They want to use you for their own ambitions as much as they try to use Turkiye.

Rooxbar

Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
41 1,432
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
This guy gives generally good geopolitical information because i suspect he's well read and repeats what others already concluded a long time ago. But he's also insanely ignorant. As an example I remember reading one his twitter posts where he claimed that no woman can walk around Turkey without a hijab on. I mean how ignorant or intentionally hostile do you have to be make such an outlandish claim.

Then comparing us to the farengi is absolute bullshit. up until very recently the americans, engish, french and germans were of magnitudes larger trade partners then Turkiye ever was.

He never wants to mention the hostility and prejudice Turks face from the US and EU and does that typical white man thing where if you don't do what want, what they demand as if you are some slave whose been plucked from africa, they prejudice you with backhanded insults and statements of contempt.

Peter your nato boys sided with Russia against Turkiye in Syria, your boys are literally arming marxist terrorists to harm our nation, to murder our people, men women and children.

Also peter zion Turks were arming Ukraine from day one, your boys threatened us not to sell Ukraine drones. Without those drones during the first few weeks of this war, maybe today Ukraine is Russia.

And eastern europeans be just of weary of the anglo-american order as you are of the Russian order. They want to use you for their own ambitions as much as they try to use Turkiye.
True. Just to add to this I have to mention that he's an asset of U.S. state department. U.S. state department and C.I.A have a long history of fear-mongering, overblowing opposition to U.S. hegemonic standing (from Soviets in the cold war, and from China now), downplaying U.S. military power, etc. to be able to create this image of weakening U.S. to manufacture consent among their population for higher and higher military spending. So his whole geopolitical analysis has an agenda, and serves certain interests. You can learn from him, after you know what his agenda is.

I posted the video, because I somewhat agree on his assessment of what an ideal resolution to Ukraine war would look like from a Turkish perspective, i.e. if it ended right now or anytime in the future, with a stalemate: Russia not being able to take control of Odessa, the West not being able to completely pacify Russia; ideal would be if there was deal to take Crimea from Russia, and then give the eastern regions, but that is just too much wishful thinking.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom