DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,735
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
How this is an insult ?
Erdogan officially surrendered to MBS and MBZ...
I meant on how the head of the Turkish state wasnt greeted by MBS at first but then I heard that MBS met with the new Pakistani PM first since he arrived earlier than Erdogan; so that is water under the bridge I guess

@HaZZan if we went with your thoughts, then not only Turkey but the US, and Europe have surrendered to MBS as well. In fact, Erdo with his weaker geopolitical influence, economy, and military compared to the West should gain credit for surviving against MBS more than the West did

Now dont get me wrong though, I dont like the fact that Turkey made peace with MBS again but for many ppl worldwide and even in this forum to actually ridicule Erdogan and call him a traitor for making peace with MBS is stupidity and short-sightedness; some members even called it an act of "traitors". I still dont understand how is this a traitorous act from Erdogan as some members proclaimed in this forum

Fqing bullshit! Why should Turkey protect a US-based journalist when even the West itself, primarily headed by the US itself, betrayed Kashoggi
So when Erdo stands for the rights of a US journalists being killed in a foreign consulate, he is anti-US and a bad guy and when he doesnt he is a dictator and we all forgot that the US is promoting pro-PKK assholes like Kavala? Hahaha ppl are just outright crazy tbh

Fqing farce I swear

The only thing I didnt like about the incident is that even the head of the Turkish state, Erdogan, doesnt dare to even kill a journalist in his own land yet a foreign power just went and cut a journalist into pieces within 15 minutes in its consulate in Turkey; that is an insult IMO

Anyway, Turkish foreign policy headed by Erdogan recently has been way too good that it is giving me shivers tbh. Rn, Erdo is just focusing on how much Turkey will gain regardless of what other nations think and all of that started with the East-Med escalation in 2020 between Greece and Turkey; thus, I guess there is a silver lining from the conflict after all since Turkey's main priority rn is trying to cut Greece's main sort of funds and support which has been made clear when the UAE recentky refused to participate in Greek-led military exercises even though they were participating for the last 2 years

Literally some1 with brains understand the situation👇 It is okay for those who claim to be the free world to ignore Kashoggi (a US based journalist) but bad for Turkey to ignore him? Hahahaha

Nykyus

Committed member
Russia Correspondent
Reactions
4 617
Nation of residence
Russia
Nation of origin
Russia
Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan are poor countries that have become much more impoverished after separating from the USSR. They do not have natural resources (oil, gas), they have a small territory, mostly covered with mountains. Therefore, their men mostly go to work in Russia, where they are called guest workers. In Central Russia, Russian racists treat Tajiks and Kyrgyz as second-class people, they can easily kill.
Kyrgyz in Yakutia do not differ in appearance from Yakuts, attend mosques, earn money as taxi drivers, hairdressers, and so on.
Tajiks work on the construction of stone buildings in cities.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,129
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan are poor countries that have become much more impoverished after separating from the USSR. They do not have natural resources (oil, gas), they have a small territory, mostly covered with mountains. Therefore, their men mostly go to work in Russia, where they are called guest workers. In Central Russia, Russian racists treat Tajiks and Kyrgyz as second-class people, they can easily kill.
Kyrgyz in Yakutia do not differ in appearance from Yakuts, attend mosques, earn money as taxi drivers, hairdressers, and so on.
Tajiks work on the construction of stone buildings in cities.

Some Yakuts are Muslim 😮

the

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Don't be surprised if a portion of Aselsan's shares a sold to Saudi Arabia in return for some pointless swap agreement.

Nykyus

Committed member
Russia Correspondent
Reactions
4 617
Nation of residence
Russia
Nation of origin
Russia
Some Yakuts are Muslim 😮
Yes, I heard about Muslim Yakuts. There are only a few of them out of many hundreds of thousands, that is, very few. Mosques built by visiting Kyrgyz, Uzbeks, Azerbaijanis

Nykyus

Committed member
Russia Correspondent
Reactions
4 617
Nation of residence
Russia
Nation of origin
Russia
The Yakuts also reject the Orthodox faith, but tend more towards the ancient faith, Tengrianism.
On the basis of Tengrianism, they tried to unite culturally from Mongolia to Hungary, Bulgaria. Kurultai were held annually. But in recent years, no one has heard about it, and the Tengri Org website has disappeared. There was a Sakha-Turkish school in Yakutia, which was closed. Later, when I found out, they said that the Sakha-Turkish school was connected with Fethullah Gülen.

Last edited:

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,129
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
The Yakuts also reject the Orthodox faith, but tend more towards the ancient faith, Tengrianism.
On the basis of Tengrianism, they tried to unite culturally from Mongolia to Hungary, Bulgaria. Kurultai were held annually. But in recent years, no one has heard about it, and the Tengri Org website has disappeared. There was a Sakha-Turkish school in Yakutia, which was closed. Later, when I found out, they said that the Sakha-Turkish school was connected with Fethullah Gülen.

Damn thats pretty interesting.

When the Turks became Muslim you had some of the Muslim Turks who tried to impose Islam as the sole religion.

Mainly political because they wanted one state under one religion.

Basically 1 God and 1 state to rule everybody.

You cant impose your will on nomads only effective place is urban areas. Urban areas basically became Muslim over time while rural areas and the non urban areas basically non existent.

Ottomans and Seljuks had the same problem they could rule and impose their will ob thr city populace but when it came to nomads and tribes it was hard to impose your rule.

Ottomans and the Seljuks did not antagonise every tribe or nomad due to rebellions that would spread also they needed them as soldiers especially as cavalryman.

Turks were the finest horse riders. Horses have always formed the backbone of every Turkic army in history. Live and die by the horse.

Horses were so sacred they were buried alongside their riders. Thats how strong the relationship was.

HaZZan

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Algeria
Nation of origin
Western Sahara
I meant on how the head of the Turkish state wasnt greeted by MBS at first but then I heard that MBS met with the new Pakistani PM first since he arrived earlier than Erdogan; so that is water under the bridge I guess

@HaZZan if we went with your thoughts, then not only Turkey but the US, and Europe have surrendered to MBS as well. In fact, Erdo with his weaker geopolitical influence, economy, and military compared to the West should gain credit for surviving against MBS more than the West did

Now dont get me wrong though, I dont like the fact that Turkey made peace with MBS again but for many ppl worldwide and even in this forum to actually ridicule Erdogan and call him a traitor for making peace with MBS is stupidity and short-sightedness; some members even called it an act of "traitors". I still dont understand how is this a traitorous act from Erdogan as some members proclaimed in this forum

Fqing bullshit! Why should Turkey protect a US-based journalist when even the West itself, primarily headed by the US itself, betrayed Kashoggi
So when Erdo stands for the rights of a US journalists being killed in a foreign consulate, he is anti-US and a bad guy and when he doesnt he is a dictator and we all forgot that the US is promoting pro-PKK assholes like Kavala? Hahaha ppl are just outright crazy tbh

Fqing farce I swear

The only thing I didnt like about the incident is that even the head of the Turkish state, Erdogan, doesnt dare to even kill a journalist in his own land yet a foreign power just went and cut a journalist into pieces within 15 minutes in its consulate in Turkey; that is an insult IMO

Anyway, Turkish foreign policy headed by Erdogan recently has been way too good that it is giving me shivers tbh. Rn, Erdo is just focusing on how much Turkey will gain regardless of what other nations think and all of that started with the East-Med escalation in 2020 between Greece and Turkey; thus, I guess there is a silver lining from the conflict after all since Turkey's main priority rn is trying to cut Greece's main sort of funds and support which has been made clear when the UAE recentky refused to participate in Greek-led military exercises even though they were participating for the last 2 years

Literally some1 with brains understand the situation👇 It is okay for those who claim to be the free world to ignore Kashoggi (a US based journalist) but bad for Turkey to ignore him? Hahahaha
What Erdogan did was not treason but a sign of weakness. After what happened to the Turkish lira, Turkey showed many signs of weakness. If you fail to fix your economy just resign and give a chance to others Instead of appearing in humiliating situations like this, humiliating for you as a person and for your country.

AWP

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,403
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Palestine
Don't be surprised if a portion of Aselsan's shares a sold to Saudi Arabia in return for some pointless swap agreement.

why at every erdogan visit people speculate that aselsan shares will be sold ?

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,735
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Wont happen tbh
Since if this was possible, then he would have sold it to either Qatar or UAE before KSA as the prospects of earning money from them is higher

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,129
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
What Erdogan did was not treason but a sign of weakness. After what happened to the Turkish lira, Turkey showed many signs of weakness. If you fail to fix your economy just resign and give a chance to others Instead of appearing in humiliating situations like this, humiliating for you as a person and for your country.

Erdogan is stubborn thats the problem.

He humiliated us against the Gulf arabs.

He should be happy he does not live in Ottomans times because he would have copped it with a trial, execution or even exile. Ottomans dont tolerate humilation or weakness.

M

Manomed

Yes, I heard about Muslim Yakuts. There are only a few of them out of many hundreds of thousands, that is, very few. Mosques built by visiting Kyrgyz, Uzbeks, Azerbaijanis
Tbh most of the Turkmens who came to anatolia or Mena wasn't muslim either they were muslim in just name.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,735
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
What ppl really need to understand is that the recent Turkish offensive charm didnt start because of the lira devaluation but because of the Turkish-Greek tensions. When the Turkish-Greek tensions peaked in 2020, KSA and UAE supplied Greece with tons of money and weapons exchange including advanced jets like F15s amd Patriots; this didnt suit Turkey's situation as such idiotic monarchs are filled with money and may aid Greece in many ways

The last thing Erdo wants is a rich Greece. He already has problems with Russia due to the conflicts in Libya, Syria, and Karabakh as well as conflicts with the US due to the PKK in Syria and Iraq. He is fighting against Iranian militias and competing against their influence in Iraq. Therefore, if the ruch Gulf monarchs are involved as well then Erdogan literally made enemies on all sides of the political spectrum

A proof of that is when UAE, for the first time in 2 years, declined Greece's invitation to participate in their recent international military exercises

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,129
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkish foreign policy should not just teach Turkish but should also revive Chagatai.

It would be cool to see old Turkic languages being revived.

Ottoman Turkish is being revived as a historical language in Turkiye which is fine I dont see Ottoman Turkish suceeding Modern Turkish because Modern Turkish has already suceeded Ottoman Turkish I see it more of a historical thing to learn and I actually respect people who try to learn the old stuff. Turkic world should revive old Turkic languages.

Im always curious about the old and how it evolved to modern day speakers.

Diictodon

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom