TR Foreign Policy & Geopolitics

godel44

Reactions
8 421
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
@Spitfire9 was merely pointing out that Erdogan conducted himself tactlessly. It is possible to criticize/insult someone if you wish without being so...inelegant about it. Erdogan has been leader of Turkey for 20+ years now and he still behaves like somebody that walked out of Nardaran yesterday.

Agreed on that point. I also find Erdogan to be tactless with quite an abrasive style, especially according to European standards. The point stands however that him being elegant would not change the sanctions. Putting the blame of all of European absurdities on Erdogan's communication style is not correct. Being pro-PKK is surely much worse than being tactless.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
8 3,867
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Where is the manipulation in the post I passed on? Turkiye does not have good diplomatic relations with France, Germany or Sweden. Like it or dislike it, that is the case, is it not?
Lets go step by step, shall we?

- F-35 and probably F-15X and F/A-18E/F too (S-400 affair),
Correct on the F-35(although we do have our suspicions.)
I reckon F-15 and F/A-18 would be sold if asked, however investing into these platforms while KAAN is underway is superfluous as you'd agree.
- Rafale (Diplomatic relations with France, Greece and Cyprus),
Also mostly correct. However, the French have this habit of selling gear to both sides. (see Ethiopia-Egypt)
So they would probably sell if asked.
- Eurofighter (Diplomatic relations with Germany),
This one's a doozie.
The reluctance of Germans on this matter, and the general hostility coming from the Germans on all things Türkiye, cannot be handwaved away as "diplomatic oopsie-woopsies"
They risk the ire of their partners and domestic economic ruin with their stubbornness, and yet they remain steadfast in their way!
This can only be the result of 2 things:
  1. Extensive Jewish influence on German politics
  2. Genuine geopolitical rivalry as perceived by Germany(this one's more likely, based on my personal interactions with political-minded Germans)
So, I don't think there would be any change in that behavior, no matter the diplomatic finesse.
- Gripen (Diplomatic tensions with Sweden),
No such thing seems to remain. Looks like Erdogan got a favorable deal from that, and both sides are humming along nicely.
The problem with the Gripen is that
  1. Not ITAR-free, meaning that the US would be involved in sales, complicating things.
  2. A bit of an odd duck, and a downgrade compared to the F-16, let alone the rest.
  3. Platforms with similar capabilities are already in development domestically. (Have you seen Hurjet recently? She's a beaut!)
- Su-30/Su-35 (NATO incompatibility)
Well, that's not up to anyone alive these days, innit?
Erdoğan wasn't even born yet when Türkiye joined NATO.

You may noticed that I referred to "Turkish Air Force" and "Erdoğan" interchangeably.
That's because that in the eyes of the the lad who written that text, those two are the same thing.
In his smug, arrogant mind, Türkiye is a banana republic where whatever the leader say, goes. And they also probably ride camels to work! He is either ignorant, or deceitfully neglectful of the fact that Turkish Air force is an institution with its own culture, traditions and mindset, as it is with its NATO peers, and as it should be.

IMO, this orientalist, arrogant mindset is not just the evil behind the argument stated on the text, but also the reason that the deterioration of relations between Türkiye and Europe in general (excluding Sweden, they seem to be alright as of now.) is taking place.
From the writer of that stupid text, to the higher-ups of the EU, the Europeans seem to be enveloped in a state of total obliviousness, a wrathful habit of irreverence and an unfounded sense of superiority so thick that they got lung cancer from inhaling nothing but their own farts!

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom