Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Sir, I'm talking about Hurjet, not TFX. Hurjet is supposed to fly on March 18th 2023, but the first prototype will be finished by the end of 2022.

IMO maybe Erdogan has some influence on it, making them skip some ground test phase to get some political scores. 2023 is something important for him right ? ( General Election ).

Just my speculation since I believe there is some procedure that should be met before doing maiden flight, thorough ground test first before maiden flight. Normally it takes 1 year at minimum while some planes can be even longer like Indonesian N 219.

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
31 4,904
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Hürjet prototype will be ready in late Q1 or early Q2 of 2022.
This is from @Cabatli_53 from the last page;
"Öztürk: Our project(Hürjet) is progressing very fast. We plan to complete this aircraft by the end of 2022. "

Which one is true?

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,709
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is from @Cabatli_53 from the last page;
"Öztürk: Our project(Hürjet) is progressing very fast. We plan to complete this aircraft by the end of 2022. "

Which one is true?
That is the flight prototype. There will be prototypes for ground testing more like mock-ups. Do you remember Akıncı load test?

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
31 4,904
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
That is the flight prototype. There will be prototypes for ground testing more like mock-ups. Do you remember Akıncı load test?

Now it's clear. Thanks. I wish we had some pics of Hurjet's assembly.

Last edited:

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
According to this timeline, there is a delay of approximately 6 months for the Hürjet P1 prototype. The Hürjet P1 experimental prototype together with the Hürkus-B avionics was planned to be ready by September 2021 but now Hurjet-P1 will come off the production line in March 2022 and will start ground tests in the new process.

Em1D_XyXUAAZwVl.jpg:large

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
During this process, serious changes were made on Hürjet. Design studies were carried out on different engine alternatives. Feasibility studies were carried out for the aircraft carrier takeoff-landing variant. This studies will be reflected in the wing area and the design of the landing gear. There are serious differences between the first Hürjet values and the current ones. Hürjet's length which was 13 meters before, is now 13.6 meters. The wingspan was reduced from 9.8m to 9.5m. Wing area of 24m2 was increased to 35m2.

Spook

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
During this process, serious changes were made on Hürjet. Design studies were carried out on different engine alternatives. Feasibility studies were carried out for the aircraft carrier takeoff-landing variant. This studies will be reflected in the wing area and the design of the landing gear. There are serious differences between the first Hürjet values and the current ones. Hürjet's length which was 13 meters before, is now 13.6 meters. The wingspan was reduced from 9.8m to 9.5m. Wing area of 24m2 was increased to 35m2.

avf16_4_01.png

35m2 wing area? Closest aircraft in the F16 form with that wing area is Mitsubishi F-2, (length, wingspan aside). New wing design will look somewhat similar to that maybe?

AWP

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,403
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Palestine
I think the Hürjet will be stealth aircraft with internal payload chamber + possibility for external armament extensions .

Beast-Mode.jpg

something like this but on a small scale

S

Sinan

Don't rely on charts or even on statements of top officials.

Engine development projects, Altay Tank project, Milgem Project, they all had enormous delays or like the regional passenger plane project which got cancelled without a word.

I completely lost my faith on our institutions as corruption in our country reached enormous levels. This whole project may even be farce for the political gains of one man.

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,977
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
I think the Hürjet will be stealth aircraft with internal payload chamber + possibility for external armament extensions .

Beast-Mode.jpg

something like this but on a small scale
Nah. Giving the Hürjet stealth capabilities would be pretty pointless. Not only would the costs go haywire, it would also complicate the process. There would have to be drastic changes in its design. That is not what the Turkish Air Force needs at this time. Hürjet is still a jet trainer.

Lonewolf

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
Nah. Giving the Hürjet stealth capabilities would be pretty pointless. Not only would the costs go haywire, it would also complicate the process. There would have to be drastic changes in its design. That is not what the Turkish Air Force needs at this time. Hürjet is still a jet trainer.
Isn't design already frozen , and the way they are designing it is for a 4 the gen light fighter class in future , stealth is and should not be on cards

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,709
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
According to this timeline, there is a delay of approximately 6 months for the Hürjet P1 prototype. The Hürjet P1 experimental prototype together with the Hürkus-B avionics was planned to be ready by September 2021 but now Hurjet-P1 will come off the production line in March 2022 and will start ground tests in the new process.

Em1D_XyXUAAZwVl.jpg:large
This fits well with the info I have.

Hürjet will be a trainer aircraft. Light attack version will come out after 2025.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,709
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Hürjet lost 6 months on design studies required for different engines. But all proposed engines were very similar in dimensions thrust and weight.
It will be very hard to redesign TF-X for different engines unless an alternative engine with similar measurements and weight can be found.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom