Profchaos

Reactions
1 278
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Tei is developing an engine for Hürjet.

Detail part production of Hürjet is started in last quarter of this year. Final assembly will begin in 2022 July. First flight of PT1 will be in 2023 March-April, PT2 will follow on September 2023. PT2 will have weapons carrying capability. These are what I learned there.
According to kotil tei is not develoing hurjet engines. In CNN he said that they think they wont have problems with permissions for the engines since its a trainer so there is no work on a hurjet engine.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Tei is developing an engine for Hürjet.

Detail part production of Hürjet is started in last quarter of this year. Final assembly will begin in 2022 July. First flight of PT1 will be in 2023 March-April, PT2 will follow on September 2023. PT2 will have weapons carrying capability. These are what I learned there.

Assembly of Hürjet P1 experimental prototype (with Hürkus-B avionics) has already started. What they said to you must be about P2 (final configuation) prototype that real avionic, mission computer and weapon package will be integrated.

Siper>MMU

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,194
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Assembly of Hürjet P1 experimental prototype (with Hürkus-B avionics) has already started. What they said to you must be about P2 (final configuation) prototype that real avionic and mission computer package will be integrated.
Final assembly will start or finish in 2022 July. I guess they meant final assembly as a sort of roll out.

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,949
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
It seems we have chosen Akaer Group as a partner on the Hurjet program. Didn't know that was the case... They're responsible for developing and detailing structural design, performing structural calculations, installing the rear fuselage, installing the empennages and producing parts of the central fuselage. I know Mr. Kotil said the company was looking for international support for the Hurjet program but damn lol.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,744
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
It seems we have chosen Akaer Group as a partner on the Hurjet program. Didn't know that was the case... They're responsible for developing and detailing structural design, performing structural calculations, installing the rear fuselage, installing the empennages and producing parts of the central fuselage. I know Mr. Kotil said the company was looking for international support for the Hurjet program but damn lol.
I remember watching a documentary about brazil sending thousands of youngsters to become aviation engineer in the US back in the 70-90 or so, and managed to build an industry that was 3rd biggest. I don't know if that's still the case today, but I'd assume they have a lot of engineers and people who know aviation better than most countries :)

I mean they built the embraer if I recall correct.

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,949
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
I remember watching a documentary about brazil sending thousands of youngsters to become aviation engineer in the US back in the 70-90 or so, and managed to build an industry that was 3rd biggest. I don't know if that's still the case today, but I'd assume they have a lot of engineers and people who know aviation better than most countries :)

I mean they built the embraer if I recall correct.
Oh I'm glad it's a Brazilian company actually. I was just surprised by the amount of involvement. Especially considering it's a single company providing all this support.

Stuka

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

AKAER GROUP IS RESPONSIBLE FOR DEVELOPING PARTS OF TURKISH ADVANCED TRAINER​

Akaer participates in the HÜRJET program, of the Turkish Aerospace Industry (TAI), and brings news to “Dubai Airshow”.
The national company is concluding the development of the structure and systems of the aft fuselage of the first prototype of the new aircraft. Internationally recognized, Akaer is present at the fair together with aerospace and defense industries from around the world.

The HÜRJET is an advanced training and light attack aircraft for two occupants in a tandem configuration. Capable of operating at supersonic speeds and equipped with modern avionics, it was designed to meet the demand for trainers capable of preparing pilots for the challenges brought by the new 5th generation fighter jets.

TAI selected Akaer as a partner for the development and detailing of the structural design, structural calculation and installation of rear fuselage systems, parts of the central fuselage and installation of the HÜRJET empennages due to the recognized expertise already demonstrated in similar programs.
“The biggest challenge in this project was to review the design and have all the documentation for the first prototype released in an extremely challenging timeframe. Meeting this challenge was only possible due to the large amount of baggage accumulated in the development of complex aeronautical products for the defense, executive and civil aviation sectors, serving large OEM's such as Embraer and Saab. Our history of success in similar programs and a qualified team allows us to make commitments and overcome technical challenges while meeting established schedules”, highlighted the VP of Operations (COO) Fernando Ferraz.

This project required the engagement of a significant team of engineers and technicians specialized in the areas of structural analysis, structures and systems design, systems engineering, manufacturing engineering, quality and certification, working in an integrated manner with teams from both companies located in the offices in Brazil and Turkey.

“The volume of work was quite significant, especially considering several trips in the midst of a pandemic that practically paralyzed countries and made it extremely difficult for the teams to move. But, with seriousness and responsibility, we overcome this challenge and, best of all, guaranteeing the safety and integrity of everyone involved. We are finalizing the last documents of the first prototype and we are going to start studies for the second one, always looking for the improvement and optimization of the product”, highlighted Ferraz.

Turkey is fast becoming a very important player in the defense market, with a preponderant focus on capacity building and development of the local industry, always having as reference the highest technological standards. Within this scenario, the selection of Akaer as TAI's preferred technological partner in its most important projects is a great honor and crowns the company's internationalization efforts, which has established itself as an important supplier of integrated solutions.

Last edited:

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,727
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

AKAER GROUP IS RESPONSIBLE FOR DEVELOPING PARTS OF TURKISH ADVANCED TRAINER​

Akaer participates in the HÜRJET program, of the Turkish Aerospace Industry (TAI), and brings news to “Dubai Airshow”.
The national company is concluding the development of the structure and systems of the aft fuselage of the first prototype of the new aircraft. Internationally recognized, Akaer is present at the fair together with aerospace and defense industries from around the world.

The HÜRJET is an advanced training and light attack aircraft for two occupants in a tandem configuration. Capable of operating at supersonic speeds and equipped with modern avionics, it was designed to meet the demand for trainers capable of preparing pilots for the challenges brought by the new 5th generation fighter jets.

TAI selected Akaer as a partner for the development and detailing of the structural design, structural calculation and installation of rear fuselage systems, parts of the central fuselage and installation of the HÜRJET empennages due to the recognized expertise already demonstrated in similar programs.
“The biggest challenge in this project was to review the design and have all the documentation for the first prototype released in an extremely challenging timeframe. Meeting this challenge was only possible due to the large amount of baggage accumulated in the development of complex aeronautical products for the defense, executive and civil aviation sectors, serving large OEM's such as Embraer and Saab.
Our history of success in similar programs and a qualified team allows us to make commitments and overcome technical challenges while meeting established schedules”, highlighted the VP of Operations (COO) Fernando Ferraz.

This project required the engagement of a significant team of engineers and technicians specialized in the areas of structural analysis, structures and systems design, systems engineering, manufacturing engineering, quality and certification, working in an integrated manner with teams from both companies located in the offices in Brazil and Turkey.

“The volume of work was quite significant, especially considering several trips in the midst of a pandemic that practically paralyzed countries and made it extremely difficult for the teams to move. But, with seriousness and responsibility, we overcome this challenge and, best of all, guaranteeing the safety and integrity of everyone involved. We are finalizing the last documents of the first prototype and we are going to start studies for the second one, always looking for the improvement and optimization of the product”, highlighted Ferraz.

Turkey is fast becoming a very important player in the defense market, with a preponderant focus on capacity building and development of the local industry, always having as reference the highest technological standards. Within this scenario, the selection of Akaer as TAI's preferred technological partner in its most important projects is a great honor and crowns the company's internationalization efforts, which has established itself as an important supplier of integrated solutions.

Just a small comment on above;
We all know that Saab Gripen jet fighter has one of the best airframes in it’s class. This makes it very agile and achieve mach 2 speeds with a version of F404 engine developing 18100lbf.
Akaer group has been instrumental in the development of the Saab Gripen. They have spent over half a million hours in the development of the airframe and rear section of Gripen.

It looks like this is the right address!

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mr Demir: "The studies of our HÜRJET aircraft continue. Modifications were made to make it not just a jet trainer but an aircraft with certain combat capabilities."

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,949
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Mr Demir: "The studies of our HÜRJET aircraft continue. Modifications were made to make it not just a jet trainer but an aircraft with certain combat capabilities."
This news isn't new. We already knew TAI would modify the design. I do wonder what he means by "certain combat capabilities" though.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
This news isn't new. We already knew TAI would modify the design. I do wonder what he means by "certain combat capabilities" though.

Of course, this issue is not new but we have to present such important words that come out of the mouth of the officials to the archive of the forum and to the view of our members.

Abdelaziz

Contributor
Reactions
1 821
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Lebanon
But this will cause troubles with the engines licences

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,949
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Of course, this issue is not new but we have to present such important words that come out of the mouth of the officials to the archive of the forum and to the view of our members.
Oh yeah no doubt. Much appreciated. Did Mr. Demir say anything else regarding Hurjet?

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
TAI's Malaysia office will be opened. Temel KOTİL will sign a MoU with Malaysian CTRM institute for HürJet.

1637742737017.png

Last edited:

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I hope the address, phone number, and e-mail of Malaysian office can be posted in TAI website

Top Bottom