Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
33 19,542
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Tbh, I am also waiting for the boom sound, that's what the kid in me wants to hear. It'd be like when our first AShM was launched, you never forget the goosebumps. I'll just wait for official declaration then.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
33 19,542
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
So this was a peek into super sonic. Will they check data and see if anything unexpected has happened with the frame ? Then afterwards they'll conduct further super sonic flights longer time ?

KAAN

Reactions
1 220
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It is not known when it happens, but towards the end of the flight-envelope opening tests, they will see the maximum speed of the aircraft, this flight consisted of a short supersonic sequence focused on testing whether or not to overcome the barrier

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
136 15,935
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
In supersonic aircrafts, surpassing the supersonic barrier is important. The drag coefficient increases rapidly as the aircraft nears the Mach 1. It then stays at high levels till about Mach 1.1-1.2 . After Mach1.2 it drops down hyperbolically. It is therefore not advisable to stay in transonic flight and just above Mach 1. Once in Mach 1.2 and above the drag decreases and it is easier to sustain supersonic flight, even though the drag itself carries on increasing with more speed.

That is why we will probably see serial production Hurjet at 1.4 Mach top speeds, going forward.

1729534978352.jpeg

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom