Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,367
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
What would they offer i wonder, i hope it is not another some overglorified rudal panggul put into a truck with 2000 or better yet 3000 numbering on it
Hong Qi series definitely , like HQ-16 , but it could also be radar system , there's possibility of ukraine joining the radar tender with their Iskra AESA (80K6T or 90K6E) , i hope it will be only shortlisted to either Thales , Selex (Leonardo) and Ukraine , and not chinese system included ....

Last edited:

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,848
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
there's no mention of rafale or either fremm but .

"Among programmes that can now funded with proceeds from foreign loans include the R-73 (AA-11 ‘Archer') infrared homing dogfight missile, for which a total of USD15.7 million has been approved, and the Vympel R-27 (AA-10 ‘Alamo') air-to-air missile, which can be funded for up to USD36 million in foreign defence credits.

In addition, the MoD has also obtained approval to source up to USD750 million in loans for ground-controlled interception radar systems and up to USD540 million for medium-range missiles, launchers, and its associated systems."

lithuania got two nasams III firing unit / battery worth of 128$ million , so this $540 million could atleast provide us with 8 additional firing unit / battery (IF that budget was actually for nasams)
200 million for Ukrainian AAM
750 million for GCI radars
540 million for Medium SAM
(Is 600 million for second hand submarine included here or separated allocation?)

We still got 3.71 - 4.31 billion.

RajaSultanKing

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Hong Qi series definitely , like HQ-16 , but it could also be radar system .

Why do i have a feeling that it would be a KS-1 or its newer variant the HQ-22, though HQ-22 is much nicer since it is also used as a replacement for the HQ-9 (S-300 knock-off)

If HQ-22 i'll be damned, after all the years since Formil Kaskus era and the hoax that HQ-9 was stationed in Biak for testing purposes, we've got a proper LR-SAM

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,531
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
That's what i am afraid there is great possibility China offered their SAM system
LRSAM?
Why do i have a feeling that it would be a KS-1 or its newer variant the HQ-22, though HQ-22 is much nicer since it is also used as a replacement for the HQ-9 (S-300 knock-off)

If HQ-22 i'll be damned, after all the years since Formil Kaskus era and the hoax that HQ-9 was stationed in Biak for testing purposes, we've got a proper LR-SAM
Stationed it to cover southern border?

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,367
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

HQ-9 ? you mean FD-2000 , (we should collect all those "2000" exclusive system from china ranging from FTC, TD , ZBD series etc, those chinese really fascinated with 2000 number)

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,848
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
It's hard for me to imagine 08 is okay with China win something as important as long or medium range SAM.

RajaSultanKing

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
LRSAM?

Stationed it to cover southern border?
HQ-9 ? you mean FD-2000 , (we should collect all those "2000" exclusive system from china ranging from TD , ZBD series etc, those chinese really fascinated with 2000 number)

Oh yeah FD-2000 lol, there was a rumor that it covers our south-eastern borders from intrusion by US and Aussies though i don't know whether it's true or not

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
500 million US Dollar something is enough to bought land based Aster system

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,848
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Franco-italiano SAMP-T, better go full euro for now, like Singaporean
I think they are the strongest contender actually.
60daf8ec95d9e.jpg

RajaSultanKing

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I think they are the strongest contender actually.

what about NASAMS 2, i think since we already have the familiarity of the system we could increase the units, maybe lobby the US to grant us AIM-120C-7 or D to be used for the NASAMS (and maybe for our F-16 too)

Though SAMP-T may give us learning tool to familiarize us with the system before IH and FREMM comes with its own Asters

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,848
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
what about NASAMS 2, i think since we already have the familiarity of the system we could increase the units, maybe lobby the US to grant us AIM-120C-7 or D to be used for the NASAMS (and maybe for our F-16 too)

Though SAMP-T may give us learning tool to familiarize us with the system before IH and FREMM comes with its own Asters
What for? Is there ever any kind of information sharing between air force and navy?

RajaSultanKing

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
What for? Is there ever any kind of information sharing between air force and navy?

what i meant is that the Navy could send its WSOs to operate the system for a month or so to introduce and familiarize the system before Sylver with its Asters are fitted in IH or FREMM (if possible for that matter)

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
there's no mention of rafale or either fremm but .
CANCELLED :devilish:

Oh God noooo.... 😩
China Will Grow Larger

Hong Qi series definitely , like HQ-16 , but it could also be radar system , there's possibility of ukraine joining the radar tender with their Iskra AESA (80K6T or 90K6E) , i hope it will be only shortlisted to either Thales , Selex (Leonardo) and Ukraine , and not chinese system included ....

We Have Big Plan

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Nassams 2 or Samp/t all is good

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
200 million for Ukrainian AAM
750 million for GCI radars
540 million for Medium SAM
(Is 600 million for second hand submarine included here or separated allocation?)

We still got 3.71 - 4.31 billion.

This for 2021 only we still had 2022, 2023 and 2024 to go

So brave yourself Winter is coming

Gundala

Reactions
1 506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
So Rafale, Fremm, T50 got a go?
I dont think so , it said 2021 and those contracts except the T50 you mentioned is not yet done afaik so they have to be carried over to next year budget. Like I said they have only slight chance to be effective this year, I still assume its going to be late 2022 for it to be effective. Keep in mind budget has to be submitted around April then they sit & chit-chat in may-June. Additional budget (if any) will be commence in late 2021.

But that news from Jane....I mean wtf? Type of missiles and the amount publicly published? AFAIK even anggta depeer aja ga sedetl itu dpt infonya if we talking about missiles (exclude DSCA). Missiles purchase are often considered as strategic one, no type along side with the amount is to be made public. They usually just say USD x for air to air missiles. Some culture changes perhaps? Weird.....
It's hard for me to imagine 08 is okay with China win something as important as long or medium range SAM.
Unless US ditch us in a "special way" I dont see us getting SAM systems from China. Lets just see how the Eagle II talk goes then speculate from there.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom