Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

HellFireIndo

Committed member
Reactions
Today Russian invasion has finally commenced for real, and of course, we gentlemen and ladies of the international community will observe this conflict like the cultured military enjoyers we are.

I have received much info from different OSINT sources (AKA social media), it appears that the Russian advanced at a staggering speed, already occupying several cities. One source also said that at least 1 Russian plane is downed, for now. Heck, this isn't even one day yet and we are witnessing Blitzkrieg in action, in real-time updates.

HellFireIndo

Committed member
Reactions
Honestly I've been expecting Russia to chose this strategy because they've been using it again and again since previous invasions above 2000. Rather, I'll be surprised if Russia didn't choose this strategy.
Regarding the nature of the conflict itself tho.

There were many speculations, people mostly took lessons learned from previous Russian wars in recent decades in an attempt to guess the Russian strategy. First in mind is the 2008 Georgian War, Russia launched extensive cyberattacks on Georgia to shut down all communication lines in the build-up towards their invasion. Then you have the little green man unconventional operation in the Crimean annexation, that thing caught everyone off guard, so much so that nobody has any idea what to do with them. A bit minor development is probably the use of PMC and non-conventional units, namely Wagner group and various militias Russia supported in Ukraine and elsewhere, people would expect it will be another proxy war or unconventional warfare like in the Middle East.

But none of these is what we see here in the Ukraine invasion. There is no such emphasis on cyberattacks like what we saw in Georgia, as there are many videos from Ukraine that got circulated, so the electricity and communication line is still working. Then, Russia freaking deploys everything, 150.000 troops, to operate in full-scale conventional warfare. So all the speculation about non-conventional warfare got thrown out of the window, it is nothing like whatever the Americans were doing in Afghanistan.

Is conventional warfare back on the menu? Ironically, the US retreat from Afghanistan might be the symbolic end of the era of insurgency warfare, and this Ukraine war the return of conventional war in the modern era.

SpeaX

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Do you guys think we can defend against cruise missile that struck in the mid of airport like this?

As I said before, we should use land based air defense equipments as primary solution in vital locations like airport or industrial park, not relying on ship based air defense to defend such places because once those ships moved to other places, then those places like airports basically become defenseless and can be taken down easily.

Whatever thing Russian doing in this play, the Chinese can do that too at much more massive scale
Taiwan must learn from this , "peaceful reunification" may imminent. Then like any curiosity out there, I don't know how Uncle SAM will handle if two front are on fire. And for sure, we must be fucked up as well. Then I remember that 2022 pronounces "Twenty Twenty Too", nothing gonna be better - yet . Sigh.

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Putin really derails this TNI AU sub-forum.

Mods, could you move some of the totally unrelated & sectarian posts to Warkop (the right place for any sectarian posts), and some Ukraine related ones to (perhaps) new sub-forum that's focusing on the conflict.

@Umigami

Required

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
If a country with S300, Tor, Buk, and Kub can have this devastating impact against air attack, what will happen with a country with only shorad and Darto Gun? Wkwkwk

Prabowo just need to say, "Bu SriMul, Dong Peng will go brrrr and buuum. We need more money to buy missiles 4.0 to protect our metaverse land!"

Bu Sri Mul "Say No More, 💰💰💰💰💰"
He easly got footage example how dangerous LACM could be to a nation with weak air def

Need more NASAM

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,852
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Putin really derails this TNI AU sub-forum.

Mods, could you move some of the totally unrelated & sectarian posts to Warkop (the right place for any sectarian posts), and some Ukraine related ones to (perhaps) new sub-forum that's focusing on the conflict.

@Umigami
I will move new OOT comments

HellFireIndo

Committed member
Reactions
If a country with S300, Tor, Buk, and Kub can have this devastating impact against air attack, what will happen with a country with only shorad and Darto Gun? Wkwkwk

Prabowo just need to say, "Bu SriMul, Dong Peng will go brrrr and buuum. We need more money to buy missiles 4.0 to protect our metaverse land!"

Bu Sri Mul "Say No More, 💰💰💰💰💰"
I am MBDA salesman, and I'd say that Aster is the solution to everything

Required

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I am MBDA salesman, and I'd say that Aster is the solution to everything
Oh, Of course. Every women, love beautiful flowers.

Aster is the best thing that Prabowo can bring from Europe for Bu Sri Mulyani (flower) and TNI (missiles).

So Sir, how much for 30 Aster?

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom