Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,611
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
LOL..
buying J20 instead?
Using turkish facility to make f16 for us?
Rafale capable of 2.2 mach?
F35 is as fast as J20?

WTH she's talking about?!!!
There are too many "defence and military observers" who actually don't know sh*t in this country, unfortunately. It's even worse when the media keep using them as their sources.

Soman45

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Is defenceview can be trusted? He said PKR 10514 can't accommodate Dauphin in its hangar which does not make sense considering Dauphin is a light helo,
Or is it true that it can't accommodate it?
well almost all his predictions come true for example F-15 and Rafale procurement...basically he and military_buzz is Indonesian's MaxDefense

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,167
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I'm guessing we have at most 2 - 3 years before opening of hostility. Which is why I'm extremely concern with our gov't move with all those cashless payment and in some cases forcing it. In the event of hostility, our extremely vulnerable infrastructure will be hit first, which mean power distribution and financial sector. This is also the main reason why 🇺🇸 has begun hardening their utility infrastructure and maintain vigilant of the cyber domain (Multi Domain Warfare)

Well, we have the same concern then. It seems that everybody and their pets here are now making their own cashless payment. The "latah" culture here is still alive and widespread, apparently.

I'm tend to be more on the optimistic side . The shooting war won't start in 5 years time until mainland were confidence but things are gradually building up with the culmination of 5 years later period . We have a very tight window here and getting tighter by the minute...

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,367
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Is defenceview can be trusted? He said PKR 10514 can't accommodate Dauphin in its hangar which does not make sense considering Dauphin is a light helo,
Or is it true that it can't accommodate it?
if i remember correctly back in the old kaskus day , seasprite actually the one that meant to be ASW chopper for PKR , but i think as565 mbe can just fit with the PKR hangar .

Mejikuhibiu

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
No need to sell all of su series.. keep 2 or 3 unit for sparing for our fighter f16,f15,rafale

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,834
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Anyone know when DSCA publish aproval (or rejection) for our F15EX?

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,834
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
If it through DCS there is no DSCA
Doesn't need any approval from anyone on US gov/senate/house ?

When that rapin list got leak, they said it's gonna be FMS, isn't it?

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Alright, I keep seeing this notion about selling our Sukhoi fleet. As much I welcome the idea, so far I haven't seen or heard anything official about such plan other what were sounded in internet forum & blog. Where does all the talks about selling our Sukhoi fleet came from anyway❔

Soman45

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Alright, I keep seeing this notion about selling our Sukhoi fleet. As much I welcome the idea, so far I haven't seen or heard anything official about such plan other what were sounded in internet forum & blog. Where does all the talks about selling our Sukhoi fleet came from anyway❔
it's not official...just a "leak" from @forummerahputih IG look at page 64 in this thread

gen3115

Reactions
If we do have to get rid of the Flankers from the Air Force inventory, I wonder if its possible for us to make an SOE focusing on providing air combat/adversary training, we can equip with them with the Flankers and they can provide the TNI-AU and regional/international partners with very realistic air combat training with 4th gen Russian Flankers, I know some air forces would want to pay for that.

But in all seriousness, the way I see it, if it comes down to having to sell the Flankers, I think its either selling it to Vietnam (since they operate similar Su-30's) or a better choice would be selling them to an air combat training/adversary company like Draken International.

OR we could just max out their airframe hours...

Gundala

Reactions
1 506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
If we do have to get rid of the Flankers from the Air Force inventory, I wonder if its possible for us to make an SOE focusing on providing air combat/adversary training, we can equip with them with the Flankers and they can provide the TNI-AU and regional/international partners with very realistic air combat training with 4th gen Russian Flankers, I know some air forces would want to pay for that.
Im affraid its not going to happen, dont think we have extra resources to do that kind of thing. Not to mention it will harm our relation with Russia.
OR we could just max out their airframe hours...
That would be the most possible case. I am not sure if AU willing to give up those Sukro before most if not all of those EX & Rafale arrived and at least in IOC. Not to mention Sukro has more complete A2A, A2G/Ship, Anti Radiation missiles package compare to the western one.

San.geuk

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
i'm reading some quora stuff, ended like: wow, some poster seems very know what he/she's doing but there is some mistaken if my memory serve well, about f15ex and rafale procurement, Link-16 in TNI,, at first i think he/she writing it with comprehensive, but eventually some mistake and contradiction in his/her statement, anyone can elaborate in their discussion, or just give them "pencerahan", as far as i know so much mistake in her/his opinion

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,834
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
i'm reading some quora stuff, ended like: wow, some poster seems very know what he/she's doing but there is some mistaken if my memory serve well, about f15ex and rafale procurement, Link-16 in TNI,, at first i think he/she writing it with comprehensive, but eventually some mistake and contradiction in his/her statement, anyone can elaborate in their discussion, or just give them "pencerahan", as far as i know so much mistake in her/his opinion

gw pusing bacanya

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,463
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
There still no news or info about the LIFT jet? With the plan to get lots of fighter jet, we definitely need more LIFT.

this is crunch

Contributor
Reactions
4 614
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
There still no news or info about the LIFT jet? With the plan to get lots of fighter jet, we definitely need more LIFT.
hmm the latest news about that is in about a few years ago we sign a contract to procure 1 T50 golden eagle from south korea to replace the one total lost cause of accident, and i still dont know have they been upgraded with radar or not

Chestnut

Professional
Reactions
Ever heard about asymmetric warfare? Im not saying anything about closing the strait. There was once an era where the "piracy" over malaka strait somehow got bloomed. This event followed by accusing Indonesia not being able to maintain security in their own area thus bringing the idea of having US/Foreign troops permanently patrol the area. To do that the US/Foreign troops need a place to refuel and making a base over there justified. If I recall correctly this was supported by 2 of our "friendly" neighbor. This anger our Govt and indirectly accuse our neighbor has hidden agenda over this event.
Naval asymmetric warfare has become obsolete in the facteof satellite tracking + MPA's. Current satellite technology has progressed to the point that you can track a skiff fairly accurately with the aid of a manned/unmanned MPA aircraft. Why else do you think the Singaporeans largely abandoned their fast missile boat doctrine in favor of satellites, large warships, MPA's and and Strike Eagles equipped with Harpoons?

Gunboat diplomacy is one of many tools in geopolitics. This kinda of diplomacy doesnt stand alone, its part of strategic/tactical diplomacy to influence others to reach the goal. It also has its own limitation as in how far this kind of diplomacy can go before it backfired.
But the reality is that China has so far refused to enter into diplomatic talks with its neighbors regarding the SCS issue. Instead, tey repeatedly sent warships with their transponders offline and repeatedly claim that the sea that they are operating on is "sovereign/traditional CHinese waters".

China had every opportunity to engage diplomatically with her neighbors in order to jopintly secure mining rights in those waters, but instead they used armed PLAN warships in order the bully and threatens those around them. They are literally taking a page out of Commodore Matthew C. Parry's playbook.
We know that some if not most of China missiles is using french tech parts, this alone will give leverage to French is somehow they got cornered by China. By having good relation to French can also help us influence China via back channel not to do anything foolish. So both gained something, and again "guarantee access and cooperation" seems ilogical and foolish statement when the whole world agree that politics is dynamic.
You are VASTLY underestimating the ability of the Chinese electronics industry. Remember, they have far surpassed Russia's by 20-10 years, and are catching up behind the United States by 10-8. Do you really think a country that largely prioritizes their military (and have been constantly developing new military technologies) can't simply create (and improve) something based off technology that they stole or bought? If they can create the J-20 and the J-31 just from technical data stolen from the F-35 program, or the Z-20 from the Blackhawk; You really think China can't simply recreate the stuff that they bought from France? Remember, IP rights means nothing to them.

Well to think diversification is mainly just for cash-grab scheme alone is also unwise and like seeing with kaca mata kuda. It might benefit some oknum or factions, but to think that it will give us less benefit as Nation is unwise. But I can understand where your frustation come from, I know a thing or two about how procurement works.
I worked for that procurement process, I know for a fact it's a cash grab scheme. What benefit for a nation would it be we get something that would inevitably be a defense budget sinkhole? The army Alone is already cash strapped because of the constant purchase of assets that more or less functions the same, to do that to a an aircraft would be 10 times worse by the operational costs alone.

Gado-gado doctrine simply does not work and if you don't believe me, simply ask those over on places like DefenceTalk, r/credibledefense, etc. who are FAR mor experienced in the industry that I am.

Think big, those natural resources is just a bonus if not a cover up. What they aim is to solely control one of the world trade route and give them huge leverage. Thats bigger then any natural reource in the eyes of geopolitic/economic influence. Thats what their after.
Their aim IS the natural resources. The one thing the US has that they don't are oil reserves. if their aim is to control the strait than the 9 dash line would be FAR larger.

See the green blocks? That's Vietnam's gas block claims that are currently trying to be controlled by China. There is no point in China attempting to control the strai if US Navy ships can simply blockade any Chinese bound cargo ship heading towards the strait while it's in the Indian Ocean/Pacific Ocean.

1614260196793.png

What chestnut forgot is that we don't physically need to close the strait ourselves. Even the threat of closing the strait and sinking a ship is already enough to cause widespread disruption to the global supply chains.
Everyone knows we are militarily unable to do that. We can barely do regular patrols as it is, and to think we can attempt to sink a ship, (let alone a warship_ would simply put US in the wrong.

bringing in others countries is precisely the point. The moment we close the strait is the moment all countries will collectively act to prevent it from happening who do you think the international community will side with? One of the world largest democracy fighting in defensive war to protect ourselves or a communist dictatorship in an offensive war.
You would know that once money in involved, politics and ideologies goes right out the window.

Chestnut

Professional
Reactions
She
LOL..
buying J20 instead?
Using turkish facility to make f16 for us?
Rafale capable of 2.2 mach?
F35 is as fast as J20?

WTH she's talking about?!!!
She's saying if we wanted to be actually non-aligned, the logical move should the to buy American AND Chinese fighters.

She basically hit every single point I've said in the past year. The Rafale is too expensive for what it is and poor sales and notorious French aftersales service makes it a terrible choice. Not to mention it uses ZERO of the weaponry we already have in storage, and the operational costs alone would likely have you retire 2 types of aircraft vs 1.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom