Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Indeed....with the President delivering speech and Senior Minister there, strong indication we are back in the game. Now just have to find the money....:giggle:

Not just that, that speech is recorded and well plan, he said KFX/IFX is for the next 30-40 years acqusition plan of Indonesia, which means we are likely to keep cooperation until block 2 and block 3. This is why I said many are against this program, particularly those who has connection with foreign OEM fighter manufacturer.

We have law that forbid foreign equipment to be bought by Mindef if we can make it at home. Just like what happen in Korea in 2013-2014, lobbying would try to jeopardize this program and make dissinformation and bad campaign as well.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,856
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Eygs_fMXAAEPzju

Eygs-2-WgAAhDmu

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Alhamdulillah only when we settle our outstanding debt :D

I believe they are going to do it, inshaAllah. This event is not a small event, unlikely to be another drama again.

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Not just that, that speech is recorded and well plan, he said KFX/IFX is for the next 30-40 years acqusition plan of Indonesia, which means we are likely to keep cooperation until block 2 and block 3. This is why I said many are against this program, particularly those who has connection with foreign OEM fighter manufacturer.

We have law that forbid foreign equipment to be bought by Mindef if we can make it at home. Just like what happen in Korea in 2013-2014, lobbying would try to jeopardize this program and make dissinformation and bad campaign as well.

I don't mind to have 100 KFX Block III (the full 5th gen) tbh :D If the price is $65 mil means we only need to spend like $8.5 bil (incl. the dev cost) for the next 30 yrs.

When can we get the first aircraft based on the current projected timeline?

Captain Wales

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
what HMD going to be use on KF-21 (KFX), some article that i read that they going to be korean build HMD, but some say that not going to be finished on time (correct me if i wrong here). other's said it going to be israeli/US one and another article said it use bae systems one.

is there any official confirmation about what hmd going to be use here?

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I don't mind to have 100 KFX Block III (the full 5th gen) tbh :D If the price is $65 mil means we only need to spend like $8.5 bil (incl. the dev cost) for the next 30 yrs.

When can we get the first aircraft based on the current projected timeline?

According to Korean KAI CEO is 2028 and the order should be around 2026 when the program development is planned to be completed.

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
That is for Air Force, for PTDI I dont know, maybe in early 2023 (1 prototype). This is supposed to be made in Indonesia so there will likely this kind of event for IFX for Indonesian public consumption. Another good PR moment for both Jokowi and Prabowo.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,856
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
what HMD going to be use on KF-21 (KFX), some article that i read that they going to be korean build HMD, but some say that not going to be finished on time (correct me if i wrong here). other's said it going to be israeli/US one and another article said it use bae systems one.

is there any official confirmation about what hmd going to be use here?
Screenshot_20210409-142926_Video Player.jpg

Looks like Elbit D JHMCS

Kafkaesque

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
I don't mean to ruin the party, but this is what I worry about the KFX program:

Specifically, the tech part (I don't think Connie mentioned about the engine, I'd like to add that). 1-2 billion USD is quite cheap, I'm sure the gov can easily fund it, IF they want to.

But what about if we don't get the tech? We were so happy at the start of the program, because back then we thought it'd mean "kemandirian", but as things goes on, turn out the "kemandirian" we got is ONLY about the airframe (since our engineers helped drawing the aircraft).

I don't want us to replace the US and / or the Europe and exchange it to Korea. In fact, I believe this is why the Korean is so insistent in keeping us on the KFX program. It is very easy for them to fund the gap if we left, but if we stay, and say in 2030 we have enough budget for 100 KFX aircrafts (our defense budget is keep increasing, it is very possible), imagine how much money is going to their way since we need them to provide EVERYTHING, except the airframe?

I hope Prabowo (the government) can negotiate a better deal for us.

PS:

(1) Or, alternatively, we take the "airframe knowledge", pay the rest of the "obligation" (2 billion in exchange of knowing how to built an aircrafts body is still acceptable), then go on our way. Open negotiation with the others (France, or even the US) to provide us with the necessary tech.

(2) I don't hate / dislike the Korean, I just don't like to be put on a situation where our supposedly future backbone fighters in entirely dependent on them (on one country).

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,856
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Specifically, the tech part (I don't think Connie mentioned about the engine, I'd like to add that). 1-2 billion USD is quite cheap, I'm sure the gov can easily fund it, IF they want to.

But what about if we don't get the tech? We were so happy at the start of the program, because back then we thought it'd mean "kemandirian", but as things goes on, turn out the "kemandirian" we got is ONLY about the airframe (since our engineers helped drawing the aircraft).

I don't want us to replace the US and / or the Europe and exchange it to Korea. In fact, I believe this is why the Korean is so insistent in keeping us on the KFX program. It is very easy for them to fund the gap if we left, but if we stay, and say in 2030 we have enough budget for 100 KFX aircrafts (our defense budget is keep increasing, it is very possible), imagine how much money is going to their way since we need them to provide EVERYTHING, except the airframe?

PS:

(1) Or, alternatively, we take the "airframe knowledge", pay the rest of the "obligation" (2 billion in exchange of knowing how to built an aircrafts body is still acceptable), then go on our way. Open negotiation with the others (France, or even the US) to provide us with the necessary tech.

(2) I don't hate / dislike the Korean, I just don't like to be put on a situation where our supposedly future backbone fighters in entirely dependent on them (on one country).
Ps(1): isn't buying 48-80 units part of the deal?
(They need international customer)

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I don't want us to replace the US and / or the Europe and exchange it to Korea.

I wouldn't be surprised and actually supportive if in the future we ditch the U.S., Europe, and Russia and buy fighters from Korea, Japan, and Turkey instead :)

Kafkaesque

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Ps(1): isn't buying 48-80 units part of the deal?
(They need international customer)
From what I remember, the initial batch will be 200, and we get (buy / built) 40 >>> 20%

International customer: definitely. On the video they projected various countries flag / colors on the aircraft. We shall be the first.

Kafkaesque

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
I wouldn't be surprised and actually supportive if in the future we ditch the U.S., Europe, and Russia and buy fighters from Korea, Japan, and Turkey instead :)

I prefer we built the important ones our own, and I CERTAINLY AGAINST putting all the eggs on one basket, especially on one of the most important alutsista (jet fighters).

Stuka Dive

Professional
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

PS:

This was exactly the early step we went through when we started the C-212 at the end of 70's and early of 80's. We learned from Spain's CASA first on how to mastery the modern manufacturing technology for aircraft production. Then proceed on technology integration and co-development of CN-235, and so on, until the indigenous N-250 and N-2130 program was that close to be materialized. Unfortunately, the 1998 monetary crisis wiped out the nation's dream.
That means it's fine to learn how to manufacture jet fighter airframe as the starting point. But, don't forget all the next steps in a long run with continuous increment of learning curve and technological mastery advancement.
We should not forget the big-picture : Indonesian indigenous jet fighter competitive to similar products worldwide.

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

PS:

There is plan to incorporate LEN, Info Global, and other and make comprehensive road map on jet fighter technology. We need to get Government support. Mindef has agreed on that comprehensive plan in principal.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom