Indonesia Indonesian Navy, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Laut (TNI-AL)

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,148
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Is there any other way to do it❓And what calibre would you recommend to use other than small arms❓
Personally, I always prefer .308 Win, but that just me being me

Personally ... I prefer for a 20-23 mm . Bigger punch for a bigger effect . And yet , even that was a too tall bridge to cross especially during these whole political correctness age ...
i dunno, I'm just asking the question because I'm not a naval practitioner,but in real conflict situation even smaller munition like 12.7mm on the side better effectiveness than just having 127mm at front
I hope I'm wrong and those specs only for bigger weapon sistem, and those smaller gun will be installed,
and those personnel firearms I mean a rifle btw
You've have obviously missed the sarcasm there.... It doesn:t required a rocket scientist to bolting some plate for a fixed emplacement of 12.7 mm . All they requires was a high vantage point and wide field of view for easing some leads spray and pray ...
In these level of defense technology covered . 12.7 was considered as an accesory . Much like your motorcycle helmet's dealer that you'll never gonna wear it in your life time . until an emergency situation arised .

Say , like ...a Polantas teams are standing/sweeping on your very front door situation .

😘😘😘

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
After recently losing a submarine, Indonesia's navy is hoping to increase its submarine fleet from 12 to as many as 36 boats. Companies from South Korea, France, Russia, and Turkey have all offered designs, and Japanese firms may as well.

Typo?

Common understanding : Triple the submarine fleet.

The misunderstanding : Triple from how many?

Kinda expect another media in the future will tell exactly the same story but from 36 to 108.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,781
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Common understanding : Triple the submarine fleet.

The misunderstanding : Triple from how many?

Kinda expect another media in the future will tell exactly the same story but from 36 to 108.
4 now to 12 later

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Personally ... I prefer for a 20-23 mm . Bigger punch for a bigger effect . And yet , even that was a too tall bridge to cross especially during these whole political correctness age ..
Any crew served (that need to be bolted down) is simply too unwieldy and unlike small arms they can't move around. Which is why using small arms is the preferred method, although IMO using 7.62mm NATO is a lot better than using anything in 5.56mm, but then again I personally never like 5.56mm other than for CQB

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,019
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Perkuat Armada Tempur, Wakasal Tinjau Pembuatan Kapal Patroli Cepat TNI AL​

Sucipto
Jum'at, 30 Juli 2021 - 04:59 WIB
Perkuat Armada Tempur, Wakasal Tinjau Pembuatan Kapal Patroli Cepat TNI AL

Wakasal Laksamana Madya TNI Ahmadi Heri Purwono, meninjau proses produksi Kapal Patroli Cepat (PC) 60 pesanan TNI AL di Work Shop Galangan PT. Caputra Mitra Sejati Kabupaten Serang, Provinsi Banten, Kamis (29/7/2021). Foto/Dispenal

JAKARTA - Wakil Kepala Staf Angkatan Laut (Wakasal) Laksamana Madya TNI Ahmadi Heri Purwono, meninjau proses produksi Kapal Patroli Cepat (PC) 60 pesanan

TNI Angkatan Laut (AL) di Work Shop Galangan PT. Caputra Mitra Sejati di Desa Salira, Kecamatan Pulo Ampel, Kabupaten Serang, Provinsi Banten, Kamis (29/7/2021).

Produksi 2 PC 60 multi years ini kontrak kerjanya telah dimulai sejak Februari 2020 lalu dan direncanakan selesai pada Agustus 2022 mendatang. Kapal PC ini memiliki spesifikasi panjang 60 meter dengan kecepatan jelajah 17 knot dan mampu mencapai 24 knot kecepatan maksimal karena didukung mesin penggerak generasi terbaru 2 unit Marine Diesel berkekuatan 3200 KW.

”Kapal ini nantinya dipersenjatai dengan 1 unit Meriam berkaliber 40 mm type Oto Marlin buatan Leonardo Italia dan 2 unit Meriam 12,7 mm buatan FN Herstal Belgia,” ujarnya. Baca juga: KSAL Pimpin Sertijab 6 Jabatan Strategis TNI AL

Dalam peninjauan ini Wakasal didampingi Direktur PT. Caputra Mitra Sejati Banten Kris Pramono dan para pejabat TNI AL yaitu Aslog KSAL Laksda TNI Puguh Santoso, Aspotmar KSAL Mayjen TNI Widodo DP, Kadisadal Laksma TNI Maman Rohman, Kadispenal Laksma TNI Julius Wijojono dan Danlantamal III Brigjen TNI (Mar) Umar Farouq, serta Danlanal Banten Kolonel Laut (P) Budi Iryanto. Baca juga: Kerahkan Puluhan Perahu Karet, Wakasal Pimpin Serbuan Vaksin di Muara Gembong

Sebelumnya, Wakasal juga meninjau pelaksanaan Serbuan Vaksin yang dilaksanakan oleh TNI AL di area PT. Caputra Mitra Sejati dengan sasaran masyarakat maritim dan masyarakat umum di wilayah tersebut serta para pekerja galangan dengan target 1.000 orang.
(cip)

RajaSultanKing

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
With the recent romantic relation with Leonardo and Italy on navy procurement and diplomacy, i wonder whether the Navy is interested with Sauro Batch IV for the replacement of Nanggala, it is not that old (latest batch was released on early 90s) and by submerged tonnage it fulfills the requirement (1862 tonnes)

though i don't think in terms of specification or familiarity it would give much sense to take Sauro than Brazil's U209

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,019
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
It's more of the 🇮🇹 sales team whose been aggressive. I believe their recent success with FREMM has open their eyes of the potential lucrative market

NH (NFH) 90 or Romeo ? Our future Frigates would be consisted of fleets of large high end Frigates (Itver Huitveld, FREMM and FFM 30) which has capability to storing and operated medium sized ASW helicopters. If Indonesian Navy goes Europ all the way NH 90 would be one of the best out there with large room for improvement, but for maturity and performance record Romeo is one of the best you could get on "free" market

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
NH (NFH) 90 or Romeo ? Our future Frigates would be consisted of fleets of large high end Frigates (Itver Huitveld, FREMM and FFM 30) which has capability to storing and operated medium sized ASW helicopters. If Indonesian Navy goes Europ all the way NH 90 would be one of the best out there with large room for improvement, but for maturity and performance record Romeo is one of the best you could get on "free" market
NH90 being Airbus product do have a slight taste of Kearifan Lokal isn't❓ Whether Perusahaan Dagang Airbus Military Indonesia could deliver the helicopter in schedule is another story

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,148
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Any crew served (that need to be bolted down) is simply too unwieldy and unlike small arms they can't move around. Which is why using small arms is the preferred method, although IMO using 7.62mm NATO is a lot better than using anything in 5.56mm, but then again I personally never like 5.56mm other than for CQB
There is nothing i could have to repute when it come to a CQB's situation . What i relate is in the medium ranged ( 800 - 50 m ) anything closer than that .... Was a free for all situation were Assault rifle were the king of hill . No doubt about it . At all ...
NH90 being Airbus product do have a slight taste of Kearifan Lokal isn't❓ Whether Perusahaan Dagang Airbus Military Indonesia could deliver the helicopter in schedule is another story
Oh they ( the local workshop !! ) Definitely would . What's so hard about god damn assy and painting job when a perfect manual instruction were around and it was supervised by the OEM representation directly to boot . It was paying for the said unassembled product that was allready delivered and shipped to local workshop were into the question here ....

Abarky

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Perkuat Armada Tempur, Wakasal Tinjau Pembuatan Kapal Patroli Cepat TNI AL​

Sucipto
Jum'at, 30 Juli 2021 - 04:59 WIB
Perkuat Armada Tempur, Wakasal Tinjau Pembuatan Kapal Patroli Cepat TNI AL

Wakasal Laksamana Madya TNI Ahmadi Heri Purwono, meninjau proses produksi Kapal Patroli Cepat (PC) 60 pesanan TNI AL di Work Shop Galangan PT. Caputra Mitra Sejati Kabupaten Serang, Provinsi Banten, Kamis (29/7/2021). Foto/Dispenal

JAKARTA - Wakil Kepala Staf Angkatan Laut (Wakasal) Laksamana Madya TNI Ahmadi Heri Purwono, meninjau proses produksi Kapal Patroli Cepat (PC) 60 pesanan

TNI Angkatan Laut (AL) di Work Shop Galangan PT. Caputra Mitra Sejati di Desa Salira, Kecamatan Pulo Ampel, Kabupaten Serang, Provinsi Banten, Kamis (29/7/2021).

Produksi 2 PC 60 multi years ini kontrak kerjanya telah dimulai sejak Februari 2020 lalu dan direncanakan selesai pada Agustus 2022 mendatang. Kapal PC ini memiliki spesifikasi panjang 60 meter dengan kecepatan jelajah 17 knot dan mampu mencapai 24 knot kecepatan maksimal karena didukung mesin penggerak generasi terbaru 2 unit Marine Diesel berkekuatan 3200 KW.

”Kapal ini nantinya dipersenjatai dengan 1 unit Meriam berkaliber 40 mm type Oto Marlin buatan Leonardo Italia dan 2 unit Meriam 12,7 mm buatan FN Herstal Belgia,” ujarnya. Baca juga: KSAL Pimpin Sertijab 6 Jabatan Strategis TNI AL

Dalam peninjauan ini Wakasal didampingi Direktur PT. Caputra Mitra Sejati Banten Kris Pramono dan para pejabat TNI AL yaitu Aslog KSAL Laksda TNI Puguh Santoso, Aspotmar KSAL Mayjen TNI Widodo DP, Kadisadal Laksma TNI Maman Rohman, Kadispenal Laksma TNI Julius Wijojono dan Danlantamal III Brigjen TNI (Mar) Umar Farouq, serta Danlanal Banten Kolonel Laut (P) Budi Iryanto. Baca juga: Kerahkan Puluhan Perahu Karet, Wakasal Pimpin Serbuan Vaksin di Muara Gembong

Sebelumnya, Wakasal juga meninjau pelaksanaan Serbuan Vaksin yang dilaksanakan oleh TNI AL di area PT. Caputra Mitra Sejati dengan sasaran masyarakat maritim dan masyarakat umum di wilayah tersebut serta para pekerja galangan dengan target 1.000 orang.
(cip)

KCR_PC_60.png

hope the second armanet is FN Herstal are automatic

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,148
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
boy , i wish they could offer a 120 mm version ..... Even CAATSA doesn't seem so scary compared to the benefit it could offer for our specific needs and terrain ....

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,019
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
boy , i wish they could offer a 120 mm version ..... Even CAATSA doesn't seem so scary compared to the benefit it could offer for our specific needs and terrain ....

what made CAATSA so difficult to be circumvent for Indonesian case is the practices of Indonesian establishment to paid major defense acquisition contract by using foreign lender agency services (just example is Cayman Bank consortium) in which most of them rely on US established finance system. There is almost rare case for Indonesian government to paid major arm imports by directly using pure cash from yearly budget allocation lot. The practice of Indonesian government is well understandable as Indonesian can using more preferential method of payment (including to chose lending interest rates and adjust them into yearly payment budget) and minimize risk factor involved in arm transfer (as it was had a big risk politically, just like the Russian Mistral LHD case).

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
BMP-3F still da Be5t(y) Our need for beach assault is for IFV with big enough gun & armour protection + decent sea keeping

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,148
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
what made CAATSA so difficult to be circumvent for Indonesian case is the practices of Indonesian establishment to paid major defense acquisition contract by using foreign lender agency services (just example is Cayman Bank consortium) in which most of them rely on US established finance system. There is almost rare case for Indonesian government to paid major arm imports by directly using pure cash from yearly budget allocation lot. The practice of Indonesian government is well understandable as Indonesian can using more preferential method of payment (including to chose lending interest rates and adjust them into yearly payment budget) and minimize risk factor involved in arm transfer (as it was had a big risk politically, just like the Russian Mistral LHD case).
Yeah i know that . But it's just too much of good product to pass on . If we could somehow licensed this beast and make it for 120 mm for a commonality . All of our worries about our marines and airbornes lacking in their armoured thrust are going to be solved and fulfilled much easily . Too bad nothing is going to be as easy as it seem .

😌😌
BMP-3F still da Be5t(y) Our need for beach assault is for IFV with big enough gun & armour protection + decent sea keeping

The related question is what they are going to do when our bois are allready passed the beach heading/air dropped process and starting to meet the enemies armoured elements counter offensive . Everybody were shying away from answering that . Granted trying to pit those sprut with a MBT head to head was an idiotic act on the highest order . But with a prepared setting and preparement their stings could deliver a catastropic blow to the enemy and could possibly create another opportunity .

All in all it's just a food for the thought . After all with the condition of our LPDs and heavy airlifter fleet today ... Massive heavy armoured transport were still within the realm of ideas and aspiration ... Too much of things we have to catch up before we had enough energy and capacity to cater my whims but this beast are a fine speciment tho' ... Even the US with all of their mighty technological prowess still haven't capable to produce something as it's equivalent with all the matching parameter . Or maybe they doesn't consider it as a priority as yet ( haven't been backed enough to the corner obviously.... 😁 )

☕☕

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Yeah i know that . But it's just too much of good product to pass on . If we could somehow licensed this beast and make it for 120 mm for a commonality . All of our worries about our marines and airbornes lacking in their armoured thrust are going to be solved and fulfilled much easily . Too bad nothing is going to be as easy as it seem .
Too many efforts & expenses for negligible gain, it's not worth it.

The related question is what they are going to do when our bois are allready passed the beach heading/air dropped process and starting to meet the enemies armoured elements counter offensive .
🇮🇩 Jarhead clan is only allowed to operate 8Km of the coastal baseline. Further inland is the Army domain. Which is why BMP-3F is the most suitable option.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom