Indonesia Indonesian Navy, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Laut (TNI-AL)

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,386
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Replace Thailand with Indonesia and it still make sense.

The key here not to increase the defense budget but greater shares of the budget for the navy. It's useless to increase defense budget to solve the navy problem when those budget will ended up with the army anyway.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,386
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Kinda ironic because half of our territory is sea.

Indonesia is led in most of its history by land man who doesn't understand the importance of naval power and/or power projection. Hence it will never be a praiseworthy regional power able to exercise its full potential/weight in the int'l arena.

Sea power >>>>> land power. That's what history told us.

Shadow94

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Screenshot_20211118-182642_1.jpg
what helicopter is that? is he interested?

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,367
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I seriously thinking, maybe PT. PAL can redesign PKR hull by make it more long and make it more width to accommodate more space for armaments and other system. I wonder, if they can add suprastructure behind the bridge like the hobart class have to accommodate AESA. it would be the next gen sigma and we can call it destroyer.

I know current sigma is proven design but why they not try to push themselves, they already mastered how to build modern warship hull and suprastructure. Adjustments for each modul between frigate and destroyer is not to different. It would be great if we have our own destroyer since only few countries have it. I believe the Navy will be interested ( it use same concept with the hull and little modifications with the Displacement)

As for the AESA, weapon systems and etc we can do tender like Australia did with hobart class.
those are called as integrated mast, and it's need a very detailed and specific calculation to make other radiofrequency emitter hardware that were placed in such integrated mast not to interfere with each other.

BBOn

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
those are called as integrated mast, and it's need a very detailed and specific calculation to make other radiofrequency emitter hardware that were placed in such integrated mast not to interfere with each other.
Then, there is possibility we can take this sigma destroyer design, by asking ficantieri ( or other known well shipyard) assistant to design integrated mast for this destroyer. like joint development scheme and for systems and sub systems we can relied with company's like Bae, Thales and etc. By the end we will mastered all knowledge regarding design and manufacturing. That's our goal, no?

BBOn

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
The FREMM and Arrowhead hull already satisfied the needed increase in size fir additional weapons and sensors + the intellectual property of the SIGMA belongs to DSNS.

FREMM and Arrowhead 140 are destroyers in all but name.
So, OPV 90M by DRU is an exception???

If we talk about Displacement, sensor and weapon systems... we can called light destroyer by Indonesia standard.

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,535
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
light destroyer by Indonesia standard.
Do you mean Perusak Kawal Rudal ?
Then, there is possibility we can take this sigma destroyer design, by asking ficantieri ( or other known well shipyard) assistant to design integrated mast for this destroyer. like joint development scheme and for systems and sub systems we can relied with company's like Bae, Thales and etc.
Do you believe that Fincantieri would give a "yes" while they already has Leonardo.

And care to elaborate which one is Sigma Destroyer ?

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,386
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
well, i think you can't go all out to be a destroyer with that particular spec and gunnery 😐.
It will be hummilated by type 54 and Burkes.

Our spec for the 2 Arrowhead is 72 VLS according to PT PAL and at ~6000 tons, that kinda enough to classify it a destroyer actually.

I mean consider we classify our 2800 tons Martadinata class corvette as frigate, I don't see what's wrong in classifying the AH's and FREMM as destroyers.

also there are destroyers out there with 32 VLS or even less with lesser tonnage.

It must be ok to be a destroyer if you guys are Iranian. 😁

Iranian are "maksa" when it comes to ship naming.

Their 1800 tons corvettes are classified as destroyers (that's a two step jump above), their tanker are classifies as "aircraft carrying tankers"

at least I'm not as extreme as theirs.

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,629
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
well, i think you can't go all out to be a destroyer with that particular spec and gunnery 😐.
It will be hummilated by type 54 and Burkes.

It must be ok to be a destroyer if you guys are Iranian. 😁
Our spec for the 2 Arrowhead is 72 VLS according to PT PAL and at ~6000 tons, that kinda enough to classify it a destroyer actually.

I mean consider we classify our 2800 tons Martadinata class corvette as frigate, I don't see what's wrong in classifying the AH's and FREMM as destroyers.

also there are destroyers out there with 32 VLS or even less with lesser tonnage.

Iranian are "maksa" when it comes to ship naming.

Their 1800 tons corvettes are classified as destroyers (that's a two step jump above), their tanker are classifies as "aircraft carrying tankers"

at least I'm not as extreme as theirs.

Guys, guys...

5uqx1g.jpg

Whether it's corvette, frigate, destroyer and so on, they're all PKR in Indonesia.

You know, like all tracked AFV being called as "tanks" and wheeled ones as "Panser" here?

Capisce?

Top Bottom