Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Lol,another BF4 player here ? :p So much nostalgia..... Not so proud of my top 3 weapons though,lel.

View attachment 6855
Oh we got a noob tuber over here. :p

Jokes a side, that is the last good Battlefield in my opinion, i have over 640 hours play time on that game, its still the only game where i reached the max rang.
So many funny memories, i miss the times where playing games were fun. :cry:
I heard BF6 is supposed to be modern times again, hope they wont fuk it up.

Here my stats, not proud of my K/D though, i like rush mode and always run for the bomb hence the ''Kamikaze'' emblem. 😂

1605822606673.png

1605822752527.png

Last edited:

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey

Vergennes

Experienced member
Professional
France Moderator
Reactions
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
Oh we got a noob tuber over here. :p

Jokes a side, that is the last good Battlefield in my opinion, i have over 640 hours play time on that game, its still the only game where i reached the max rang.
So many funny memories, i miss the times where playing games were fun. :cry:
I heard BF6 is supposed to be modern times again, hope they wont fuk it up.

Here my stats, not proud of my K/D though, i like rush mode and always run for the bomb hence the ''Kamikaze'' emblem. 😂

View attachment 6866

View attachment 6867

Too sad to see what happened to the Battlefield serie to be honest.... Played all their games since Battlefield bad company...... until BFV,a total disaster in my opinion,spent few hours on it,no more. Hope they won't fck it up too.

I reached all the max ranks except on BFV... (obviously). Too much nostalgia going on here. :p

As I see you have unlocked the phantom bow ? ;)

Blood raven

Reactions
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Nice stats indeed. ☺️

Restarted last month after years of break, busy right now but plan of playing again soon.
Well im busy too🤣, have to learn for my exams in the university, first semester and already learning about quantum mechanics yikes, and there are my minifigures I have to paint
(im currently building a blood angels army ^^)

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
I always use English to communicate with them, only very easy command language that they understand like "dont" "like" and so on
This happens often. My dad moved to UK as a student of law at University of London in 1960. Then got married and my mum moved to London in 1962. I was born to parents whose mother tongue was Pakhto/Pashto/Hindko and also speak Urdu. With my dad being a lawyer and my mum a English language teacher [in Pakistan] both could speak English. So they often used English at home as they thought it would help us getting ahead in UK. In those days Urdu had no currency in UK leave alone Pashto which was considered a language of peasants and wild mountain people. We were not brought up in a particulary religious home and just observed Muslim Eids etc similiar to how mainstream Britain treats Christmas, very much a secular expression of what is putatively religious event.

I use English with bit of Urdu thrown in when talking to my relatives in Pakistan who overwhelmingly can speak good English. In my teens and early 20s I did go through what was in hindsight identity crisis but over time came to terms to the person I was. The fact was I was very much a product of British imperialism. No point in denying that.

Where I am today was writ over 110 years ago when in about 1910 my great-grandad chose to "take the King's shilling" signed up to join as a soldier in the Frontier Force Regiment of the British Raj. Poverty must have been a factor. At any rate he would see combat in WW1 in France and even fought the Ottoman Army in what is now Iraq.

My grandad followed and fought in WW2 in Burma and North Africa. He is even mentioned in dispatches [Capt. Hakim Ali] and his salary and pension afforded my dad quality education and a place at London University. Subsequent to 1947 many of my family in Pakistan continued in serving the Pakistan Army and some still do. It was this military history that drew me to join PDF.

So it is today I, a product of British imperialism find myself a British citizen. I guess I have one feet there and one here. Bizzarely last week my son who works for HMRC was 'asked' to join British Army as reservist officer [part time]. When the HMRC 'asks' that polite way of saying it would help your career progression. So he is seriously thinking of accepting. They only ask for one month in the year.

So taking the shilling for the crown can end up with all sort strange family histories. I always think of this when I hear this song by Pakistani singer Arieb Azhar who can sing in Urdu, Punjabi, English and Serbo-Croatian.

@Saithan @Yankeestani @xenon5434 @Vergennes @T-123456

Last edited:

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
This happens often. My dad moved to UK as a student of law at University of London in 1960. Then got married and my mum moved to London in 1962. I was born to parents whose mother tongue was Pakhto/Pashto/Hindko and also speak Urdu. With my dad being a lawyer and my mum a English language teacher [in Pakistan] both could speak English. So they often used English at home as they thought it would help us getting ahead in UK. In those days Urdu had no currency in UK leave alone Pashto which was considered a language of peasants and wild mountain people. We were not brought up in a particulary religious home and just observed Muslim Eids etc similiar to how mainstream Britain treats Christmas, very much a secular expression of what is putatively religious event.

I use English with bit of Urdu thrown in when talking to my relatives in Pakistan who overwhelmingly can speak good English. In my teens and early 20s I did go through what was in hindsight identity crisis but over time came to terms to the person I was. The fact was I was very much a product of British imperialism. No point in denying that.

Where I am today was writ over 110 years ago when in about 1910 my great-grandad chose to "take the King's shilling" signed up to join as a soldier in the Frontier Force Regiment of the British Raj. Poverty must have been a factor. At any rate he would see combat in WW1 in France and even fought the Ottoman Army in what is now Iraq.

My grandad followed and fought in WW2 in Burma and North Africa. He is even mentioned in dispatches [Capt. Hakim Ali] and his salary and pension afforded my dad quality education and a place at London University. Subsequent to 1947 many of my family in Pakistan continued in serving the Pakistan Army and some still do. It was this military history that drew me to join PDF.

So it is today I, a product of British imperialism find myself a British citizen. I guess I have one feet there and one here. Bizzarely last week my son who works for HMRC was 'asked' to join British Army as reservist officer [part time]. When the HMRC 'asks' that polite way of saying it would help your career progression. So he is seriously thinking of accepting. They only ask for one month in the year.

So taking the shilling for the crown can end up with all sort strange family histories. I always think of this when I hear this song by Pakistani singer Arieb Azhar who can sing in Urdu, Punjabi, English and Serbo-Croatian.

@Saithan @Yankeestani @xenon5434 @Vergennes @T-123456

Thanks for sharing your personal story here, so it means you are already second generation Pakistani who was born in UK. That is reasonable for you then to get attached to England so much. I also watch in Youtube a Malaysian lady (university level) who was born in UK and talk about her life there through her YT channel. Pretty much same like you and she always feel UK as her home and dont have any urge to come back to Malaysia. She wears hijab which show she doesnt have any conflicting value if she wants to come back to her parents country of origin. I would like to ask my cousin about this matter once they visited their family in Jakarta once more. They are both still in school and havent reached 18 years old yet.

First generation may think differently though, maybe particularly true for Indonesian. Both of my cousins parents (their mother is my aunt) who are Indonesian have plan to come back when they have reached retirement and both of their son can live independently. My aunt has bought a land in Depok, Jakarta satellite city, and his husband may have bought land as well in his home town in Aceh province.

My aunt is a social person and always being loved by her friends whether in schools, university, working places, and she even is still quite popular among Indonesian community in US. She becomes teacher in US now although when she was still single she works as marketer/sales for TV station in Jakarta. It shows she doesnt have any difficulty to live as US citizen with her social skills if she wants. She moves to US due to marriage, but never has any intention to change citizenship until now despite her life in US is quite good considering she and her husband own a big house with vast garden there.

Blood raven

Reactions
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
uh oh....warhammer nerd alert....

View attachment 6873
To be precise, I am currently building one of the primaris successor chapter from the blood angels, their name is "knights of the chalice".

After that Im thinking about building a lamenter assault squad with the checkboard and the heart painted on their shoulders, so that'll be fun

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Too sad to see what happened to the Battlefield serie to be honest.... Played all their games since Battlefield bad company...... until BFV,a total disaster in my opinion,spent few hours on it,no more. Hope they won't fck it up too.

I reached all the max ranks except on BFV... (obviously). Too much nostalgia going on here. :p

As I see you have unlocked the phantom bow ? ;)
Im playing since bad company 2, i think it had the best maps or maybe im just nostalgic dont know. :)

And yes got the phantom bow and even finished the phantom program where you need 200 kills with the bow. But to be honest there were bow only servers, otherwise its impossible to do in on kormal servers. 😂

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Well im busy too🤣, have to learn for my exams in the university, first semester and already learning about quantum mechanics yikes, and there are my minifigures I have to paint
(im currently building a blood angels army ^^)
Whats your field?

Vergennes

Experienced member
Professional
France Moderator
Reactions
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
Im playing since bad company 2, i think it had the best maps or maybe im just nostalgic dont know. :)

And yes got the phantom bow and even finished the phantom program where you need 200 kills with the bow. But to be honest there were bow only servers, otherwise its impossible to do in on kormal servers. 😂

I quickly did the 200 kills on Operation Métro. :p

Have you unlocked the DICE LA camo ? ;)

There was a time where nobody would see you through thermal sights,but they patched it back then.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
I quickly did the 200 kills on Operation Métro. :p

Have you unlocked the DICE LA camo ? ;)

There was a time where nobody would see you through thermal sights,but they patched it back then.
Isnt that the one with the puzzle on chinese map?

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom