Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,941
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Using jihadists as proxies was a bad idea. Letting these proxies wield the Turkish flag while they do their thing and not enforcing strict policing on their actions was an even bigger one.

For fuck's sake, is it so hard to ban them from using the Turkish flag? It almost feels deliberate. Or even stopping them from committing crimes.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,116
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Using jihadists as proxies was a bad idea. Letting these proxies wield the Turkish flag while they do their thing and not enforcing strict policing on their actions was an even bigger one.

For fuck's sake, is it so hard to ban them from using the Turkish flag? It almost feels deliberate. Or even stopping them from committing crimes.

Proxies are always going to commit crimes no matter what. The biggest problem we face is these dheads recording and posting images of it.

How dumb one person can be to be recording their own shit while putting it on the internet.

These dumb asses even take photos of Turkish soldiers. Their phones all need to be taken away.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,941
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Proxies are always going to commit crimes no matter what. The biggest problem we face is these dheads recording and posting images of it.

How dumb one person can be to be recording their own shit while putting it on the internet.

These dumb asses even take photos of Turkish soldiers. Their phones all need to be taken away.
Uh, no. The ones here are ISIS-level. Simply trying to hide what they do won't work because with the level of surveillance in the modern world, the truth always comes out. Take away their phones, ban them from using the Turkish flag and enforce some rules on what they can and cannot do.

Melkor

Reactions
1 243
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

Could be rogue elements who literally don’t give a damn or even factions deliberately trying to damage Turkeys image despite Turkeys efforts - I would imagine Turkey trys hard to weed this stuff out. It’s easy to picture it as a straightforward process because of the lectures from the west, when it is probably far from easy…

Last edited:

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,116
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Uh, no. The ones here are ISIS-level. Simply trying to hide what they do won't work because with the level of surveillance in the modern world, the truth always comes out. Take away their phones, ban them from using the Turkish flag and enforce some rules on what they can and cannot do.

Isis like?? A lot of the radical elements have been kicked or cleared out due to Turkeys efforts.

Most jihadists have joined hts, al qaeda or isis.

Fsa was a diverse group they even had christian fighters.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,116
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Could be rogue elements who literally don’t give a damn or even factions deliberately trying to damage Turkeys image despite Turkeys efforts - I would imagine Turkey
trys hard to weed this stuff out. It’s easy for to picture it as straightforward process because of the lectures from the west, when it is probably far from easy…

Honestly western backed proxies are known for crimes they get away with it because they are backed.

Westerners even make Russian backed groups look good.

I mean they make Bashar al assad look like an angel. As I said before if you cant control the narrative we will always be seen as the bad guy.

guest_07

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Malaysia
Nation of origin
Malaysia
As if Western media is reliable itself.

Not about news but propaganda. Media has the power to turn anybody good or bad.

In this instance us Turks are the villains and have been for centuries.
Assalamu'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh to Muslim
& Good day to Other

The Western media & their supporter
loves to denigrate the groups below
on their own (western) failure:

1) Turkey
2) Taliban

guest_07

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Malaysia
Nation of origin
Malaysia
Assalamu'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Wake up,
my Muslim brothers and sisters.

In the Quran, stated about
the hypocrites who are willing to cooperate with the infidels,
in order to overthrow Islam and its people.

Be careful,
my brothers and sisters.

May Allah give strength to Muslims,
to face all these trials,
until we die
and belong among the believers.

Insha Allah.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
22 18,820
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
The solution could be quite simple but would require some risk taking.

Police force or law enforcement like Jandarma.

You’d have to set hard requirements for joining the training and no former militia.

And we’d need Jandarma to patrol the civilian areas.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,116
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
The solution could be quite simple but would require some risk taking.

Police force or law enforcement like Jandarma.

You’d have to set hard requirements for joining the training and no former militia.

And we’d need Jandarma to patrol the civilian areas.

The problem is for that these areas will be seen as part of Turkey another form of propaganda that Turkey is here to annex these lands.

I think a solution is a local police force modeled on the Jandarma.

The more we take lands and give it to the local Syrians with a safe zone and more refugees will return back.

They want security and comfort. I know its going to cost but I feel like Turkey is the only one that does something for Syrians while most countries do jack for them.

I feel like when shit is safe is when its time for Syrians to return back to rebuild their country. Most Syrians would rather live under Turkish protection than Assad thats for sure.

Safe zone under Operation Peace Spring was the best chance in making it happen until the Americans and Russians stopped us in our tracks.

A

Akhtar

I am not too familiar with international law or whether Turkey is viewed as an occupying power/whether the responsibilities would extend outside controlled territory, regarding electricity or water. But Israel has never been successful arguing with the UN over water and Palestinians.

Could be rogue elements who literally don’t give a damn or even factions deliberately trying to damage Turkeys image despite Turkeys efforts - I would imagine Turkey trys hard to weed this stuff out. It’s easy to picture it as a straightforward process because of the lectures from the west, when it is probably far from easy…

Rogue? There are leaders of these factions which engage in this, it's not rogue.

Isis like?? A lot of the radical elements have been kicked or cleared out due to Turkeys efforts.

Most jihadists have joined hts, al qaeda or isis.

Fsa was a diverse group they even had christian fighters.

The FSA split, some stayed with SNA, some reconciled with Assad and some joined SDF. There aren't any Christian fighters in SNA. SNA is mainly composed of Sunni Arabs with some Turkmen groups. And yes, some of them are jihadists. Like Faylaq Al Sham.

Noureddin Zenki which beheaded this kid is part of the SNA btw.

In this video, one of the guys dragging that kid by car has a Turkish flag patch.

20210717_120628.jpg

Don't make excuses for them, they sit under the Turkish flag and next to Turkish soldiers and act like animals, without being policed at all.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,116
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
I am not too familiar with international law or whether Turkey is viewed as an occupying power/whether the responsibilities would extend outside controlled territory, regarding electricity or water. But Israel has never been successful arguing with the UN over water and Palestinians.

Rogue? There are leaders of these factions which engage in this, it's not rogue.

The FSA split, some stayed with SNA, some reconciled with Assad and some joined SDF. There aren't any Christian fighters in SNA. SNA is mainly composed of Sunni Arabs with some Turkmen groups. And yes, some of them are jihadists. Like Faylaq Al Sham.

In this video, one of the guys dragging that kid by car has a Turkish flag patch.

View attachment 25986

Don't make excuses for them, they sit under the Turkish flag and next to Turkish soldiers and act like animals, without being policed at all.

Nobody makes excuses for these psychos.

But remember shit is complicated in Syria thats the problem.

Not just jihadists committing atrocities you literally can say most of the groups and militias do it. They dont operate with geneva conventions or whatever laws to stop atrocities and transgressions.

I do hope one day a lot of them are going to get disbanded rather sooner if not later hopefully.

Melkor

Reactions
1 243
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

View attachment 25986

No doubt there are despicable acts in a war torn country. Not disputing that. However, all I’ve seen so far is some guy wearing a patch resembling a Turkish flag and I’m supposed to just agree the republic of Turkey is complicit to what’s happened in that video? How hard is to slap a Turkish flag on your jacket?

Last edited:
A

Akhtar

No doubt there are despicable acts in a war torn country. Not disputing that. However, all I’ve seen so far is some guy wearing a patch resembling a Turkish flag and I’m supposed to just agree the republic of Turkey is complicit to what’s happened in that video? How hard is to slap a Turkish flag on your jacket?

I am not saying it means Turkey is complicit but it is not good. World thinks we turn a blind eye to it or allow it. Sultan Murad, which we sent to Libya and uses the Turkish flag has resulted in Turkey put on US child soldier list. Media use it against Turkey. Like Saithan said, policing them would solve many, many problems. It is only a matter of time before the Turkish flag is seen on another video, it damages our foreign policy.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
22 18,820
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Any conduct while wearing Turkish flag or patch must be decent, anyone stwppung out of line must be dealt with in best jitem style.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,729
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
There are no perfect proxies and especially in a region like Syria. If you want to be successful in the operation and go within the international law there is no way around. The fails are purely sourced at the Turkish security and foreign policy in Syria and it is not connected to the proxies in any way. These same proxies died with thousands for securing not only their but also our interests and they are not better or worst than any other non-government actor in Syria.

The problem here is not the proxies but the lack of clear structure and the low level of the propaganda system. People here are tiring their brains with philosophies that are of no importance in the big picture like who beheaded who and if someone is stealing or not. Those matters are the matters of the Turkish security forces to sort out and not you.

This is called unconventional warfare and if the nation is not ready for it better close the borders totally and isolate itself from the whole region leaving behind all the national interests of Turkey all around the globe. Like it or not this is how the modern warfare is conducted and there is absolutely no better alternative. I don't want to enter in details about the possible alternatives because I will do more bad than good.

The powerful countries from all around the world are securing their interests with groups like these from decades with different types of groups and their ideologies. Big countries used Jihadists, Marxists, Ultra-Nationalists, Coupists and every kind of human scum that you can imagine. In order to minimize the legal consequences countries are forced to do this. The reality of survival on the ground is based on actions like smuggling. The bare minimum for survival of an isolated entity is based on smuggling. We are talking about civil war here. The brave knights on white horses are fairy tales for the CNN, Sputnik and TRT audience. Like it or not this will continue to be like that and unconventional warfare will be the priority for the special forces and intelligence agencies of many big countries including Turkey to infinity and that kind of warfare will outlive us all and we will see probably many more controversial things in our lives. Better understand this as fast as you can and move on. Those things are wrong on many levels but this is how things work. We better focus on something we can change because this we will not be able to change for certain. Tomorrow someone could even come up with such a group with a banner showing Ataturk's face on it. Will it impress me or surprise me? Absolutely not! The methods will stay the same but the flag will be slightly different.

The things that must and can be improved are better structure layouts and propaganda but with time and experience these will be perfected also.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
22 18,820
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom