Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,394
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
After a long wait, a distinct picture of the Moroccan WS-2D launcher has finally appeared. As a reminder, Morocco has contracted 36 units with a range of 400 km.

Our offensive capabilities are increasing very fast for our ground forces, both at a quantity level, and the high technology that is getting introduced.

Morocco WS-2D launcher.jpg

Found by @Latebra Factum

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,394
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
I read in the Thread here Morocco aquired the Sea Breaker coastal Defence System. A land based coastal Defence System is very important for Morocco to counter a likely Sea Blockade in Event of a Crisis.

Correct Morocco has indeed acquired the Sea breaker ground-launched variant. Really important since our navy is relatively small compared to our adversaries, which will contribute a little until we build our navy to a respectable level.

BaburKhan

Committed member
Reactions
4 607
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Germany
Since 2006 Morocco is planning to aquire Submarines, till now no Deal was signed. In Event of an Crisis Subs play an important Role to counter a Blockade.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,394
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
Since 2006 Morocco is planning to aquire Submarines, till now no Deal was signed. In Event of an Crisis Subs play an important Role to counter a Blockade.

In the past, Morocco was often linked to French submarines, however, I do not see any procurement being made with the French for the moment. At least not with President Macron in charge. In the meantime, our air force, and ground forces will get a big boost.

Latebra Factum

Reactions
2 627
Nation of residence
Morocco
Nation of origin
Moroco
I read in the Thread here Morocco aquired the Sea Breaker coastal Defence System. A land based coastal Defence System is very important for Morocco to counter a likely Sea Blockade in Event of a Crisis.
Yes we got the Sea Breaker AShCM along with other types

a sea blockade is highly unlikely regarding the importance of the strait in the eyes of the USN

Zapper

Experienced member
India Correspondent
Reactions
10 804
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
India
Hopefully the next thing that will be replaced is the rifle , I would hope for the CZ Bren 2 / M4A1 / AK-103
Not the AK. We're praying our AK-203 deal somehow gets cancelled and IA adopts an AR platform

AKs' might be more reliable in rugged terrains but ARs' have caught up and the M4 has performed exceptionally well in US deployments across the middle east and Afghanistan

I personally tried out a civilian version of the 103 at a local gun range and felt an AR>>>>>AK imo from an ergonomic standpoint. I'm no expert but spoke to a few vets and majority of em disgust the thought of an AK (kinda understandable of their bias)

Latebra Factum

Reactions
2 627
Nation of residence
Morocco
Nation of origin
Moroco
Not the AK. We're praying our AK-203 deal somehow gets cancelled and IA adopts an AR platform

AKs' might be more reliable in rugged terrains but ARs' have caught up and the M4 has performed exceptionally well in US deployments across the middle east and Afghanistan

I personally tried out a civilian version of the 103 at a local gun range and felt an AR>>>>>AK imo from an ergonomic standpoint. I'm no expert but spoke to a few vets and majority of em disgust the thought of an AK (kinda understandable of their bias)
Really ? I always thought that the AK is much better than the AR in harsh desert terrain

Zapper

Experienced member
India Correspondent
Reactions
10 804
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
India
Really ? I always thought that the AK is much better than the AR in harsh desert terrain
I believe your assumption comes from the original M16A1 which had a horrible reputation for reliability but several improvements have been made to the AR platform ever since. It's also a question of preference and availability based on pros n cons but if you were to go with the Kalashnikov, an AK-12 might be a better choice over 103

SF units like the SEALs, DELTA or other JSOC units and SAS/SBS have primarily used a SOPMOD M4, HK416, SCAR and the likes while infantry was using the M16A2 or M4 and there is a reason the Russian FSB and certain SSO units started using the 416 and other AR platforms

https://www.flickr.com/photos/podpolkovnikvvs/albums/72157716222748156/with/50423591223

https://www.flickr.com/photos/podpolkovnikvvs/albums/72157716088850488/with/50401905477

FSB
1708964029908.png

Latebra Factum

Reactions
2 627
Nation of residence
Morocco
Nation of origin
Moroco
I believe your assumption comes from the original M16A1 which had a horrible reputation for reliability but several improvements have been made to the AR platform ever since. It's also a question of preference and availability based on pros n cons but if you were to go with the Kalashnikov, an AK-12 might be a better choice over 103

SF units like the SEALs, DELTA or other JSOC units and SAS/SBS have primarily used a SOPMOD M4, HK416, SCAR and the likes while infantry was using the M16A2 or M4 and there is a reason the Russian FSB and certain SSO units started using the 416 and other AR platforms

https://www.flickr.com/photos/podpolkovnikvvs/albums/72157716222748156/with/50423591223

https://www.flickr.com/photos/podpolkovnikvvs/albums/72157716088850488/with/50401905477

FSB
View attachment 66007
I was also trying to say that we mainly depend on 7,62×39mm and on a lower degree the 5,56×45mm for the M16/M4

Latebra Factum

Reactions
2 627
Nation of residence
Morocco
Nation of origin
Moroco
Morocco purchased 150 AN/ARC-231A RT-1987 Airborne Communications System from BAE , note that we purchased 52 similar systems for our AH-64E Guardians , however 150 systems might indicate that the Blackhawk/Chinook deal is soon to be announced .

GHrxILPWQAAzSQq.png

GHsb8wBX0AAjjZJ.jpg

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,394
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
200 LWCLU launchers with more than 600 FGM-148F missiles for Morocco

We have operated the Javelin for a long time, and it's nice that we are adding the latest version of the javelin missiles to the inventory. Now we are mainly operating Russian, Chinese, American, and Israeli anti-tank weapon systems. Still waiting for bigger news to appear on DSCA, this is not even news for breakfast:(

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,394
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
A little update!

Key figures among the Polisario mercenaries were liquidated in attacks that took place in Northern Mauritania.

Sidi Mahdi Ahmed (the new leader of the so-called sixth district) was bombed by Moroccan drones. He was the successor of "Aba Ali Hamoudi who was also killed at the beginning of September.

View attachment 63202

Now we are pleased to announce to you, for the third time in a row, that Moroccan drones are liquidating the new leader of the so-called sixth district, who is buried in “Badda Hamida.” This is the third liquidation of a Polisario commander of the sixth district since September 2023, which means they will have to appoint a new commander :LOL: Greetings to Moroccan intelligence for their great work.

Third commander of polisario.png

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom