Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,685
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Ada class should have and i think will have VLS. 8x will be enough as i think in time there will be a quadpack Siper-1 as nothing is stopping Roketsan from putting a booster under the quadpackable version of Hisar-RF-D.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,837
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Ada class should have and i think will have VLS. 8x will be enough as i think in time there will be a quadpack Siper-1 as nothing is stopping Roketsan from putting a booster under the quadpackable version of Hisar-RF-D.
Means 32 missiles? Do we have that enough space ?

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,956
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
I am puzzled, could someone explain please.

İs there any Ada-Class air defense upgrade?
İf yes? Which air defense systems will be used? Which missiles?

View attachment 66433
View attachment 66434
Is it possible to see VLS of OPV in Ada's upgrade?
Is it possible to see additional AESA radar on the Ada class?
Most likely... Gökdeniz-ER will replace RAM, MAR-D will replace SMART-S and for the Air Defense probably such a solution...

1710102222412.png

Always hoped that we could upgrade Ada-class with STRALES or a similar indigenious solution too give it additional defence capabilities, considering all the threats from UAV and USV's that would actually be a really nice upgrade for all our ships armed with 76mm naval guns.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,685
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Even as dedicated ASW ships Ada class needs VLS. The world is moving to the era of saturation. RAM/Levent is not enough. 8x VLS brings a big capability increase. In the future navy can load 24 quadpack version of Hisar-RF and 8 quadpack version of Siper-1.

Ahlatshah

Reactions
7 223
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
This brother has a great future, and deserves more love imho

The diving tests of Turkey's first autonomous underwater vehicle Deringöz, developed by ASELSAN, have been successfully completed.

According to the statement made by ASELSAN, the first diving system tests of Deringöz, which has a modular structure with autonomous mobility and can be used underwater for both military and civilian purposes, were successfully carried out.

Developed by ASELSAN engineers, Deringöz is planned to be a vehicle that not only meets but also creates needs for underwater operations. With these features, Deringöz is expected to play a critical role in underwater operations.

Deringöz, which has the ability to work at a depth of 600 meters, draws attention with its modular system architecture. Deringöz, which has wireless communication capability, has payload configurations that can be increased according to need. Deringöz is expected to create a major force multiplier for Turkey in the Blue Homeland, with a maximum speed of 5.5 knots and a scanning speed of 3 knots.

YeşilVatan

Contributor
Reactions
9 1,243
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Finally! This is beautiful.

Also how considerate of Navy that they released the footage before Mr. Kozan Erkan's live Q/A tonight.

Mr. Erkan must be getting tired after all the videos he had to make because of all the recent announcements.
It's a shame people like Mr. Erkan isn't getting more access to the conventional media, because I find his approach to things is much more balanced. No needless chest-thumping, no suffocating criticism (like tayyip bad), no excessive politicization. That goes with a lot of the experts in that circle they got going.

If I had the power, I'd fund projects to empower those voices. Who knows, with an office and some interns, this could result in a potent establishment of defence news media. This has potential to go international even.

But politicians need trolls, not educators. Shame...

Quasar

Contributor
The Post Deleter
Reactions
34 2,558
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It's not just a missile launch; It is a success story resulting from the excellent work of many national systems.

National systems used and working together:

-I-class frigate TCG İSTANBUL, designed by STM and produced by the Istanbul Shipyard Command

-Hisar-D RF air defense missile produced by ROKETSAN

-MİDLAS VLS-vertical launch system produced by ROKETSAN

-AESA Combat radar produced by ASELSAN

-ASELSAN produced AKREP fire control radar

-National IFF, data link and fire control system

-HAVELSAN product ADVENT battle management system

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom