TR Politics

S

Sinan

This is one step away from the Taliban. He is basically saying let's make all rules in social life, trade, economy, and judiciary based on Islam. Taliban exactly does that.
Well, in terms of free speech he can say this, imo. However, taking any action on this course will result with a life imprisonment.

Türk Ceza Kanunu'nun (TCK) 309. maddesine göre; “cebir ve şiddet kullanarak, Türkiye Cumhuriyeti Anayasasının öngördüğü düzeni ortadan kaldırmaya veya bu düzen yerine başka bir düzen getirmeye veya bu düzenin fiilen uygulanmasını önlemeye teşebbüs edenler ağırlaştırılmış müebbet hapis cezası ile cezalandırılırlar.

So, i would say he is one step away from spending the rest of his life in prison.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,696
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Hm.... from my meager understanding about muslims worldwide, the Muslims outside of Turkey loves Erdo because he is probably the only one rn who is standing up to the West.
Currently all the Muslims out of Turkey have a weak military, weak Economy, Weak education, Corruption in all aspects of life, and dictators who obey the West rather than their own ppl and nation.
When they see Erdo, they think of some kind of a hero; think about it....
1- A Turk,
2- A descendant of the last major Empire of the muslims
3- loves his imperial heritage
4- Conservative and religious
5- Literally the only muslim standing up against the West and giving them the middle finger

It just adds up to the guys image

PS: I may be wrong, this is what I deduced from my interactions with various Arab and Muslim communities on the internet
Erdoğan doesn't accept himself as a Turk. I don't think we should be calling him Turk because he clearly doesn't want that because of ideological reasons he only identifies himself as a muslim. He is also ethnically not a Turk not that it is important but it is the reality. He has Georgian roots he said that when he visited Georgia in 2004. "I'm Georgian too my family immigrated to Rize from Batumi".

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,067
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Islam is the religion of Arabs whether we like it or not. If you believe like an Arab, If you feel like an Arab, If you trade like an Arab, If you pray like an Arab, If you wear clothes like an Arab you are indeed an Arab. Not that this is a bad thing. Being Arab is perfectly fine nothing wrong with that. But forcing others to become Arab is the wrong part. Mr. Ali Erbaş is exactly doing that. Today he told that we should use economic and trade rules of Arabs, social traditions, and rules of Arabs, we should use the laws of Arabs, etc.

You are right on the god part. Old Turkic beliefs are somewhere between deism and pantheism. We even twisted sharia of Islam to suit our needs because of those roots.

If Islam was a religion for the Arabs it would have stayed in the Arabian peninsula.

I dont think Salman the Persian, Bilal the Abyssinian and Suhaib the Roman would have became Muslim. If so they would have been rejected neither would jews be allowed to convert either as you had some jews who converted to Islam.

If Islam was only for the Arabs it would have been revealed like that by God in turn it would have morphed into a religious racial religion like judaism.

Weak take especially when Arabs only form 20% of the global Muslim population.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,067
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Islam is the religion of Arabs whether we like it or not. If you believe like an Arab, If you feel like an Arab, If you trade like an Arab, If you pray like an Arab, If you wear clothes like an Arab you are indeed an Arab. Not that this is a bad thing. Being Arab is perfectly fine nothing wrong with that. But forcing others to become Arab is the wrong part. Mr. Ali Erbaş is exactly doing that. Today he told that we should use economic and trade rules of Arabs, social traditions, and rules of Arabs, we should use the laws of Arabs, etc.

You are right on the god part. Old Turkic beliefs are somewhere between deism and pantheism. We even twisted sharia of Islam to suit our needs because of those roots.

Well all it mattered for Turks is can we go to war so we can raid and loot.

Also monotheism is great for uniting a people under one banner.

1 God

1 Empire

1 State

People are also forgetting how Tengrism was embedded in the state. Khans always had Shamans with them.

Also the Turks went to war as a punishment to humanity. I dont mean tengrism was a full blown theocracy but the religion still played an important role for the Huns, Mongols, Gokturks, Avars, Khazars and the Bulgars.

You cant apply modern day concept of secularism on the Pre Islamic Era or the post Islamic era as religion was important no matter what.

Seljuk Turks actually helped Sunni Islam become a reinsurgent religion when the abbassids were declining and under the thumb of various shia dynasties.

People dont realise this but Arab domination in Islam has gradually declined as the Turks, Amazighs and Persians took control of their respective regions.

Same story with Al Andalus the Arabs declined and gave way for Berbers.

Still with decline it did not put a dent on the Arabisation of the middle east and north africa.

Last edited:

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,696
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
If Islam was a religion for the Arabs it would have stayed in the Arabian peninsula.

I dont think Salman the Persian, Bilal the Abyssinian and Suhaib the Roman would have became Muslim. If so they would have been rejected neither would jews be allowed to convert either as you had some jews who converted to Islam.

If Islam was only for the Arabs it would have been revealed like that by God in turn it would have morphed into a religious racial religion like judaism.

Weak take especially when Arabs only form 20% of the global Muslim population.
Judaism is also an Arabic religion so is Christianity. Arabs and Jews share common ancestors. Arabs are clever people. There is something called cultural imperialism. For example Troyans or ancient Macedonians are not Greeks but they are Hellenized by adopting the traditions of Greeks. When Bilge Khan wanted to adopt the Chinese traditions and Buddhism as a religion Tonyukuk objected to that idea because of what I said above.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,696
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Well all it mattered for Turks is can we go to war so we can raid and loot.

Also monotheism is great for uniting a people under one banner.

1 God

1 Empire

1 State
Turks have always been monotheistic even before Islam. Turks were monotheistic before Arabs.

L

LegionnairE

Turks have always been monotheistic even before Islam. Turks were monotheistic before Arabs.
It's debatable, but it's also debatable whether Islam is a monotheistic religion.
Since there are other godlike beings in Islam other than Allah.

We say christianity is monotheistic but there's the matter of holy trinity which is confusing.

What makes a religion monotheistic is very much debatable I think.
One could argue that minor gods don't matter and the only true god is Zeus so even Greek mythology is monotheistic.

These things are a matter of perspective.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,067
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Judaism is also an Arabic religion so is Christianity. Arabs and Jews share common ancestors. Arabs are clever people. There is something called cultural imperialism. For example Troyans or ancient Macedonians are not Greeks but they are Hellenized by adopting the traditions of Greeks. When Bilge Khan wanted to adopt the Chinese traditions and Buddhism as a religion Tonyukuk objected to that idea because of what I said above.

Turks also rejected buddhism due to buddhism's emphasis on being vegan or vegetarian which did not sit well with Turks who lived on a protein diet.

Tibetans when embracing buddhism turned the rule over by making their own form of buddhism called Tibetan buddhism. Tibetans love their meat.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,067
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
I find Volga Bulgaria's embrace of Islam an interesting story.

There are some Turks who believe Oghuz Khan was a Muslim which I dont believe because there is no proof of it.

When the Oghuz Turks embraced Islam. Oghuz khan was seen as a righteous man he was also the father of the Oghuz Turks. Many of the Turks looked at him as a father figure its not a surprise some may have tried to make him a Muslim with their own myth.

Nonetheless its interesting.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,067
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

Us Turks failed to play the game of cultural imperialism because we usually embraced foreign cultures.

Nomads can easily be assmilated or adopted any culture for political reasona to make ruling the subjects easier.

For the Nomads like the Turks and Mongols we allowed people to live by their culture as long as they accept our rule, pay tribute or be our vassal.

It was pretty simple while the colonial empires it was different.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,067
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkish nation to remain steafast to their root?

In those roots, there are beliefs other than Islam. You would be wrong when you limit the roots of Turks to Islam only, do not ignore this. For example, Gok Tengri, shamanism religions were the most common religion among the pre-Islamic Turkic groups. Does this not mean rejecting Turk's pre-Islamic roots? Then, will Metehan not be counted as Turkish roots? The establishment date of the army he founded is written on the coat of arms of the Turkish army. You should research the roots well :)

T%C3%BCrk_Kara_Kuvvetleri_armas%C4%B1.png

Please pay attention to your statements about Ataturk. We Turks are very sensitive about our leaders. It doesn't matter what century they lived in.

Pre Islamic and Post Islamic era of Turkic history is all important and needs to be learnt.

I dont like fanboys from both sides.

Great post.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why are istanbul busses breaking down?
Because the AKP goverment didnt invest in them during their 20 years rule and their party member still block projects in the municipal parliament so that people like you can ask these stupid questions.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,935
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Yeah, CHP is disappointing me with these moves.

I'd still vote for Mansur Yavaş if he ran but because of his qualities as an individual politician, not because of the party.

At this point, I expect many new parties to start popping up. I'm sure people already know how much trouble the American two-party system has wrought.

HTurk

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,203
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
It's debatable, but it's also debatable whether Islam is a monotheistic religion.
Since there are other godlike beings in Islam other than Allah.

what

We say christianity is monotheistic but there's the matter of holy trinity which is confusing.

Actually, that's an argument that Christians always face in discussions with Muslims and Jews. It's debatable whether Christianity is a monotheistic religion but Islam and Judaism have a pretty clear stance on this issue.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom