TR Politics

Baklava Consumer

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Forget the European Army, the EU probably won't exist in the next 10-20 years. Almost all European countries have stagnant economies and faltering demographics. And the immigrants that they have brought in are not accepted by the natives and don't assimilate. And they have broken the social fabric, there are literal parallel societies in big capitals of Europe.

Good luck with the European Army when anti-globalization/far-right parties are getting stronger in the national and EU Parliament.

Because this is a defense forum, I don't think projects like FCAS, or the joint Tank project with France and Germany will survive..
The EU only survives because the US acts as a guarantor of security policy in Europe, when the Americans leave, these civilized Europeans will be at each others' throats.

Bozan

Contributor
Reactions
5 1,698
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Forget the European Army, the EU probably won't exist in the next 10-20 years. Almost all European countries have stagnant economies and faltering demographics. And the immigrants that they have brought in are not accepted by the natives and don't assimilate. And they have broken the social fabric, there are literal parallel societies in big capitals of Europe.

Good luck with the European Army when anti-globalization/far-right parties are getting stronger in the national and EU Parliament.

Because this is a defense forum, I don't think projects like FCAS, or the joint Tank project with France and Germany will survive..
The EU only survives because the US acts as a guarantor of security policy in Europe, when the Americans leave, these civilized Europeans will be at each others' throats.

Then that's another headache and crisis for lifelong leader Erdogan, as almost half of exports are to the EU.

Iskander

Committed member
Azerbaijan Correspondent
Reactions
9 697
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
If there is an European army it will more likely be used against Turkey than against Russia
So far in Europe we see a slightly different situation.
Turkey and the rest of the world are watching as the so-called "progressive part of humanity" (in other words, "humane" Christians) prepare to be at each other's throats.

Apparently, France, in its role as the leader of Europe, is considering the possibility of sending its troops to Ukraine. In my opinion, the moment of truth in Europe will come when the Russians and French start killing each other on the battlefield.
Then it will become clear who is friend and who is enemy.

Baklava Consumer

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Then that's another headache and crisis for lifelong leader Erdogan, as almost half of exports are to the EU
Good thing we're not in the EU and not integrated into the Single Market then..
I remember a video on YouTube, a Greek economics Professor talking about how rosy and beautiful it is for a country to enter EU single market, for example, an instant boost of 2%-5% in GDP, but also how devastating and crippling it would be getting out. Over time your whole economy becomes addicted and dependent on this international market union.

In 2010, I supported Turkiye's entry into EU, but in 2024? No.
Look at the Inflation Reduction Act in the USA, Look at what China is doing with EVs in Europe.

We need to steer clear from the sinking ship and focus on localization, self-sufficiency, and opening new markets in our region for exports.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
10 9,053
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Haha very funny coming from someone who said that ‘’Ne mutlu Türküm diyene’’ is considered racist. He literally have zero credibility.

to me political islamists are basically the equivalent of the cultural Marxists/leftists that i see here in the UK. Where they even got to a point where they are telling people that its racist and hateful for the english to fly the english flag. same agenda taking place in Turkiye. Another 20 to 30 years of this agenda in Turkiye and declaring yourself Turkish will be a crime. They will even try to rename the state something meaningless like Anatolia. An incremental step by step process while pretending to be defending the victims of society. Same exact shit taking place in much of the west, a globalist agenda.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,127
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Palestine vs Israel should not be a domestic issue.

That issue should be for geopolitcs or foreign issues.

Turkiye owes nothing to either country. Politicians in Turkiye all run on populism akp lost votes to Erbakan because of the palestine issue.

lets be honest that is retarded when a foreign issue is seen as something important in domestic issues.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,127
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
It seems like every time I gain a little bit of respect for Erdoğan he comes out and says something incredibly stupid.

Shouldnt all foreign signs be taken out apart from ones that are for tourists.

Every country has its own official language.

Pretty scary how Antalya has russian signs everywhere while the other parts of Turkiye its Arabic signs.

It ruins cohesion.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,127
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Can the government interfere in the language of the signs on private property in the country you're living?

It depends as Australia technically does not have a official language but a defacto.

Its not properly enforced but shops here tend to have both English and their own languages on their signs.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,941
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Writing signs in another language should be fine but these signs should always be accompanied by very prominent Turkish translations that are visible to everyone and not stuck in small font somewhere to the side. That should be non-negotiable and otherwise you should not be permitted to put up signs in Arabic, Russian, etc.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
10 9,053
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Writing signs in another language should be fine but these signs should always be accompanied by very prominent Turkish translations that are visible to everyone and not stuck in small font somewhere to the side. That should be non-negotiable and otherwise you should not be permitted to put up signs in Arabic, Russian, etc.

I once went into fatih destrict istanbul, where the syrians/arab/kurdish refugees are in big numbers. All the shops nothing but Arabic signs. Walk in and ask for something in Turkish, they look at you in disgust and in english "say no Turkish". They couldn't give two shits for trying to learn the language or customs of the land.

disaster.

Ukrainian refugees here in the UK go out of their way to show their gratitude. Many of them in my area do lots of volunteer work, its like they are desperate to show the british they are greatful for the country who took them in. Almost like the complete opposite to what you see in Turkiye with the syrian refugees.

I_Love_F16

Contributor
France Correspondent
Reactions
10 1,544
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
I once went into fatih destrict istanbul, where the syrians/arab/kurdish refugees are in big numbers. All the shops nothing but Arabic signs. Walk in and ask for something in Turkish, they look at you in disgust and in english "say no Turkish". They couldn't give two shits for trying to learn the language or customs of the land.

PKK 2.0 I’ll tell you that. This will be really ugly.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,941
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan

disaster.

Ukrainian refugees here in the UK go out of their way to show their gratitude. Many of them in my area do lots of volunteer work, its like they are desperate to show the british they are greatful for the country who took them in. Almost like the complete opposite to what you see in Turkiye with the syrian refugees.
I'm curious how the Ukrainian refugees in Turkey behave. Don't hear much about them.

YeşilVatan

Contributor
Reactions
10 1,289
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I'm curious how the Ukrainian refugees in Turkey behave. Don't hear much about them.
They are leagues better than anything that comes form the eastern or southern border. But they too must go at some point. They did some good PR work by cleaning Antalya beaches etc. That was in 2022 I think. I'd guess more than 90% will leave in the following 10 years.

Bozan

Contributor
Reactions
5 1,698
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

What is the background of this?

This trio, who detained Ayhan Bora Kaplan; Ankara Deputy Police Chief Murat Çelik (in a standing suit), Deputy Director of the Organized Branch Şevket Demircan (in a green shirt) and Commissioner Ufuk Gültekin (in white) were detained

I didn't know MIT had the authority for judicial investigations.

The common point of Ayhan Bora Kaplan's escaped lawyer and the secret witness of the case: DUBAI

Over the Ayhan Bora Kaplan investigation, there is a great power struggle and showdown within the government (to which the MHP is also a party). At a time when Interior Minister Ali Yerlikaya was preparing to crack down on public officials close to Bora Kaplan, he underwent a "counter-operation". In the incident, which was reflected in the conversation of the suspended police chiefs with the secret witness; Whether there is an attempted coup d'état or an effort to liquidate Yerlikaya, reinstate the old cadres and release Bora Kaplan by scaring Erdoğan through a 'new coup plot' will be revealed by the developments that will take place in the coming days.

However, Serdar Sertçelik, the secret witness who took part in this "counter" operation, is a remarkable name. Sertçelik reads the speeches in the videos he publishes on Youtube through a text. He 'talks' the police chiefs he calls, records them and serves them. Journalist Saygı Öztürk, in his column Sertçelik's be in Dubai

Top Bottom